Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:52:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Photoshop Jalopy - the main event.

Started by ccab, February 24, 2004, 11:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benny J. Fish

Quote from: "Timmay"She's gonna be fucking unbearable now. Bastards.

Just tell her its just sticking pictures on vaguely amusing backgrounds :P

Cerys

Quote from: "Benny J. Fish"
Quote from: "Timmay"She's gonna be fucking unbearable now. Bastards.

Just tell her its just sticking pictures on vaguely amusing backgrounds :P

RIP Timmay....

Spaced Cadet

Sorry, I was unable to vote. But in my absence the voting that was cast was agreable. Well done abbie, and well done to runner up cerys. Both superb efforts.

Hairy Chin

Agreed sir.

Here's to another top tournament in the near-future. <raises bottle of Dr Pepper>

Pythov

YES,
        compared to the laborius Tennis tournaments, this has been a Swift competition.

In the aftermath

The Maninthemiddle, Push out was not great, perhaps because of the rules, perhaps because of the time at the end of a round and perhaps because of apathy.

My initial proposals for the next time we do this kind of competition, would be that every member involved at the start, Must have PM or ICQ etc, as a form of contact by the man in the middle.  No participants are allowed without one of these messaging services enabled.

The man(men(women(woman))) in the middle need to leave a days hiatus for the voting/pushing, to happen.  Perhaps an irc/mirc/ etc would do for discussion.

Members choosing to involve themselves in this comp, must ensure they will be online/contactable once every 48 hours.

These are just a few suggestions, and much more concise/better suggestions will ensure a tighter and faster tourney than the photo tennis ones.

Hairy Chin

I was saying to ccab o'er PM, maybe some of the rules next time should be more specific.

But as a first outing for this contest I think it's been jolly good fun.

Cerys

Indeed it has!  You should be damn proud of yourselves for making it happen.

Hairy Chin

No,no - the contestants should be prouderer! Some absolutely brilliant creations done in such a tight time-frame.

I think the 24-hour hiatus between rounds has a pro and a con going for it as far as I can see. The pros being that everything will be in a more manageable timeframe - deadlines will be fixed at one time, instead of starting at 11:30PM, then moving all over the place. The con though is that the game won't have that sense of urgency and frantic-ness in that as soon as one round finishes, other one starts a few minutes after putting the pressure on contestants.

I'm sure that lessons have been learnt from this, and the rules will be tweaked accordingly...like nipples.

Well done Abbie, and well done everybody else. Rats you stink. I thought the Eastenders one was the best.

My ha'pence:

(i) The 24 hour thing rules out people who go for walks at the weekend, but then again the system (ie: Hairy Chin) coped admirably flexibly with no-shows, late entries and so on. Applause for he of facial adornment.
(ii) 600 x 400 will more than suffice and doesn't stretch the box, as it were.

Funky Gibbon

Next time I hope I can play. Then you'll see, oh yes.

ccab

Quote from: "Hairy Chin"No,no - the contestants should be prouderer! Some absolutely brilliant creations done in such a tight time-frame.

I think the 24-hour hiatus between rounds has a pro and a con going for it as far as I can see. ..The con though is that the game won't have that sense of urgency and frantic-ness in that as soon as one round finishes, other one starts a few minutes after putting the pressure on contestants.

hear! hear! spot on. I think the one thing that would be welcome next time we have one of these things is more competitors - I can think of at least 2 or 3 forum heavyweights who skived this - poison popcorn, horsegun & fanny - who it would be nice to see rolling up their sleeves & joining in. Another thing that would be nice would be more rabid impatient schadenfreude in the eliminators. Also, I think Splattermac's right about the image selection - it was a mistake for me to limit it's selection to mongs from the previous round (too eager to tennisify it, I fear).

Anyway - congratulations Abbie - this makes you our grand slam winner & undisputed heavyweight of photoshop. (not that you're heavy in weight) (or that you've been grandly slamming) (although I don't mean either that you couldn't slam grandly if you wanted to) (perhaps you enjoy it) (why shouldn't you?) (fair play to you if you are is what i say!)

(think i'd better chuck the spade...)

Hairy Chin

Spaced Cadet

So when can we have another go.....????

fanny splendid

ccab

Quote from: "Hairy Chin"Present for you, ccab.

it's Cerys' digger!

cheers HC. very thoughtful - I have a feeling it's in for plenty of use.

Hairy Chin

I was going to lend you this one

But those floozies just confuse things - you start shouting "Stop posing - get away from the backhoe!" and they start going on and on about how you shouldn't call them hoes, it's degrading to women, and then you try explaining what you actually meant, and they say they're having none of your excuses...really, it's just not worth the bother to have that particular JCB.

In fact, JCB was started by this fella:

Mr. Joseph Cyril Bamford

Cerys

Quote from: "ccab"it's Cerys' digger!

... huh?  Unless you're referring to the photo of that massive buoy, you've lost me....

Cerys

I've just uploaded Round One, Round Two and some of Round Three to the archive ... and run to the limit of my upload quota.  Would anyone else care to do the rest?

Cerys

It's okay - Neil sorted it out for me.  The whole game should now be up there, apart from Rats' stuff, and any other Flash pieces.  If I've missed anything out, give me a gentle prod and I'll get thumbnailing again.