Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:34:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Post-Brexit fallout - we can't have our cake or eat it

Started by Fambo Number Mive, January 08, 2021, 09:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dissolute ocelot

Guardian reporting a shortage of a key ingredient in fake tan. Doesn't explicitly blame Brexit, maybe because that's another case where support for Brexit would increase.

Having seen the comments on Benny Hill videos on YouTube I can confirm that, yes, the gammon wish that women were more like they were in the good old days.

That means no fake tan, cosmetic surgery, tattoos, being overweight (as there weren't any fat women in the past, presumably), unnaturally coloured hair or independent thought that challenges the patriarchy in any way.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on November 05, 2021, 12:27:41 PM
as there weren't any fat women in the past, presumably

There were, but they were all Bella Emberg or the Roly-polys so that's okay.

bgmnts

So a face full of makeup and a hair full of spray is okay but fake tan is too much for the gammon libido?

Would be refreshing if these cunts could just be honest about everything and say "I wish I was young again so I didnt have to worry about anything or think about bad things I thought and did in the past and had all my hair and could fit into my 28 inch waist trousers.".

Uncle TechTip

Steady, i think that too, don't tar us all with the same brush. Well, the bit about fitting into trousers.

Video Game Fan 2000

Cuellar

katzenjammer

https://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-britain-european-union-eu-learned/

QuoteAs 2022 gets underway, Britain is marking its first year fully outside of the European Union. POLITICO asked politicians, diplomats and experts on both sides of the Channel to offer their take on what Brexit's taught them.

QuoteMatthew Elliott was chief executive of the Vote Leave campaign.

One thing alone made Brexit worthwhile in 2021 — the vaccine rollout. The U.K. led the way in Europe in getting people jabbed, enabling the government to lift coronavirus restrictions far sooner than any country in the European Union. 

He can only come up with one thing and even that is a lie. The UK was quicker to approve a vaccine but could have done the same thing as an EU member, it was not due to Brexit.

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/blog/covid-vaccine-decisions-brexit

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteUK steel companies have been operating at a significant disadvantage compared to their European rivals since the beginning of 2022.

The EU has done a deal with the US, which took effect on 1 January, to allow companies to export steel to the US again without any tariffs.

The UK is yet to reach a similar agreement though it is hoping for more talks with America this month.

It means British companies still face a 25% tariff on exports to the US...

Still, I'm sure the effect will be balanced out by being able to give "two fingers to Brussels" as Edwina Currie says.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59857275

Fambo Number Mive

Fambo Number Mive

Lorries stuck in queues for days around Dover, some for days.