Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:08:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

No More Jockeys

Started by DrGreggles, June 19, 2020, 09:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cacciaguida

Quote from: StewartLeehaslethimselfgo on July 19, 2020, 05:58:08 PM
Key is brilliant isnt he?

That bit where he gets a stock photo up of someone smoking ''Whos that?'' ''Dunno''

I remember an interview with Alex Horne where he explained how he met Tim Key, chatted with him for a bit, then realised that he was the funniest man alive. Hard pressed to disagree.

Ja'moke

How big was your pizza?

Another fantastic episode. I hope these never stop.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Ja'moke on July 24, 2020, 12:59:22 PM
How big was your pizza?

You see, I'd have immediately gone for the circular gesture too.

QuoteAnother fantastic episode. I hope these never stop.

Best show (not) on telly at the moment.

Ja'moke

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 25, 2020, 12:05:29 AM
You see, I'd have immediately gone for the circular gesture too.

He didn't start with the circular gesture, though, he started with his hands in some sort of diagonal position, which made it all the more funnier.

cacciaguida

Quote from: Ja'moke on July 25, 2020, 01:43:55 AM
He didn't start with the circular gesture, though, he started with his hands in some sort of diagonal position, which made it all the more funnier.

It was like a pizza drawn by Pablo Picasso or something.

Hilarious.

Horne absolutely spot on with his appraisal that Watson would be the one man in the world guaranteed not to do a regulation shape with his hands.

Another corker of a show that keeps getting better and better.

easytarget

This is fucking great

(and kinda fun to play with my ridiculous friends)

After watching - and loving - two of these, I wondered it'd be as good half a dozen episodes in. I needn't have worried. Proper belly laughs throughout every one of 'em.

I love seeing a very giddy Key - something you don't get with his on stage persona.

Ja'moke

The three of them play off each other so well.

After the first one, I was thinking, 'I hope they keep Horne and Key but rotate the third spot'. Not that I hate Mark Watson, but he was the one I was least excited about. But the dynamic wouldn't be the same without him. So I'm glad it's the same line-up each week.

Not sure why but I love the fact that Alex Horne is always in a suit.

Quote from: Ja'moke on July 25, 2020, 12:16:56 PM
The three of them play off each other so well.

After the first one, I was thinking, 'I hope they keep Horne and Key but rotate the third spot'. Not that I hate Mark Watson, but he was the one I was least excited about. But the dynamic wouldn't be the same without him. So I'm glad it's the same line-up each week.

Yeh I'm not keen on Watson but he does compliment the others quite well.

Loved the eye drops/telescope bit.

Quote from: Ja'moke on July 25, 2020, 12:16:56 PM
Not that I hate Mark Watson, but he was the one I was least excited about.

Not a crit.

jsgibble

Mark Watson doesn't bother me at all really

Sin Agog

He reminds me of my mate Matt, who's also a smart, gangly space cadet.  Matt's probably a little funnier, though.

https://showandtelluk.inplayer.com/

Tim Key and Tom Basden dust off the double act tonight at 8pm, should be good.

buntyman

I'd've liked to have seen this but the time didn't suit. I hope it's put up on the on demand part of the site.

Famous Mortimer

I just started watching this and it's fantastic. If you were waiting for my opinion before starting.

Ja'moke

jsgibble

There was something about the way he said "You both studied this weird IT?" that I really loved

DrGreggles

Spoiler alert
"You look like MATT Hancock"
[close]
Great already.

Ja'moke

Quote from: jsgibble on July 31, 2020, 12:50:02 PM
There was something about the way he said "You both studied this weird IT?" that I really loved

I'm surprised none of them pointed out that Penelope also has PE in it... twice.

DrGreggles

Gregory Torso

This has become the highlight of my week for the last month or so. They've got such a great rapport and are all so likeable, I could watch them talking shite for hours.

DrGreggles

Ja'moke

Sin Agog

Just watched the short.  T'was a cafe he imagined looked like a prison.  Even if the clientele were crappy tippers, that still doesn't count.  Horne should be in the nick for robbing Key.

DrGreggles

Could easily have been jail rather than prison...

Famous Mortimer

I'm up to episode 7, and it's bloody wonderful.

wooders1978

Did mark watson used to do his standup in a welsh accent or am I going fucking mental?

cacciaguida

Yep, he's spoken about how he used to put on or at least massively accentuate a welsh tone in his early days of standup.

He describes it as a tactic used to distance his onstage persona from his real life. Different voices, different people - I suppose.

I think he also accepts it was a bit of an artificial lens through which he can perform standup in a 'Welsh voice is inherently funny' kind of way.

But mainly it was the first point, I think.