Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:21:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Grand Old Nonce of York: Andy's trial is GO

Started by touchingcloth, January 12, 2022, 02:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pupshaw

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 14, 2022, 02:57:13 PMThe 5th amendment is a bit odd. I find it weird that it can't be used as evidence of wrongdoing in criminal proceedings when its purpose is to allow for people to not incriminate themselves, so the fact that someone invoking it surely means that they are hiding something they reasonably believe to be evidence of a crime?

Possibly the best video on youtube.

Alberon

Now the city of York is asking to not be associated with Andrew.

QuoteCalls have been made in York for Prince Andrew to relinquish his title of Duke of York, with the city's Labour MP calling it "untenable".

The demand by Rachael Maskell, the MP for York Central, echoed sentiments expressed by a senior councillor, Darryl Smalley, who said the association was tarnishing the city's reputation.

Maskell said: "It's untenable for the Duke of York to cling on to his title another day longer; this association with York must end. There's a very serious allegation made against this man of privilege and entitlement. I'm working with agencies to tackle sexual violence and misogyny."

Smalley, a Liberal Democrat who is an executive member for culture, leisure and communities on the city of York council, said it had been argued that Andrew losing titles was important to protect the military.

"I think the vast majority of people in York feel exactly the same in protecting the reputation of the city."

Smalley said it would require an act of parliament to remove the title but that should not stop it happening because of the shame being brought on Andrew as Duke of York.

"York is fantastic, we have got a lot to be proud of and one thing we don't want is to be so burdened with this link to Prince Andrew."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jan/14/calls-strip-prince-andrew-duke-of-york-title

Goldentony

reportedly he's kept the title of THE ULTIMATE NONCE

greencalx

Quote from: Alberon on January 14, 2022, 05:29:38 PMNow the city of York is asking to not be associated with Andrew.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jan/14/calls-strip-prince-andrew-duke-of-york-title

Might be quicker and easier for the city to change its name first. To Prince Andrew, perhaps?

monkfromhavana

Quote from: greencalx on January 14, 2022, 08:43:32 PMMight be quicker and easier for the city to change its name first. To Prince Andrew, perhaps?

Nonceville, Nonceshire.

Catalogue Trousers

Quote from: Mister Six on January 14, 2022, 03:03:13 AMWhat's this from?

Dead Head, a four-part drama series by Howard Brenton first shown on BBC2 in 1986. Although released on DVD a few years back, it hasn't been re-issued since, and to the best of my knowledge has never been repeated on terrestrial or satellite.

Spoiler alert
However, I do know where you can find it for free online. If you want to know, then just drop me a PM and I'll send you the link.
[close]

Mister Six

Catalogue Trousers

Not sure if I can PM you, or you me, Mister Six, so here's a link to episode one:

Spoiler alert

Search on the same site for the remaining 3 episodes - I used the term
Spoiler alert
dead head 1986
[close]
- and you should be sorted.

Mister Six

Brilliant, thanks! I thought I had DMed you, but not I don't see the option next to your name. Did you disable it in settings?

Catalogue Trousers

That could be it. I hadn't done it deliberately, I'll take a look-see.

Edit to add: how very extraordinary. The option to send or receive PMs appears to have vanished completely from my profile details and settings. What gives?

Alberon

QuoteThe Duke of York's lawyers want to question a psychologist who treated the woman accusing him of sexual assault, claiming she may "suffer from false memories".

Court documents show they want Virginia Giuffre's husband, Robert, and psychologist Dr Judith Lightfoot to be examined under oath.

No, not looking desperate for Andrew and his legal team, not at all.

oy vey

Man of straw clutches at straws. Pitchforks are going to be in short supply come September.

If he loses this civil case, would a criminal one not follow?

The Queen, the press, the military, the city of York etc have all turned on him. Apart from his paid legal team, is anyone on his side? What about Fergie?

Captain Z

The Duke of York's lawyers also want to talk to the machine that developed the photograph of the Duke and Ms Giuffre together, claiming it may suffer from a "dangerous design".

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Alberon on January 15, 2022, 04:29:22 PMNo, not looking desperate for Andrew and his legal team, not at all.

reckon his legal team are probs milking him for all he has now

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 15, 2022, 06:08:01 PMreckon his legal team are probs milking him for all he has now

Has he got anything left to sell? How much do officer uniforms go for in army surplus stores?

Jittlebags

He's probably got an industrial quantity of scud mags in his cellar. They should fetch a few bob.

Pinball

Why is he still living in a castle? Receiving 'Sovereign Grant' payments? Getting £300k p.a. security detail? Doesn't look like an ordinary 'private individual' to me.

Ferris

Bit sinister this, like he's being prepped for his epstein moment

mothman

The point about the August 14 deadline would appear to be consistent with Andrew's lawyer's subsequent unsuccessful (and always doomed?) attempts to have the case thrown out on the basis that the extension to the statute for past crimes was unconstitutional.

jobotic

Poor chap.

I heard on the radio that his team want to know from Guiffre's husband what her finances were when they married. You can see the repulsive angle they're going for here, she wants some sweet British taxpayers' money.

Ferris

Quote from: jobotic on January 15, 2022, 11:35:17 PMPoor chap.

I heard on the radio that his team want to know from Guiffre's husband what her finances were when they married. You can see the repulsive angle they're going for here, she wants some sweet British taxpayers' money.

Yeah that British taxpayers money is Andy's, he earned every penny.

bgmnts

Absolutely gutted that his chickens have come home to roost and that a lifetime of being a massive piece of shit has left him mentally fucked at the end and all alone.

Gutted for the man.

Really hope we cunt all these royals as soon as possible and use that money to tackle homelessness or somwthing.

greencalx

Would the idea that a complainer is motivated by seeking justice, rather than a mere payoff, play well in a US court?

Rich Uncle Skeleton