Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:00:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What boujee stuff have you done recently?

Started by The Mollusk, January 08, 2022, 04:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gilbertharding

Quote from: The Mollusk on January 08, 2022, 04:32:19 PM...Was legit thinking of taking it back and switching it but my partner said we could use it to make our towels all fluffy and nice...

Yeah, no don't use it on your towels.

Ferris

Quote from: gilbertharding on January 11, 2022, 03:06:58 PMYeah, no don't use it on your towels.

Povvo mentality. Bezos and Gates would use it on their towels.

The Mollusk

Haha yeah we've not used it yet, someone else upthread warned against it also. Might pour it down the drain, true legend shit

Ferris

Quote from: The Mollusk on January 11, 2022, 03:23:29 PMHaha yeah we've not used it yet, someone else upthread warned against it also. Might pour it down the drain, true legend shit

Thinking like a Musk. You're on the right path son.

the Fallen

This close - this - to buying an air fryer.

Is that boujee? I got one a couple of years ago and I've never eaten so many fucking chips.

the Fallen

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on January 11, 2022, 06:32:58 PMIs that boujee? I got one a couple of years ago and I've never eaten so many fucking chips.

My mate who flaunts his admitted to never having tried slathering chicken with tandoori paste, as a sort of budget Tandoor replacement that does not actually work like a Tandoor

So I'm either ahead of the curve, or there's no curve. I don't eat chips.

They don't do liquid well apparently? Well I got spices out the ARSE

So that's a bit boujee. Considering an air fryer based on what spices work best with it.

Milo

Stonefish

Quote from: The Mollusk on January 08, 2022, 04:32:19 PMhttps://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/boujee/ - there you go you old farts

If you are someone with wealth who a working class scrote like me would contemptuously call "boujee" then you have no standing in this thread. This is a place for common pricks splashing out - splashing up - and going "fuck yeah just like Bezos" when they buy Himalayan rock salt instead of Saxa regular table shite.

I'll set the bar low to start: Accidentally bought fabric softener instead of whatever the other thing is called today. Was legit thinking of taking it back and switching it but my partner said we could use it to make our towels all fluffy and nice and I was like "fuck yeah just like Bezos. This is EXACTLY the sort of thing he does every day, no question about it, he's got a specific product to make the hood of his dressing gown feel soft on his stupid bald head" (I'm not bald and I'm still so giddy off the high of buying fabric softener that I can talk down to those of you who are just for a little bit).

Something boujee which cost me nowt recently was finding a boxed (as in fully sealed, I'm not that much of a goblin) Philips Sonicare toothbrush at a property inspection worth about a hundred fuckin quid. Well happy with that. I thought my regular £30 gob wand was good but this thing feels like your mouth is taking off into outer space or experiencing its own private DMT trip or something. Mental. I sit on a high chair and wave it about like a royal sceptre every day. It's completely changed the way I live my entire life.

What say you, peasants?

The second "fuck yeah just like Bezos" really got me.

Milo

Quote from: Milo on January 11, 2022, 07:20:49 PMBut what are they [air friers]?

Looked them up. They're small fan-assisted ovens, like the big ones already present in every kitchen in the developed world.

Quote from: the Fallen on January 11, 2022, 06:45:00 PMMy mate who flaunts his admitted to never having tried slathering chicken with tandoori paste, as a sort of budget Tandoor replacement that does not actually work like a Tandoor

So I'm either ahead of the curve, or there's no curve. I don't eat chips.

They don't do liquid well apparently? Well I got spices out the ARSE

So that's a bit boujee. Considering an air fryer based on what spices work best with it.

Mine gets used at least twice a week. I'm using it now to fry diced potatoes with peppers and onions as a side dish to gilled pork steaks. They're great for making crispy jerk chicken wings - a Saturday night staple.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: The Mollusk on January 11, 2022, 03:23:29 PMHaha yeah we've not used it yet, someone else upthread warned against it also. Might pour it down the drain, true legend shit

Great avatar to help this image

To celebrate passing my probation period at work (humble brag) I had some of a box of chocolates that my uncle gave my parents for Christmas and they then re-gifted to me. They're in a fancy box, but not actually that nice.

the Fallen

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on January 11, 2022, 08:30:26 PMMine gets used at least twice a week. I'm using it now to fry diced potatoes with peppers and onions as a side dish to gilled pork steaks. They're great for making crispy jerk chicken wings - a Saturday night staple.

That sounds quite good. I'm amenable

Pal of mine living elsewhere sent me a message about air fryers. He has "lots" of them and gave many away for Xmas. I'm sure he works in a different trade entirely, so his air fryer life might be entirely based on the merit of the little dry fuckers.

It's boujee af for me. I'm all cast iron pans and Dutch ovens. I didn't have a slow cooker until the pandemic

Yes. I too may fry with air

Dex Sawash

gilbertharding

Ooh!

I just remembered one (it's quite hard because we're dead middle class, but not very aspirational, and at the same time aware that we probably take things for granted which other people might envy): we sometimes have a box of chocolates from Hotel Chocolat which we bought as a self-reward for passing some trivial landmark (the box we have now was a present to ourselves for xmas, ordered along with boxes for other people. On another occasion I bought a box to celebrate our staycation last autumn).

At some point in the evening one of us might say to the other, "Shall we have a chocolate?" and then we'll have a chocolate each. Then put the box back in the sideboard.

Actually, reading this - is that bougie? Or just tragic?

flotemysost

Quote from: gilbertharding on January 12, 2022, 11:23:15 AMAt some point in the evening one of us might say to the other, "Shall we have a chocolate?" and then we'll have a chocolate each. Then put the box back in the sideboard.

Actually, reading this - is that bougie? Or just tragic?

Waiting for Godiva (though to be truly in keeping with the thread title, you could've gone for these:)

I splashed out and ordered some new Jaipur-style cotton bedding from a fancy fairtrade company recently (as opposed to Wilko/Primark Home, where the rest of my bedding is from). When I work from my bedroom, my bed is in full view behind me for video calls which feels a bit intrusive as it is, and I sometimes stupidly wonder if I'm being judged on my taste and limited roster of duvet covers and pillowcases (I normally spend the 30 seconds or so before a call starts running round tweaking the corners so it looks presentable).

But then, they're probably already judging me for my modest booze cabinet and a framed print on my wall with some tits in it, both of which are also visible in video calls, and are both also probably pretty boujee things to have in your bedroom.

mothman

I indulged myself a brief flight of fantasy whereby after winning that £100m+ EuroMillions a while back, I splashed out on this...

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2022/jan/12/rene-magritte-masterpiece-record-sale-auction

canadagoose

I bought French butter from M&S yesterday. I realise this is my second post about butter but still, it's not what I'd usually go for. Generally it's good, but the salt crystals are a misstep IMO. If it was just salted normally it would be great.

Gurke and Hare

Lurpak's on a special in Sainos at the moment by the way.

ProvanFan

Bit of cocaine that I didn't really want but just did it anyway

mothman