Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:42:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The worst responses to the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 17, 2020, 11:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beanheadmcginty

It'll be because they've taken shit loads of various illegal drugs over the years but always kept the thought in the back of their mind that they're not truly a "druggie" because they don't touch needles. This constant anti-needle mantra that has successfully kept them off the brown stuff has had the unfortunate side effect of making them terrified of all injections and so they have to try and justify it to themselves by becoming anti-vaxx.

Kankurette

MN Trolls has an anti-mask dickhead claiming the jab doesn't work because COVID numbers are at their highest. And Johnson is a liar. Even though I'm pretty sure the COVID stats aren't coming from him but whatevs.

Fambo Number Mive

I find it interesting how the Tories only seem to have a problem with anyone raising concerns about how those in charge are handling the pandemic in England. I do wonder why no one in the opposition parties says "well, you don't seem to mind the Tories being critical of the governing party in Scotland and Wales" when Johnson goes on about "playing politics" and talking nonsense like "they jabber, we jab" - which doesn't make sense because it wouldn't be possible for the opposition to make sure more vaccinations are being rolled out. No doubt the public fall for it though.

olliebean

I hate that bloody "playing politics" accusation. Any criticism by Labour of anything the Tories are doing is dismissed as "playing politics," as though no-one with non-political motives could possibly find anything to criticise. (Not to mention that for the opposition party to criticise the government is not so much playing politics as doing their fucking job.)

Kankurette

All the people going the anti-vaccine passport protest tomorrow because they don't want their freedoms taken away. Where were they when the government voted to strip people of their citizenship? Are they not angry about that? Because, for me, that is even more disturbing than vaccine passports.

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: Kankurette on December 18, 2021, 12:53:43 AMAll the people going the anti-vaccine passport protest tomorrow because they don't want their freedoms taken away. Where were they when the government voted to strip people of their citizenship? Are they not angry about that? Because, for me, that is even more disturbing than vaccine passports.

That's how you tell what is state sponsored unrest and what isn't.

Kankurette

That and presumably thinking that loss of citizenship won't apply to them because they're not horrible foreign types they obey the law.

jobotic

buttgammon

Quote from: jobotic on December 18, 2021, 04:01:19 PMGillian McKeith's there.

To be fair, if I was really into analysing shit, I'd go to a libertarian stupidity carnival too.

Klara Sjoberg

Fambo Number Mive

The people in the picture in this article:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-12-20/san-diego-unified-covid-vaccine-mandate-struck-down

"Pro-smiles". Yes, I'm sure that not having school children in San Diego wear masks and therefore increase the spread of covid will really increase the number of smiles.

If wearing a mask really impeded the breathing of children wearing them, I'm fairly sure children would have been fainting in class. Which hasn't been reported anywhere.

buttgammon

"Pro-smiles" - yuck! It's obviously not the worst thing about these people but the infantile language of anti-vaxxers and the anti-restrictions really grates on me. There's such a manipulativeness to it and also the assumption that their audience are idiots.

Their cutesy cartoons make me feel sick too. The worst one depicts two very naive-looking cartoon children and compares children wearing masks to child abuse. Considering most of the people pushing this shit in this country have consistently supported the overreaching power of a church that has been complicit in the widespread sexual abuse of children here for many years, it's beyond disgusting.

Kankurette

You can still tell if a person is smiling if they have a mask on. Look at their eyes.

Zetetic

Pretty sure I've adopted a very broad grin  to communicate better when masked. Shame it's creepy af when maskless, but too late now.

Dex Sawash

Is it readable when someone is doing lickybum face while masked?

Fambo Number Mive

Dex Sawash

Nice one fambo, my ill considered HAHASEXUALASSAULT "joke" won't be locked for eternity as the last post in this thread.