Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,314
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:23:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

020210us Th1ngs

Started by touchingcloth, January 06, 2021, 06:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This thread title...

...is a gobsmack conveyed
...decrees that your dad will ejaculate but once through his human male penis, and be gone
...cinderella's tits.  just her absolute fucking tits
I BET YOU DO DO-DO YOU DOODLE OLD DOOBEN I BET YOU DOOBY DO
...is renowned for rotisserying a robot grief dog within its own grave
wap wap Wap Wap WApWApWAPWWAPWAPWAPWAP
BATON DAVID
OTHER

Replies From View

Quote from: Darles Chickens on January 04, 2022, 11:47:59 AMMy 020210us thing for the day: we can finally retire this dreadfully-named thread, and replace it with a new "Obvi2022 things" thread for the new year.

Not until you're twelve, son

Paul Calf

JesusAndYourBush

I always see it as odious despite knowing what it's supposed to be.

touchingcloth

I see this thread title as my legacy to the forum.

Replies From View

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 05, 2022, 11:20:20 PMI see this thread title as my legacy to the forum.

Yes you took on a previous idea very nicely, well done.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Replies From View on January 05, 2022, 11:22:19 PMYes you took on a previous idea very nicely, well done.

I did, didn't I? I think I deserve the medal I was given.

Sonny_Jim

Apple's Safari web browser is named after the beach boys album 'Surfin Safari'

Replies From View

I thought it was named after the expensive gemstone restaurant 'Servin Sapphires'

NoSleep

Perhaps = by luck. Per = "by", hap as in "hapless" (meaning luckless).

Replies From View

Purview = prime location on the stairwell to see into every room of the house

Pay per view = the same, except it gets soggy in the rain

studpuppet

Listening to The Princess Bride on BBC Sounds, and it's only just struck me that the two fictional countries, Florin and Guilder, are both named after coins.

Sonny_Jim

Toddler, because they 'toddle' when they walk.

Replies From View

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on January 07, 2022, 06:20:15 AMToddler, because they 'toddle' when they walk.

Yeah but where did the word 'toddle' come from.  I bet there's an ontological paradox at play here.

olliebean

Quote from: Replies From View on January 07, 2022, 08:57:48 AMYeah but where did the word 'toddle' come from.  I bet there's an ontological paradox at play here.

It's a portmanteau of 'totter' and 'waddle'.

Paul Calf

Quote from: studpuppet on January 06, 2022, 10:22:21 PMListening to The Princess Bride on BBC Sounds, and it's only just struck me that the two fictional countries, Florin and Guilder, are both named after coins.

Both (former) Dutch currency names too.

studpuppet

Quote from: olliebean on January 07, 2022, 09:04:05 AMIt's a portmanteau of 'totter' and 'waddle'.

No, that's twaddle.

studpuppet

Quote from: Paul Calf on January 07, 2022, 09:29:49 AMBoth (former) Dutch currency names too.

True, but my guess is he was thinking about two old-fashioned seafaring nations separated by sea, and I'm old enough to have paid for sweets using a Florin.

Replies From View

Quote from: studpuppet on January 07, 2022, 09:39:59 AMTrue, but my guess is he was thinking about two old-fashioned seafaring nations separated by sea, and I'm old enough to have paid for sweets using a Florin.

Today's boasts were brought to you by Jimmy Savile.

olliebean

Quote from: studpuppet on January 07, 2022, 09:32:46 AMNo, that's twaddle.

Twaddle is a portmanteau of twiddle and tattle.

And pre-emptively: twiddle is a portmanteau of twitch and fiddle.

Paul Calf

Twitch is a portmanteau of twat and bitch.

JesusAndYourBush

Twitter is a portmanteau of twat and shitter.

studpuppet

Quote from: olliebean on January 07, 2022, 10:49:26 AMTwaddle

Was also the original band name of Glenn & Chris, until they realised it wasn't clear which one of them was the twat.

touchingcloth

Ovaries aren't like two little eggs in the toes of the stockings that are the Fallopian tubes. The tubes are more like leggings without a closed toe, and the ovaries spunk their eggs out into the general abdominal cavity with some hairy fimbriae at the end of the tubes encouraging them wombwards.

Helvetica Scenario

Budgies are small parrots.

Sonny_Jim

Budget parrot = Budgie?

NoSleep

A budget parrot about the size of a large cigar.

touchingcloth

I saw this post in the Duke of Peodos thread:

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on January 13, 2022, 12:21:32 AMHe would be perfect for the fifth test at the blundstone arena

I've never heard of the blundstone arena, but "fifth test" sounds like a cricket.

I'm aware of the Picture Box thread called something like "Nooo! All crickets are peodos!", but I can't remember any specific stories about nonce cricketers, I can't be arsed reading through a thread about cricket to find out which ones are nonce cricketers, and I'm definitely not keen on googling for information about nonce cricketers.

So what's the deal? Which ones are the nonces?

Paul Calf

The 'DEW' in 'TULLAMORE DEW' is an acronym - D.E.W - after the name of the distillery's general manager Daniel E. Williams who was in the position during a period of major expansion.

Sounds like one of those backronyms that turn out to be a load of bollocks but is actually true. If you look closely at the bottle , you can see the abbreviation points.

touchingcloth

Charlotte's Web is a children's book about a spider who befriends a pig, and not about the horrors of the Nazi death camps. For some reason I'd got it into my head that web is to Charlotte as list is to Schindler.

gabrielconroy

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 14, 2022, 09:14:19 AMCharlotte's Web is a children's book about a spider who befriends a pig, and not about the horrors of the Nazi death camps. For some reason I'd got it into my head that web is to Charlotte as list is to Schindler.

I had the same misconception for quite a long time, too. I think it's something to do with a sort of Sophie's Choice/Jacob's Ladder mash-up.