Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:16:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bob Saget dead

Started by Shaky, January 10, 2022, 01:49:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrsWarboysLover

I hear he got murdered in a well.

Bronzy

This clip suddenly means a lot more when you realise that Bob knew Norm wasn't well at the time:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UUsm7uUwNuQ

The "I love you Norm" at the end is quite moving in retrospect, they clearly had such a genuine friendship.

Crenners

Damn, I'm welling up here. What a talent and seems like one of the best guys ever.

Cold Meat Platter

Tiger! Uppercut! in the beyond dude. RIP

GoblinAhFuckScary

aw rip. only ever heard the words bob and saget uttered together previously by this man

Rolf Lundgren

Still in shock over this, such terrible news. The sheer amount of people who only have great things to say about him says everything. I've been watching videos of his podcast a lot lately and still can't quite believe he's gone so suddenly. Definitely recommend having a look at those and basking in some of those conversations. A very funny and sincere man.

Thanks for sharing that story Small Man Big Horse, puts him higher up in my estimation than before and what an incredible gesture on his part to be open to the discussion and criticism.

Mr Faineant

A shame, seemed like a nice bloke. He wasn't funny, but he seemed nice.

It seemed to me that his comedy was all based around novelty of the family friendly guy from full house saying "cock". Which is fine, if you can make a living that way...if you find an angle to print money, take it, there aren't many.

I wonder if the sadness left in his heart from Norm dying is what finished him off. That would be cute, wouldn't it, like those old couples.

Twit 2

sutin

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on January 10, 2022, 09:07:35 AMI saw him back live back in 2018 as my Danish ex was a huge fan of his, and I was really impressed by the majority of his act, it might not have been the most innovative of stand up but it was very funny. I'd only just set up my blog at the time but wrote a review of that gig which was largely positive, but mentioned how one song about a man transitioning to a woman had elements that I was uneasy about - only for Bob to get in touch with me via twitter, where we had a few exchanges discussing it, with the end result being that he said he'd never perform it again as he hadn't realised that it might upset someone until now. All of which made me admire him an enormous amount, my review was on a blog which didn't exactly get a huge amount of traffic, but he took the time out to try to understand my thoughts about the show, and all the while he was incredibly polite and friendly.

That's a lovely story.

Imagine Glinner had reacted in the same way in regards to that IT Crowd episode. All our lives would be so much different.

up_the_hampipe

There seems to be a lot of questions around his death based on the autopsy. It was reported earlier this week that he took a nasty bump to the back of his head, perhaps from hitting the headboard when lying down, but he shrugged it off, got into bed and went to sleep where he died of a brain bleed. Now the autopsy report has revealed he suffered a much more serious head injury:

QuoteBob Saget, the comedian and actor, died after what appeared to be a significant blow to the head, one that fractured his skull in several places and caused bleeding across both sides of his brain, according to an autopsy report released on Friday.

The findings complicated the picture of Mr. Saget's death that has emerged in recent days: Far from a head bump that might have been shrugged off, the autopsy described an unmistakably serious set of injuries that would at the very least have probably left someone confused, brain experts said.

But experts said that with such an extensive injury, it was unlikely that Mr. Saget would have intentionally ignored it. The injury would likely have left him confused, if not unconscious.

"I doubt he was lucid," Dr. Bazarian said, "and doubt he thought, 'I'm just going to sleep this off.'"

Some neurosurgeons said that it would be unusual for a typical fall to cause Mr. Saget's set of fractures — to the back, the right side and the front of his skull. Those doctors said that the injuries appeared more reminiscent of ones suffered by people who fall from a considerable height or get thrown from their seat in a car crash.

The autopsy, though, found no injuries to other parts of Mr. Saget's body, as would be expected in a lengthier fall. The medical examiner ruled that the death was accidental. The local sheriff's office had previously said there were no signs of foul play.

"This is significant trauma," said Dr. Gavin Britz, the chair in neurosurgery at Houston Methodist. "This is something I find with someone with a baseball bat to the head, or who has fallen from 20 or 30 feet."

Dr. Britz noted that the autopsy described fractures to particularly thick parts of the skull, as well as to bones in the roof of the eye socket. "If you fracture your orbit," he said, referring to those eye bones, "you have significant pain."

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/11/health/bob-saget-autopsy-skull-fractures.html

Thursday

Maybe he landed head first after being thrown down a well.

Sorry.

dead-ced-dead

A friend of mine in secondary school died in a similar way. He crashed his motorcycle in a manor that didn't seem serious at first. By all accounts from the last few people to see him alive; he got up, seemed pretty woozy and confused but otherwise okay. He went to bed and didn't wake up.