Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:35:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkingtons On Cinema podcast

Started by RickyGerbail, November 26, 2011, 11:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petey Pate

Quote from: ajsmith2 on February 16, 2022, 12:20:36 PMI really don't get Xposed very much. Is the joke that he covers very obvious paranormal events on the most surface level possible and then says 'case closed' after 3 minutes? Not sure it warrants an entire sub series if so.

Part of it is also how all the 're-enactments' feature the same people from the On Cinema world (Joe Estevez, Manuel, Wendy Kerby), as well as its general shoddiness and low budget production. Would definitely prefer to see more of Mark Prosch though.

Quote from: DJ Bob Hoskins on February 16, 2022, 06:43:21 PMI recently rewatched last year's Oscar Special and he's much funnier in that context. E.g: Tim has had him prepare a special report on the carbon monoxide poisoning which is meant to be some big reveal. Not only has he not finished the report in time for the special (much to Tim's chagrin) but when he does reveal it, it's just phone videos of him going to garages and asking staff when happens if you inhale CO. They tell him you'd be poisoned. Ergo: the perpetrator of the CO leak in the previous special attempted to poison people. Case closed.

Also: despite Laroux's responsibility for securing the studio for the 2021 special, Gregg just walks onto the set via an open back door, and again Tim is furious. This sort of shtick is pretty funny IMO, but the Xposed stuff about Bigfoot etc, not so much.

Spoiler alert
Also being caught by Toni when surveilling her, clearly not for the first time, and brushing it off by saying 'that's why I try to stay back away from her'.
[close]

Petey Pate

The whole business with Wendy Kerby was excruciating,
Spoiler alert
especially with the shotgun, which given Tim's history, was definitely loaded
[close]
, it was actually a relief to
Spoiler alert
see her run off, she escaped from having her life ruined by the On Cinema family earlier than others.
[close]

Spoiler alert
Joe Estevez doing his best not to upset Gregg despite being clearly bored out of his mind, as well as skirting around committing to Deck of Cards was pretty funny.
[close]

Stonefish

QDRPHNC

QDRPHNC

Weird coincidence yesterday, I put on the second oscar special for some background noise and the Ukraine thing popped up. Then when Sally Kellerman appeared on it later, I went to Twitter and Tim had just tweeted she died!

Quote from: Chollis on February 25, 2022, 02:16:32 PM

I'm scrutinizing this for meaning... Is it obvious? Am I being thick?

Chollis

Quote from: QDRPHNC on February 25, 2022, 02:29:17 PMI'm scrutinizing this for meaning... Is it obvious? Am I being thick?

haha no! just wanted to post a funny pic after your topical one. (Gregg standing behind the shelf, for the avoidance of doubt)

QDRPHNC

Hah, so he is! Missed it totally. I really want to back and watch season 12 again.

QDRPHNC

One-off tickets are $10, or $8 for monthly subscribers, or free for annual subscribers.

Announcement video.

Big Mclargehuge

welp! im booking a half day at work!

Spoiler alert
A "Dekkar" reunion AND movie expertise!? count me in!
[close]

QDRPHNC

It's a mystery reunion, I don't think we can make any assumptions.

Chollis

Retinend

I can't be sure if it was intentionally done, but the HEI ranch has a basis in fact. The alt right, trumpist ex-standup comedian, now full-time antisemitic conspiracy theorist, Owen Benjamin, now lives in a house adjacent to a ranch, paid for by his cult-like following. Benjamin hasn't launched his own cryptocurrency, a la "HEI points" yet, but it's the type of thing he would do too, and the kind of thing his audience would pay for, judging by how easily he funded the ranch - named "Beartaria".

Here's a timestamped snippet of Benjamin promoting/e-begging for the ranch where his fans would be able to go live in (which he later denied, after raising the money): 

https://youtu.be/VuiTeeU5aEU?t=28804 "Beartaria. (10 hour documentary)"

QDRPHNC

Has it really been almost a year since the last special? Feels like it was about 2 months ago.

Chollis

this new YouTube channel has been uploading funny bits from OC over the last month. Great work and so much stuff I'd forgotten.

this must be Gregg's biggest corpse?!

QDRPHNC

Looks like they're trying to stress-test the HEI servers before the 2022 Oscar Special...

Two Headed Sex Beast

Is HEI Network worth the subscription? And does it have the Decker episodes? I'm slowly working my way through the On Cinema timeline but I've reached the stage where some stuff is region blocked on adult swim.

BritishHobo

I've just reopened my subscription so I can catch up on the latest season in time for the Oscar special. Unfortunately it looks like the website is down for maintenance at the mo, presumably to do with the aforementioned testing of servers.

McChesney Duntz

Quote from: Two Headed Sex Beast on March 17, 2022, 07:26:55 AMIs HEI Network worth the subscription? And does it have the Decker episodes? I'm slowly working my way through the On Cinema timeline but I've reached the stage where some stuff is region blocked on adult swim.

I think it's worth the subscription - they're really trying hard to ensure there's plenty of content you can't get anywhere else - but unfortunately there's no Decker there, as it looks like [as] owns the rights to the character(s)
Spoiler alert
which they're working to get around going forward by making new episodes but changing the character(s)' name(s)!
[close]

QDRPHNC

It's the last day for early bird pricing on the OCOS tickets.

trabuch

This is by a country mile my favourite thing about the Oscers.

MrMrs

Rewatching last year's oscer special, toni is awful. Just trampling over tim in the intro with her high pitched voice. Needs to calm the fuck down

QDRPHNC

Pretty sure Toni is no longer welcome after her explosive revelations about Tim's trial at the end of season 12.

And worse, banging Axiom.

Big Mclargehuge

Quote from: QDRPHNC on March 24, 2022, 03:45:55 PMPretty sure Toni is no longer welcome after her explosive revelations about Tim's trial at the end of season 12.

And worse, banging Axiom.

Hopefully we can finally move away from all this Kramer vs Kramer nonsense and get back to what the show has ALWAYS been about. Talking about GREAT MOVIES!

Petey Pate

The character of Toni seems divisive among On Cinema fans but her apology speech in the penultimate episode of the last season was one of the best things they've ever done.

QDRPHNC

She is a good actor, I think that's why she's so divisive, she's so good at playing this clingy shrill type that many people are repelled by. As well as the apology, she had a few very effective lower-key moments in Mr. America. I think she (as an actor) fit the tone of the show very well, and Toni the character was designed to be grating.

BritishHobo

I've just caught up with the latest season, and that apology speech is fucking great payoff. I know it's been quoted in here already, but her apologising to Gregg, and his detatched "Kramer vs Kramer." response was  my biggest laugh of the season.

I can see why she's divisive, but it's been a great arc, and she's very believable as this bizarre, messed-up person who falls so easily under Tim's toxic spell.

I still have four Best Picture films to watch before Sunday, but I'll be prioritising the Wendy Kirby Valentine Special.

Chollis

10 year anniversary of the first Hobbit film too. Surely it's time for belated Oscar gold!