Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:47:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

020210us Th1ngs

Started by touchingcloth, January 06, 2021, 06:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This thread title...

...is a gobsmack conveyed
...decrees that your dad will ejaculate but once through his human male penis, and be gone
...cinderella's tits.  just her absolute fucking tits
I BET YOU DO DO-DO YOU DOODLE OLD DOOBEN I BET YOU DOOBY DO
...is renowned for rotisserying a robot grief dog within its own grave
wap wap Wap Wap WApWApWAPWWAPWAPWAPWAP
BATON DAVID
OTHER

olliebean

Sophie's Choice and Sophie's World are two different things.

phantom_power

Hobson's Choice is not the male equivalent of Sophie's Choice

Replies From View

Quote from: phantom_power on January 14, 2022, 12:04:14 PMHobson's Choice is not the male equivalent of Sophie's Choice

Feminist version.

Crenners

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 13, 2022, 11:45:00 AMSo what's the deal? Which ones are the nonces?

The entire England cricket team, no matter who is selected.

Paul Calf

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 14, 2022, 09:14:19 AMCharlotte's Web is a children's book about a spider who befriends a pig, and not about the horrors of the Nazi death camps. For some reason I'd got it into my head that web is to Charlotte as list is to Schindler.

Quote from: gabrielconroy on January 14, 2022, 10:10:50 AMI had the same misconception for quite a long time, too. I think it's something to do with a sort of Sophie's Choice/Jacob's Ladder mash-up.

Did you two just fall out of your mums' cunts yesterday or something?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Paul Calf on January 16, 2022, 11:19:04 AMDid you two just fall out of your mums' cunts yesterday or something?

Same mum, different cunts. I fell out of my one a few weeks back, can't speak for Gabriel.

touchingcloth

A break of 147 in snooker means getting 147 points in any single turn, rather than starting with the very first shot of the frame.

Hex Triplet

Keep getting The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe mixed up with the Diary of Anne Frank.

olliebean

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 16, 2022, 12:28:33 PMA break of 147 in snooker means getting 147 points in any single turn, rather than starting with the very first shot of the frame.

It's only possible at the start of the frame, surely?

touchingcloth

Quote from: olliebean on January 16, 2022, 04:11:22 PMIt's only possible at the start of the frame, surely?

I just watched Hendry vs O'Sullivan in 1997 on the YouTubes because my partner remembered watching it on the telly. It's listed as one of Hendry's 5 career 147 breaks, but I thought the video I found was the wrong one initially because both players made some shots before any potting happened. It's only possible to make 147 if no balls have already been potted, but apparently as well as meaning to take the first shot of a frame (which is what I've always taken it to mean), a "break" is just any run of scoring in a frame.

mjwilson

You can make more than 147 if the other player fucks up before you have your go. (Disclaimer, not a snooker expert.)

Endicott

First shot of frame --> the break off
Unbroken sequence of scoring shots by one player --> a break

They do sound similar. My guess is it is called 'a break' because it is finished when you break the sequence and allow the other player go.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Endicott on January 17, 2022, 12:56:15 PMFirst shot of frame --> the break off
Unbroken sequence of scoring shots by one player --> a break

They do sound similar. My guess is it is called 'a break' because it is finished when you break the sequence and allow the other player go.

In my experience in pub games, people talk about who the person taking the "break" will be, and meaning to disrupt the triangle of balls. It's probably related to playing more pub pool than competition snooker.

NoSleep

When you rub the back of a bit of sellotape or masking tape to secure it to a surface, that's called burnishing.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Crenners on January 16, 2022, 08:41:23 AMThe entire England cricket team, no matter who is selected.

Even Will Carling?

Replies From View

Naturally some 'bits' of sellotape will be just the backs by themselves.  You can't burnish a back that is by itself - fact.

Endicott

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 17, 2022, 01:41:04 PMIn my experience in pub games, people talk about who the person taking the "break" will be, and meaning to disrupt the triangle of balls. It's probably related to playing more pub pool than competition snooker.

Very true. In pool the thing synonymous with a sequence of shots taken by one player is called a 'visit'. The break shot is the first shot of your first visit.

And usually the last, unless you're at county level in which case somehow they always seem to get something down.

Sonny_Jim

Mary Jo Pehl of MST3K fame played a character called 'Pearl', but her surname is pronounced differently (Peel).

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: touchingcloth on December 25, 2021, 12:23:46 AMMost of Hong Kong is not on an island.

John Donne considers rewrite.

Replies From View

Quote from: Endicott on January 17, 2022, 04:23:45 PMVery true. In pool the thing synonymous with a sequence of shots taken by one player is called a 'visit'.

Why do they need a word for that.

phantom_power

I always referred to it as a "go" or "turn"

olliebean

I've always called it a "spigot." But maybe that's just me.

touchingcloth

The Peter Jackson Beatles documentary makes 020220u5 why so many of their lyrics make next to no sense.

"We need a name that's a bit like oh-oh. Yoko. No. Ono. Oh, no. Jo Jo. That's the one!"

"We need some lyrics that have sort of an eh-ah sound. Hijack? Nah, bit violent. Bareback? No, filthy. Get back? Oh yes, lads, now we're cooking."

Fascinating to see that the writing process was more aimed at creating tone poems than whimsy, but also nonsense.

olliebean

There's a video around somewhere of Peter Gabriel at work (I think it was in a BBC4 documentary or something) where his songs are mostly nonsense sounds and phrases in the early stages. I think I've seen Phil Collins doing similar in footage of Genesis working up a new song. And Mike Oldfield went the whole hog and just left the nonsense syllables in the finished songs. (As did the Beatles with goo goo g'joob, of course.)

touchingcloth

Quote from: olliebean on January 19, 2022, 10:21:00 AM(As did the Beatles with goo goo g'joob, of course.)

Ob-la yeah they di-d.

Replies From View

"Attracts me like a cauliflower," suggested John as a placeholder.

"Attracts me like a pomegranate," sang George.

Replies From View

Quote from: olliebean on January 19, 2022, 10:21:00 AM(As did the Beatles with goo goo g'joob, of course.)

So many people repeat this as "coo coo ca choo" that I've been driven mad over the years.

The lyrics are in the fuckin sleeve, you doofus!

olliebean

Quote from: Replies From View on January 19, 2022, 10:35:54 AMSo many people have heard this as "coo coo ca choo" that it transforms me to violence.

Including Simon & Garfunkel, when they paid tribute to it in Mrs Robinson.

touchingcloth

"I am the wool, Russ."

Replies From View

The Rutles' Piggy in the Middle renders it "do a poo poo"