Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:44:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Boris Johnson - Time Running out?

Started by Alberon, December 09, 2021, 01:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinAhFuckScary

Cunt was probably squirming and struggling to sleep all night in his silken pyjamas, utterly shitting himself with anticipation at getting to recite that.

Replies From View

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on January 19, 2022, 12:59:25 PMlol at Johnson showing incredulity at the quote. The guy wrote books about Churchill? He worships him? Why would he not know key events leading to his premiership?

another lol at "what a dick" picked up on mic

And immediately afterwards a BBC announcer cutting in to say "SOMEONE THERE SAYING 'WHAT A DAY' - DEFINITELY 'WHAT A DAY' THEY SAID.  NOW BACK TO BORIS JOHNSON DOING HIS THING WITH THE TALKING ABOUT OMICRON"

Milo

Quote from: pigamus on January 19, 2022, 12:45:09 PMDavid Davis doing 'In the name of God, go', I had a feeling somebody would do that

Was trying to think where I'd heard that before and just realised it's One Foot in the Grave.

https://i.imgur.com/47MNUeu.png

Aside from the fact the Keir should have to discipline this cunt already, my prediction is he'll lose his seat anyway in the next GE - probably due to both Boris being inevitably replaced and that his CLP will hate his guts and refuse to campaign for him.

Milo

Seems an easy win for Starmer to immediately expel him. Means he can say that Tories knew about this happening but only raised the alarm now. Makes them all look dodgy.

TrenterPercenter

Wait a minute is all you need is a picture of someone to prove guilt?

I think they work out whether he is actually guilty; then if so yes expel as it would be the most convenient for Labour.

Video Game Fan 2000

The dream would be getting three or more tories to defect then expelling them all at once.

Milo

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on January 19, 2022, 05:02:30 PMWait a minute is all you need is a picture of someone to prove guilt?

Fair enough, but given the circumstances it's not a totally unreasonable conclusion to leap to.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Milo on January 19, 2022, 05:18:15 PMFair enough, but given the circumstances it's not a totally unreasonable conclusion to leap to.

Aye I hear what you are saying you are right I just didn't know whether it had been confirmed - it would be very very useful if it was true.

mothman

Forget unChristian Wokeford, he's a sideshow and while his defection might actually instil a slight increase in Tory solidarity for a day or two but in the longer run it'll be the defection that'll stick, especially if there are more.

And fuck Wokeford, too. What he did today took guts, sure, but his political career is over. Even the more pragmatic members of the Bury CLP, the ones less concerned with ideological purity to the exclusion of all else, won't work with him. At best they'll give him one chance in a GE, and it might even be a half-hearted one at that. My guess is they'd prefer to not even have to select him as candidate but I'd guess that's part of whatever deal has been done.

the Fallen

Mr Speaker

I'd like to raise a toast to the prime minister, as the offering of alcohol to him is surely the only way he can do anything he might describe as work?

the Fallen

Quote from: Alberon on January 19, 2022, 01:11:05 PMSo, that pointless shitshow is out the way again for another week. What happens now?

Will more letters be submitted this afternoon?

No

One line whip Friday so they're waiting til next week

Forget where I read this. Maybe my imagination. But basically it's not just the amount, but the timing thereof

olliebean

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 19, 2022, 12:37:18 PM"The Labour Party has changed...and so has the Conservative Party"

Is Starmer saying that the Tory Party wasn't as venal, corrupt and morally bankrupt as it is now at some point?

He's saying the Tories aren't getting away with it any more, and Labour wants to step in and be the party to get away with what the Tories used to.

mothman

Quote from: the Fallen on January 19, 2022, 08:31:38 PMNo

One line whip Friday so they're waiting til next week

Forget where I read this. Maybe my imagination. But basically it's not just the amount, but the timing thereof
Some of the political journos were saying this on Twitter. Don't know why they have to have have them vote so quickly. Presumably so the whips don't have time to bully and threaten people into supporting the incumbent.

pigamus

They can't decide if they want to wait for Sue Grey or not, and she hasn't spoken to Cummings yet.

chveik

Quote from: mothman on January 19, 2022, 07:14:15 PMEven the more pragmatic members of the Bury CLP, the ones less concerned with ideological purity to the exclusion of all else, won't work with him.

where's the limit of your big tent?

Video Game Fan 2000

There's never been a Labour leader who's acted principally out of a need for ideological purity more than Kier Starmer. But its the ideology that isn't an ideology so it doesn't count.  The moving goal post over what counts as "centrist" or "moderate" is part of that.

Psybro

Quote from: LynnBenfield69 on January 19, 2022, 04:18:32 PMhttps://i.imgur.com/47MNUeu.png

I read him coming from a black tie event as that he was in blackface and then I thought the person with the black mark squiggled over their face was him, and he was doing a postmodern Rorschach take on it.

Quote from: pigamus on January 19, 2022, 09:30:15 PMThey can't decide if they want to wait for Sue Grey or not, and she hasn't spoken to Cummings yet.

Sue Gray edging them until Cummings.

pigamus

Fucked it, haven't they? They can't decide on a replacement and the replacements aren't sure they even want it. So he wriggles off the hook again. What a surprise.

pigamus

From Politico:

'A rare editorial from Guido Fawkes headlined "What's the plan?" gave the Tory-leaning media's strongest argument in favor of keeping Johnson. It was being shared widely by Conservative MPs yesterday: "None of the front runners for the leadership even wants the job right now. Polling shows that none of the leading rival candidates for PM would save some 100 plus seats that would be lost if a general election were held tomorrow. If the Tories switch Prime Ministers without a general election, the calls for a general election mandate will mount. Be careful what you wish for ... Turfing out a Prime Minister over twentysomethings in Downing Street guzzling cheese and wine is not really on a level with Suez, are they sure this is a well judged course of action? Politics is volatile, that 10 point lead Labour has today could switch back in 3 months again. Boris could turn it around like Thatcher. Who of the other current contenders has the strength of personality and ability to connect with voters?"'

SpiderChrist

Quote from: pigamus on January 20, 2022, 07:50:26 AMFrom Politico:

'A rare editorial from Guido Fawkes headlined "What's the plan?" gave the Tory-leaning media's strongest argument in favor of keeping Johnson. It was being shared widely by Conservative MPs yesterday: "None of the front runners for the leadership even wants the job right now. Polling shows that none of the leading rival candidates for PM would save some 100 plus seats that would be lost if a general election were held tomorrow. If the Tories switch Prime Ministers without a general election, the calls for a general election mandate will mount. Be careful what you wish for ... Turfing out a Prime Minister over twentysomethings in Downing Street guzzling cheese and wine is not really on a level with Suez, are they sure this is a well judged course of action? Politics is volatile, that 10 point lead Labour has today could switch back in 3 months again. Boris could turn it around like Thatcher. Who of the other current contenders has the strength of personality and ability to connect with voters?"'

Jesus, that's depressing.

shoulders

If anything is putting off a leadership challenge surely its economic data surrounding inflation and gas prices and the May elections. They want Johnson to own the lot and are betting there will be enough bad news there and in the report for him to be dead meat to allow a clean break.

olliebean

I want to get rid of Johnson as much as the next man, but I have a creeping dread that whoever, and whatever, comes after him will be ideologically much worse.

superthunderstingcar

Quote from: pigamus on January 20, 2022, 07:50:26 AMBoris could turn it around like Thatcher.
Come on Argentina, the Falklands are still right there you know.

pigamus

The irony is, he absolutely loves spending money, which is why keepers of the Thatcherite flames think he's the devil. If things had been different he could have been Harold Macmillan, but it all went on dodgy contracts and HS2 and Test and Trace that didn't work.

Fambo Number Mive

Wonder when the next leak will happen.

Replies From View

jobotic

He's made it clear to the CRG that he's happy to really let the bodies pile high so I reckon he's laughing now.

Keep reading about how great it is that he's kept the economy open, not a mention of the near 200,000 dead. What a hero he is.

Butchers Blind

Any news from Emma Kennedy? Only a matter of time, eh?