Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:53:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

020210us Th1ngs

Started by touchingcloth, January 06, 2021, 06:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This thread title...

...is a gobsmack conveyed
...decrees that your dad will ejaculate but once through his human male penis, and be gone
...cinderella's tits.  just her absolute fucking tits
I BET YOU DO DO-DO YOU DOODLE OLD DOOBEN I BET YOU DOOBY DO
...is renowned for rotisserying a robot grief dog within its own grave
wap wap Wap Wap WApWApWAPWWAPWAPWAPWAP
BATON DAVID
OTHER

Replies From View

Quote from: kalowski on December 24, 2021, 08:48:31 AMI realised this watching Ghosts last night.

Did you know that the boy's name "Pipes" comes from "Philipipes".

touchingcloth

Most of Hong Kong is not on an island.

Ferris

The Beegees aren't American.

Cold Meat Platter

Mikka Hakkinen is not from Hong Kong

Mister Six

The line in "Deck the Halls" talks about "our gay apparel" and not "our day of peril".

It did seem odd, for a Christmas song.

Replies From View

Quote from: Mister Six on December 25, 2021, 04:21:30 AMThe line in "Deck the Halls" talks about "our gay apparel" and not "our day of peril".

This one should have been in spoiler tags.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Mister Six on December 25, 2021, 04:21:30 AMThe line in "Deck the Halls" talks about "our gay apparel" and not "our day of peril".

When I hear that song I imagine leather chaps with the arse cut out.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on December 25, 2021, 01:16:12 PMWhen I hear that song I imagine leather chaps with the arse cut out.

Yeah but you also do that to every other Christmas song.

Replies From View

while shepherds watch their flocks by night
all seated with leather chaps with the arses cut out

touchingcloth

There's no hot air balloon in Around the World in 80 Days.

jenna appleseed

^ WILLY FOG (AND SOME OF THE FILM ADAPTIONS) LIED!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!

Dex Sawash

Isn't it usually a gas* balloon?

*Hydrogen/helium/other

Cerys

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on December 24, 2021, 12:35:46 AMThe perennially funny (for the puerile) women's name 'Fanny' is short for Stephanie (or Epifania/Epiphania but that's not so obvious).

Or Frances.  That's what I've believed for years, and I refuse to be proved wrong, dammit.

Icehaven

The name of the vape shop in Newcastle-under-Lyme, A Fistful of Vapes, is not a play on a fistful of apes, because a fistful of apes isn't a thing.

touchingcloth

I love that Larry David film, Sour Apes.

Replies From View

Quote from: icehaven on December 28, 2021, 05:14:53 PMThe name of the vape shop in Newcastle-under-Lyme, A Fistful of Vapes, is not a play on a fistful of apes, because a fistful of apes isn't a thing.

How many apes would make a fistful?

touchingcloth

I watched that Spencer film about her who married Didi Fayed, and there was a scene where they went on "a shoot". I've never seen what those things involve before, and I was surprised to learn it revolves around some people chasing some pheasants basically right into the barrels of the guns. I'd always assumed it would involve challenges of skills such as aiming.

Paul Calf

Nah. Lazy, bloodthirsty cunts.

seepage

IIRC there was a bit that shocked me in a Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall prog where he had trouble with pheasants or similar on his roof, and rather than solve the issue another way, used that as an excuse to invite a local landed gentry and his wife 'round to shotgun the birds to dust at point blank range.     

touchingcloth

I've seen more challenging fairground shooting galleries.

Quote from: seepage on December 29, 2021, 02:20:52 PMIIRC there was a bit that shocked me in a Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall prog where he had trouble with peasants or similar on his roof, and rather than solve the issue another way, used that as an excuse to invite a local landed gentry and his wife 'round to shotgun the birds to dust at point blank range.     

FTFY

Icehaven

Quote from: seepage on December 29, 2021, 02:20:52 PMIIRC there was a bit that shocked me in a Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall prog where he had trouble with pheasants or similar on his roof, and rather than solve the issue another way, used that as an excuse to invite a local landed gentry and his wife 'round to shotgun the birds to dust at point blank range.     

How is having pheasants on your roof even any trouble? Were they dropping fag ends and catcalling his wife or something?

seepage

Maybe they were damaging the thatch, or they were wood pigeons instead and Hugh was fed up with their row. Do pheasants make much noise? Anyway it was just a pretence so that Hugh had some gamebirds to cook supper for Mr & Mrs Shotgun Bastard.

If I remember the episode correctly they were pigeons not pheasants and were congregating on this bloke's roof in large number and making wanker signs at visitors. So Hugh killed them and put them in a Moroccan-style pie with icing sugar and cinnamon. We've all done it.

touchingcloth

You can highlight text when writing a post and hit ctrl+b to make it bold or ctrl+i to make it italic or ctrl+u to make it underlined, just like you can in most text editing software. Has it always been this way, or is that part of the new theme?

phantom_power

I think it is new, just like how you can now highlight some text on someone's post and an option appears to quote only the selected text

Hex Triplet

Nah, it's been like that for ages, I think. You can't do it when you use 'quick edit' though if you want to edit a post, which is annoying.

Or I can't anyway (on laptop), have to go into Modify to do this.

My 020210us thing for the day: we can finally retire this dreadfully-named thread, and replace it with a new "Obvi2022 things" thread for the new year.

touchingcloth