Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:48:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tennis 2022

Started by selectivememory, January 04, 2022, 12:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oy vey

Any chance he can play via Zoom?

FredNurke

Crashing out on match point due to his deep-seated opposition to antivirus software.

Deanjam

BBC iplayer are showing the Sydney final tomorrow morning from 8am, if anyone fancies watching Andy Murray play.

selectivememory

Nice. Cheers for the heads up.

oy vey

Quote from: Deanjam on January 14, 2022, 05:10:34 PMBBC iplayer are showing the Sydney final tomorrow morning from 8am, if anyone fancies watching Andy Murray play.

Dunno. Is the prick vaccinated?

Deanjam

Crenners

Djokovic wife is a tosser. 5G valve.

Deanjam

Murray match starting now on iplayer, just an hour later than planned!

selectivememory

Very strange that Karatsev didn't make the top 100 until he was in his late twenties, with his breakout run at the Australian Open last year. Tough player.

Deanjam

I guess players develop their best at different times. Maybe he had a confidence issue. Anyway, he's dominated this final.

Deanjam

Very good performance from Karatsev, Murray was never really in it. Think he's a definite contender for the Aussie Open.

selectivememory

Quote from: Deanjam on January 15, 2022, 10:27:04 AMI guess players develop their best at different times. Maybe he had a confidence issue. Anyway, he's dominated this final.

Yeah, I guess we've seen it on a less extreme scale in the past, but he really did come out of nowhere this time last year. All the more impressive that he's backed it up since then and proved it wasn't a fluke.

Very good win for him anyway. Got a lot of points to defend at the Open, but I think he's done enough in the last year to stay at least top 30 whatever happens. And yeah, depending on his draw, he could go deep again.

Deanjam

I see Thanasi Kokkinakis won the Sydney title. Good to see him playing well again. Was touted with Kyrgios a few years ago, but injuries have really hampered him.

selectivememory

I remember around 2015/16 thinking he was destined to be a top player, but he's just had rotten luck with his health and fitness. I feel like every year we see him win a couple of matches in Australia before his injuries flare up yet again. Very talented kid with a lot of presence and personality on court, so it's nice to see him win a tournament at last.

chveik

some of the matches in sydney (wta) were high quality. hope they'll keep it up and we get some consistency at the top

Jasha

Djok off, expect a Serb riot soon

Deanjam

Crenners

Wait for him to get home then nuke serbia

shoulders

Psycho stalker Serbian fan wearing a folk garment saying the event will be empty without 'our boy'. Looks like another Serbian is in the draw love, chill out.

Jasha

Wouldn't want to be a boomerang shop owner in downtown Belgrade tonight Clive

shoulders

Take the paeds home with you Nole

selectivememory

I think the funniest thing that could happen now is if Nadal wins the title, with the easiest draw he's ever had, to win his 21st slam before Novak wins his. Ideally he wouldn't even play someone ranked in the top 30. I'm only sorry Federer isn't there to take advantage.

Deanjam

Quote from: selectivememory on January 16, 2022, 02:28:30 PMI think the funniest thing that could happen now is if Nadal wins the title, with the easiest draw he's ever had, to win his 21st slam before Novak wins his. Ideally he wouldn't even play someone ranked in the top 30. I'm only sorry Federer isn't there to take advantage.

Some of Djokovic's crazier fans already think this is a Fedal led conspiracy to stop him getting the record, so that would make for some entertaining reactions.

Medvedev has to be the big favourite. He's got the experience of winning a big one, made the final last year, and everyone else seems too inconsistant.

Amazing that Nadal is the only previous winner in the men's draw and he has only won it once, way back in 2009.

selectivememory

Yeah, Medvedev the obvious favourite now, although I do have a bad feeling about Zverev. Not sure where Tsitsipas's fitness is at the moment, but Berrettini might be a bit of a dark horse. And you'd hope that some of the younger players (Sinner, FAA, Shapovalov etc.) might see this as an opportunity to step up.

That said, I would absolutely love it if a veteran like Dimitrov or Monfils had a serious crack at it. Might never get a better chance than this.

oy vey

Powerful return of serb there.

chveik

pigamus

iamcoop