Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,186
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 767
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:08:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

In praise of Otex

Started by pancreas, November 11, 2021, 10:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

What's a sesh? This come with any instructions. I bought it at a chemist though not in a pub.

Lying on my side with guggling in my ear for five minutes?

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: jobotic on January 14, 2022, 08:21:25 PMWhat's a sesh? This come with any instructions. I bought it at a chemist though not in a pub.

There might Be a better way but I

Light some candles
Lights down low
Full hot water bottle with 80 degrees c water
Lie on side, head on bottle ( tissue paper on bottle
Drop otex express into ear
Listen to it song like coco pops for ten min
Turn over, do same do other ear

the Fallen

Quote from: jobotic on January 14, 2022, 08:21:25 PMWhat's a sesh? This come with any instructions. I bought it at a chemist though not in a pub.

Wait til the bubbles stop

Mine is improving. Basically a sesh for me now is a Sopranos episode

Dex Sawash

this cunt dead yet stuff is just piss peroxide?

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Dex Sawash on January 15, 2022, 04:47:15 PMthis cunt dead yet stuff is just piss peroxide?

Yes but water or oil has been proven to be roughly as effective apparently.

olliebean

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on January 15, 2022, 11:21:33 PMYes but water or oil has been proven to be roughly as effective apparently.

Oil, maybe, but it's messier and has a tendency to make things worse before they get better. Water, not in my experience.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: olliebean on January 16, 2022, 08:46:46 AMOil, maybe, but it's messier and has a tendency to make things worse before they get better. Water, not in my experience.

Definitely lot more fun having your ear getting All volcanic also

PlanktonSideburns

Right I've pumped tepid water in my ear thrice, nothing

Tried otex then pump, nothing

What am I doing wrong? Can I put hot paint stripper in the syringe?

Poobum

Took me about 5 days before I was gloriously blasting out waxy chunks. Was the most tortuous delayed satisfaction.

PlanktonSideburns

5 days of blasting every day?

Poobum

Yeah, had bad impaction from having to wear earplugs jammed into my ears every night.

PlanktonSideburns

Noted. Will keep on pumping

Captain Z

A review of the syringey thing I bought said it took between 30-40 blasts to get it all out for them. Was easily a good dozen for me.

flotemysost

This is all incredibly tempting. I got sent to the ENT for tinnitus a few years back, they hoovered my ears at the start (disappointingly you don't get to see whatever jetsam gets dredged up), then made me march on the spot and spin in circles with my eyes shut before deciding nothing was wrong with my brain (though an observer might have begged to differ).

All well and good, but now I'm wondering if there might be a build up of the gold stuff that's still causing a few issues, I have quite narrow ear canals (the doctor said so) and I'm always shoving earbuds into them so it seems likely. Might treat myself to a pinnal purge with one of the elixirs detailed here.

mothman

Did it do anything for the tinnitus though? Because mine is so bad at this point it literally keeps me awake.

gilbertharding

Depends what's causing your tinnitus. Whenever I've had a bad blockage, the ringing in my ears can be pretty bad.

That's the one thing about all this self treatment. It's a good idea to see the quack to make sure that the blockage is just wax, and not an infection or something more serious. Of course, as the patient, you might know best, and you're probably right.

mothman

I'm already half deaf, so it's hard to ignore. My hearing in my good ear is better than average (or was before the tinnitus got bad) so it's unlikely to be a blockage.

Got me some of that Otex Express Combi Pack to glug down my lugs. Can't wait to hear the Moody Blues as God intended.

mothman

the Fallen

Tinnitus is in fact the brain so you'll want to drill a whole in cranium to otex that there

mothman

jobotic

Well the Notex is working. Four days on it then a load of water in and out of the ear in the shower each morning and the blockage has pretty much gone. Pillow was a bit minging this morning. It did get a lot better then blocked up again a couple of days ago though so I don't want to count my chickens just yet.

Tinnitus predates it, think it was just a lot fucking louder because there were no other sounds disguising it.

olliebean

Any thoughts about Otex Express vs Earex Advance?

PlanktonSideburns

In light of unsatisfying irrigation last night, goons take this bad boy into the bath:

ADVANCED is better than EXPRESS right?

PlanktonSideburns

Well the picture didn't work but it's

EAREX ADVANCE

google it nerds

flotemysost

Quote from: mothman on January 17, 2022, 12:16:16 AMDid it do anything for the tinnitus though?

It wasn't too bad, mainly just a very faint but constant high-pitched tone. Suspect it's just my penance for too much time pressed up against the speakers at clubs and gigs without ear protection, though apparently my hearing itself is actually OK.

The faint tone is still there but I'm sort of used to it now. I do get random fleeting bursts of very intense ringing/muffling now and then, which might be more likely to be a blockage. Anyway, regardless of any health stuff I just want to exorcise the fuck out of them because I think it would be fun, really.

H-O-W-L

I've got a fucking eustachian tube blockage atm because of my cunt sinuses. Normally clears on its own but there's fuck-all you can do. Already Otex'd and hot-water'd my ears to fuck.

jobotic

I think having cunt sinuses is your most pressing issue

H-O-W-L

Dex Sawash

You're going to have to hang upside-down and pour the otex in your nose