Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:51:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkingtons On Cinema podcast

Started by RickyGerbail, November 26, 2011, 11:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

maybe they want her to play that way?

bit disappointed to not hear gregg's thoughts on Bond really

trabuch

Quote from: chveik on October 08, 2021, 12:46:22 AM

bit disappointed to not hear gregg's thoughts on Bond really

I hope he'll insist on giving them at some point. He's not going to let it lie surely.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: chveik on October 08, 2021, 12:46:22 AM

I think so. She's doing it like one of those people who is nervous on camera and plays up to it out of insecurity, occasionally to Tim's irritation. I doubt they would have her back if they didn't think she was working.

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on October 07, 2021, 10:04:03 PM
I remember Kim Delgado in the 3rd(?) Oscar Special trying too hard to be funny

Yeah, that was brutal. Felt bad for him though, it must be hard to grasp what is expected of you in that context unless you are very familiar with it.

QDRPHNC

Captain Z

I believe Toni is also supposed to be perpetually tipsy/drunk, which I'm expecting to tie in with Tim's own struggles with alcohol. After Tim pours champagne for her, she switches to a large glass of red wine that she clearly had already.

Petey Pate

Quote from: Captain Z on October 08, 2021, 03:52:05 PM
I believe Toni is also supposed to be perpetually tipsy/drunk, which I'm expecting to tie in with Tim's own struggles with alcohol. After Tim pours champagne for her, she switches to a large glass of red wine that she clearly had already.

And this is in the context of them trying to have another child...

Agree that Toni Newman is incredibly cringe-worthy but in a good way.

MrMrs

yeah the drinking thing has been heavy handed from her third appearance or so

Big Mclargehuge

2nd episode drops later today. I rewatched the 1st one again just to refresh and noticed at the very end of the episode after Tim tells Toni that they're going to a restaurant Toni says "Will the Boys be there?" sooo...does this mean Toni had Tims Baby (As hinted at in the oscar special) and if so what are the odds of him being called some variation of "Tom Cruise Heidecker?"

Also on twitter this week Greggs made several mentions to the fact that his review of "No Time to Die" WILL be heard. so it looks like that may be a thread for at least a few episodes.

QDRPHNC

Big laugh at Tim saying David Gordon Bleu before correcting himself to David Gordon Green. And Gregg's description of Duel as a "road movie gone wrong" is both completely accurate and wonderfully stupid.

Ferris

Honestly I'm just disappointed that Tim is still hanging around with Axiom and Manuel.

It's about the movies.

QDRPHNC

Ferris

Quote from: QDRPHNC on October 14, 2021, 09:14:35 PM
#NoBondNoBags

Good for Gregg honestly. Tim's lost the plot.

Saw this in the replies that really made me laugh even if I couldn't say why.

Chollis

damn, didn't expect that!
knew that Tim was going to refer to Manuel as 'his rock'.
always a delight to see Gregg's smug face

"and Adam Driver from...."
"Fast and Furious 7"

QDRPHNC

Watching the latest Red Letter Media John Carpenter ranking vid, surprised to find Keith Gordon (star of Christine) is the same Keith Gordon who appeared on the OCOS 5, is the same Keith Gordon who directed the very good Vonnegut adaptation Mother Night.

QDRPHNC

Season 12 Episode 3

Joe: I've wanted to broach the subject of these Hei Points...
Gregg: Is he trying to pay you in those too?

Joe is BACK.
Axiom is OUT.
Kerby is IN (
Spoiler alert
but totally off-limits
[close]
).
Larue is still IN.
Toni is IN (
Spoiler alert
rehab
[close]
).

DKR is now D4 (pronounced like Dekkar, but...D4).

I was surprised when Gregg didn't pipe up after Tim said Wendy can't be
Spoiler alert
sullied
[close]

Possible plot groundwork: Wendy says
Spoiler alert
she's 18 but Tim is going to try to sleep with her
[close]
, right? And Gregg's winning the
Spoiler alert
Pop Secret prize package could really change his schedule for the rest of the year
[close]

Chollis

Quote from: QDRPHNC on October 22, 2021, 01:50:42 PM

I was surprised when Gregg didn't pipe up after Tim said Wendy can't be
Spoiler alert
sullied
[close]

haha yeah I really thought we'd hear a "-starring Tom Hanks" in the background

didn't want that to end, laughed the whole way through. best episode for a while I think, glad they're freshening things up. biggest laugh was
Spoiler alert
Tim transitioning to the RJ's plug when talking about Toni
[close]

Spoiler alert
looks like Tim will be trying to sleep with Wendy, guessing she might sleep with Manuel, or Axiom might be even funnier. Rocky road ahead for D4
[close]

Are people paying for this then, or am I just looking in the wrong places?
I think if it was half the price, I wouldn't blink.

QDRPHNC

I'm paying for it - $55/your is about what I give to RLM on Patreon, I think it's worth it.

DJ Bob Hoskins

QDRPHNC

That was a really good episode, hoping Gregg actually makes his movie. Loved Tim's deduction of Gregg's 5 bag rating for Last Night in Soho.

Chollis

Oh man.
Spoiler alert
Dr. San giving Tim health tips from beyond the grave and MARK! Finally! Really hope they bring him back in this season, he's been sorely missed for too long. Just him waving with his mask off made me laugh

"I've forgiven you for the way you're treating th- disrespecting the way... the way how you've been disrespectful to the show here. I've not forgiven you by the way"
[close]

QDRPHNC

Spoiler alert
MARK IS BACK
[close]
YES.
Spoiler alert
If he actually makes his own show on the Hei Network
[close]
the whole thing will have been worth it.

I love how the absurdity just piles up.
Spoiler alert
Tim has created a hole in his stomach to pump in hot vegetable shakes from a bag strapped to his waist after a brainstorming session with Dr. San in heaven.
[close]

QDRPHNC

QDRPHNC

An Open Letter To Mark Project

Hello mark, I dont know if you happened to have seen our latest episode of the hit TV show On Cinema but it was brought to our attention that you are back in LA, working as a Spiderman actor for what I can only imagine is peanuts. IF that.

I am reaching out to offer assistance and a major opportunity for you if you choose to want to have a better life instead of wearing a halloween costume and begging for spare change on the streets of Hollywood.

You are better than that Mark you have talent beyond belief and you have sugared great tragedy by your terrible caretaker Gregg Turkngton who betrayed you while I am the one who searched far and wife for. Thanks only to God for having found you, as though you are in bad shape, as I can see it would be in YOUR best interest to contract me immediately and learn that I can help you out immediately.

The good news I have a major offer for you to start in the Mark Pork Show! Or whatever you want it to be mark.

I have 250,000 Hei Points waiting for you if you would only reach out

Email me at mailto:PresidentTimHeidecker@heidecker.tv

As SOON as you can. Now mark.

McChesney Duntz

Fuck the MCU. This is the extended universe we all need to get behind.

Chollis

can't turn down two and hundred and fifty THOU can he?