Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:30:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris and Transformnow.co.uk

Started by muddybug, September 02, 2020, 09:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muddybug

thenoise

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Is he researching a film about snake oil exercise drugs?

the

Well he certainly appears to be taking the piss out of them. But then so is the doctor.

Glebe

The Man Morris is 55 today according to IMDb.

EBGB

Nope.  That's the date from the Christopher Morris obituary he self-published a while back, IIRC around the time of Brass Eye.

Wrt this video, I'm fascinated to know if he knew it was going online.  For a man who doesn't put himself about in public, it'd be a strange change in behaviour.

muddybug

From Disgusting Bliss, "He would regularly hold meetings in coffee bars or restaurants, sushi being a favourite, and he was often on health kicks."

the

Quote from: EBGB on September 05, 2020, 06:16:14 AMFor a man who doesn't put himself about in public,

That's no longer true though really. Since he started making feature films he's done loads of Q&As and interviews, podcast appearances, and the odd pop-up in places like C4 News. He's not as absent as he used to be.

Glebe

Quote from: EBGB on September 05, 2020, 06:16:14 AMNope.  That's the date from the Christopher Morris obituary he self-published a while back, IIRC around the time of Brass Eye.

Ah right.

Spiral King

Is someone wanking off behind the camera? I mean, there are worse things to wank to than Morris indulging a peculiar man, but still.

EBGB

Quote from: the on September 05, 2020, 11:40:54 AM
That's no longer true though really. Since he started making feature films he's done loads of Q&As and interviews, podcast appearances, and the odd pop-up in places like C4 News. He's not as absent as he used to be.
That's publicising the work, though.  His investors pretty much require that, and I'm sure they'd like more than he does.  Other than that, the only non-publicity thing I can think of him doing in the last ten years or so was talking / writing about Jonathan Whitehead after his recent death.  And commemorating a good friend really doesn't count as putting yourself about.

the

Well if you wish to define it according to some strict parameters that you're in charge of - I was just comparing the amount of public appearances he's done since 2010 (must be in the hundreds) with the ones he did before that (I can think of about 2 or 3).

sambwel

Quote from: the on September 06, 2020, 05:31:51 PM
Well if you wish to define it according to some strict parameters that you're in charge of - I was just comparing the amount of public appearances he's done since 2010 (must be in the hundreds) with the ones he did before that (I can think of about 2 or 3).

I think you'll find that is indeed a function of film financing agreements more than a sudden change of heart.

the

*sigh* That doesn't make anything I said inaccurate.

Nowadays he appears and does interviews and podcasts, talks about himself and his work (not just his films), opens himself up to questions at public Q&As. Whereas once he did not (except for the occasional thing in print).

Listen to him on the Adam Buxton podcast, how open and discussive about himself he is, describing having a colonoscopy camera up his anus. That's totally at odds with his absent 'secretive media assassin' aura that persisted in the 90s/00s. I was merely asserting that that perception of him is not very accurate anymore.

NoSleep

There's an actual transformnow.co.uk which features the other guy in the video.

sambwel

Quote from: the on September 10, 2020, 10:29:05 AM
Listen to him on the Adam Buxton podcast, how open and discussive about himself he is, describing having a colonoscopy camera up his anus. That's totally at odds with his absent 'secretive media assassin' aura that persisted in the 90s/00s. I was merely asserting that that perception of him is not very accurate anymore.

I'll cop to not having listened to that (wasn't even aware of it, but I'm not very plugged into the world of podcasts). I suppose I will have to check it out. Thanks! Anyway it appears we don't disagree. How boring.

the

Quote from: sambwel on September 10, 2020, 01:47:31 PMI'll cop to not having listened to that (wasn't even aware of it, but I'm not very plugged into the world of podcasts). I suppose I will have to check it out.

They're excellent chats, and luckily there are two episodes due to a recording mishap which was then salvaged.

Ep.104 - Chris Morris 1
      Ep.105 - Chris Morris 2

... Anyway - snake oil exercise drugs then

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: NoSleep on September 10, 2020, 10:49:32 AM
There's an actual transformnow.co.uk which features the other guy in the video.

I would very much appreciate it if CM turned up to promote his next project looking like one of these: https://transformnow.co.uk/about-us/clients/

Menu

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on September 16, 2020, 01:39:18 AM
I would very much appreciate it if CM turned up to promote his next project looking like one of these: https://transformnow.co.uk/about-us/clients/

Does anyone have a proper theory about what Chris is doing with these people? It's a bit rum.

Bronzy

Quote from: Menu on September 16, 2020, 02:44:38 AM
Does anyone have a proper theory about what Chris is doing with these people? It's a bit rum.

complimentary penis pump

muddybug

Quote from: Menu on September 16, 2020, 02:44:38 AM

Chris mentioned hormones in the video so I'm guessing TRT? He's pushing 60 so it wouldn't be that strange, but who knows.

the

Quote from: Menu on September 16, 2020, 02:44:38 AMDoes anyone have a proper theory about what Chris is doing with these people? It's a bit rum.

Well any theory from someone who doesn't know him and his intentions is just going to be rampant conjecture, CaB reader or otherwise. But it's worth considering that a clip of him chatting and joking with a representative doesn't therefore mean that he is endorsing or participating in their services. He didn't say anything that lends their service credibility, and he didn't publish the clip.

Menu

Quote from: the on September 16, 2020, 03:30:21 PM
Well any theory from someone who doesn't know him and his intentions is just going to be rampant conjecture, CaB reader or otherwise. But it's worth considering that a clip of him chatting and joking with a representative doesn't therefore mean that he is endorsing or participating in their services. He didn't say anything that lends their service credibility, and he didn't publish the clip.

Are you implying he's having a homosexual affair?

Braintree

I am worried about his lovely curls if he is taking additional testosterone. It would be apt for him to go bald like the rest of us* have.

*I mean, I have great hair but I am a lady with possibly too much testosterone so...