Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:55:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Appalling people, revelling in the lazy bullying. Also i despise the faux humility of using the praying hands emoji. Or fucking any emoji tbh

frajer

Weary shite. Netflix, just a heads up: someone's drunk dad got on stage and you accidentally paid him 20 million.

Edit: sorry, wrong thread. But I do wonder if Linehan will blog massive gushing praise for Gervais within the hour. File it under another celebrity who will never acknowledge him maybe.

retsuza

Quote from: phantom_power on May 24, 2022, 11:22:24 AMI hate that "cake and eat it" attitude of calling someone a woke snowflake for getting offended by a routine that is specifically written to be offensive. That is the only "humour" there really, the OTT offensiveness

Reminds me of Schrodinger's asshole (Don't worry its not a picture of physicist Erwin Schrödinger's asshole)

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 24, 2022, 11:30:18 AMAppalling people, revelling in the lazy bullying. Also i despise the faux humility of using the praying hands emoji. Or fucking any emoji tbh

I don't think all emojis are created equal, praying hands is up there with "rolling crying laughing" in that they're only used by the most obnxious people you'll ever meet.

phantom_power

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 24, 2022, 11:30:18 AM

Appalling people, revelling in the lazy bullying. Also i despise the faux humility of using the praying hands emoji. Or fucking any emoji tbh

So they are just jokes with no political meaning but he accepts praise from a known transphobe who likes the material unironically?

Dayraven

QuoteAlso i despise the faux humility of using the praying hands emoji.
Think this has roots in Japanese usage, as that's where emoji came from in the first place — the gesture is used there as a general 'request' sign as well as in a religious sense.

Barry Admin

Quote from: retsuza on May 24, 2022, 11:44:57 AMI don't think all emojis are created equal, praying hands is up there with "rolling crying laughing" in that they're only used by the most obnxious people you'll ever meet.

I hate emojis and have done for years, but have recently just started to use em, even this one: 😂

It's just quicker at times, and stops a lot of misunderstanding.

idunnosomename

Quote from: retsuza on May 24, 2022, 11:44:57 AMI don't think all emojis are created equal, praying hands is up there with "rolling crying laughing" in that they're only used by the most obnxious people you'll ever meet.
yeah i just remembered who constantly uses 🙏: lozza fox.

Ricky is basically just 🤣 personified. Or maybe he's more of 😂 . Less effort. The other one is rolling about

jobotic

I can only imagine what it's like to be a person on the receiving end of this hateful shit.

You're all worth a hundred of these bastards.

idunnosomename

Quote from: phantom_power on May 24, 2022, 11:51:35 AMSo they are just jokes with no political meaning but he accepts praise from a known transphobe who likes the material unironically?
are you saying "HJoyceGender" who is flogging a book called TRANS in her avatar is not a neutral party in this?!?!?!?

Quote from: jobotic on May 24, 2022, 11:55:17 AMI can only imagine what it's like to be a person on the receiving end of this hateful shit.

👌

canadagoose

"Oh I hate the old kind of Christmas, you know, the one with Jesus. Ugh, that old dinosaur. But you know, I love the new Christmases, oh sorry, Winterval"

"Oh I hate the old kind of kids playing, you know, where they go outside and drink water from the garden tap. Ugh, those dinosaurs. But I love the new kids, watching TikTok and being disrepectful, love em"

"Oh I hate the old kind of bananas, you know, bendy. Ugh, those dinosaurs. But I love the new EU bananas, they're straight as a die, you gotta laugh"

jobotic

You think he realises that young people will view him in the way that his generation view Manning and Davidson?

That's all he fucking is.

dead-ced-dead

I received some unrelated bad news today. So reading the predictably awful Gervais news and the response from Glinner wallowing in his own shit is really depressing.

I feel defeated, frankly. I'm sorry to any trans and non binary folks who have been affected. I can't imagine how bad this all is for you.

Pimhole

Quote from: jobotic on May 24, 2022, 11:55:17 AMI can only imagine what it's like to be a person on the receiving end of this hateful shit.

I endorse this message.

Quote from: jobotic on May 24, 2022, 12:03:56 PMYou think he realises that young people will view him in the way that his generation view Manning and Davidson?

Exactly what I was thinking.

boki

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 23, 2022, 07:38:52 PMSend me a screengrab of you doing so?! WTF! Just gives out orders. The Glincels have no self-respect, they allow a man to order them about. And they're the ones that pay him!

Fr. Findom Substack

somersetchris

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 24, 2022, 10:24:41 AMOn Netflix firing their diversity staff:

That's incredible isn't it. Point 1 is 'citation needed' and then read point fucking 4. Got any citations for any of that. Total lack of self-awareness.

JamesTC

Ricky Gervais will peak everybody - Glinner in his next journalism

frajer

The fucking notion of encouraging companies to fire employees in recession times should tell all his cult members exactly how he regards them.

It should, but it won't.

idunnosomename

Does he know Ricky? They're both Twitter addicts but in quite different ways. Ricky just blocks people for the mildest criticism while Greybum argued with them for hours

Ex_GC

Quote from: frajer on May 24, 2022, 12:28:55 PMThe fucking notion of encouraging companies to fire employees in recession times should tell all his cult members exactly how he regards them.

It should, but it won't.

For someone who is supposedly so left-wing he's on the side of corporations a lot more than he is on regular people isn't he

Pimhole

Oh I finally watched Everything Everywhere All At Once and BC's bananas reaction to it makes no sense whatsoever. So I reckon in reality he was made very uncomfortable by all the stuff about divorce and then just blamed it on the sunshine moonlight good times butt plugs.

somersetchris

Quote from: frajer on May 24, 2022, 12:28:55 PMThe fucking notion of encouraging companies to fire employees in recession times should tell all his cult members exactly how he regards them.

Yes but they're all wokesters, so it's fine.

Also, a 54-year old man saying 'wokester', fucking hell.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Pimhole on May 24, 2022, 12:41:43 PMOh I finally watched Everything Everywhere All At Once and BC's bananas reaction to it makes no sense whatsoever. So I reckon in reality he was made very uncomfortable by all the stuff about divorce and then just blamed it on the sunshine moonlight good times butt plugs.

That's my feeling too. The plotline around divorce is quite extensive and raw in parts, so I can imagine that touching a nerve.

retsuza

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 24, 2022, 11:54:29 AMI hate emojis and have done for years, but have recently just started to use em, even this one: 😂

It's just quicker at times, and stops a lot of misunderstanding.

That one is fine, I use it as well. It's this one I hate: 🤣
Usually I see it in context of "I'm not mad, I'm actually laughing!!"

idunnosomename

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 24, 2022, 12:29:37 PMDoes he know Ricky? They're both Twitter addicts but in quite different ways. Ricky just blocks people for the mildest criticism while Greybum argued with them for hours
This seems to be the only time Ricky ever indirectly replied to him
https://twitter.com/rickygervais/status/1153679276950065152

Cant search the other way of course

wrec

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on May 24, 2022, 12:46:57 PMThat's my feeling too. The plotline around divorce is quite extensive and raw in parts, so I can imagine that touching a nerve.

If only the idea of divorce had touched a nerve sometime in the couple of years he was being asked to get off the internet for five minutes.

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 24, 2022, 12:13:51 PMExactly what I was thinking.
Me 3.  When your comedy routine is based around bashing minorities, it's kind of hard not to notice the similarities.

Also I'm shocked that a transphobe misrepresented a news story in order to make trans people look bad.  not really, fucking predictable is what it is.

I don't see Gervais going all in on being a transphobic berk as a bad thing.  In fact I see it as a net win for society.  Just need James 'Boozy Panda' Corden next.