Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:18:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Crisps [split topic]

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, January 22, 2021, 11:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

Blumf

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 06, 2022, 07:12:16 PM'green onion' flavour Cheetos

Were they the proper Nik-Nak style Cheetos, or the crappy Wotsit style?

Replies From View

They are called Multiverse Shops

Das Reboot

Quote from: shoulders on February 06, 2022, 07:10:06 PMLook, you own Heron, you make the decisions. Own it.

*sobs into molten tangy orange filth encrusted hands*

the science eel

What is the future of crisps, do you think?

There seemed to be a NEW GENERATION change about 15 years ago with all this 'dried corbundo and seaweed flavour' shite but I think marketers either couldn't think of anything new or they realised the majority just want a bag of salt and vinegar (or Worcester sauce as a TREAT)

or both

Maybe they'll bring back that salt 'n' shake thing - again, like they did in the 80s. Or those old Tudor crisps flavours might come back - like lamb and mint, or hot dog and ketchup. But I suppose Walkers have got that all tied up with those seasonal varieties.

Glebe

Quote from: the science eel on February 07, 2022, 10:22:07 AMWhat is the future of crisps, do you think?

There seemed to be a NEW GENERATION change about 15 years ago with all this 'dried corbundo and seaweed flavour' shite but I think marketers either couldn't think of anything new or they realised the majority just want a bag of salt and vinegar (or Worcester sauce as a TREAT)

or both

Maybe they'll bring back that salt 'n' shake thing - again, like they did in the 80s. Or those old Tudor crisps flavours might come back - like lamb and mint, or hot dog and ketchup. But I suppose Walkers have got that all tied up with those seasonal varieties.

"These are all interesting crisp suggestions - but let's be careful not to break obscenity laws!"

shoulders

We've had Boxing Day Shit flavour (Mackies) so where do you go from there. Loving Life flavour? Sinking of Belgrano flavour? Ape flavour?

Blumf

Quote from: shoulders on February 07, 2022, 12:49:16 PMWe've had Boxing Day Shit flavour (Mackies) so where do you go from there. Loving Life flavour? Sinking of Belgrano flavour? Ape flavour?

Funfair Nostalgia

Malcy

Co-Op have some seaweed crisps in at the moment. I tried the Peking Duck ones recently when I was making a Chinese and they were lovely. Haven't tried the other flavours though.

Sebastian Cobb

it kind of annoys me the tesco garage near me puts the prawn crackers in the general Chinese bit of the 'world foods' aisle rather than the crisps because quite often I reckon I'd go for them if I remembered they existed.

Glebe

Das Reboot

Quote from: Das Reboot on February 06, 2022, 03:41:54 PM

I'm not proud of myself, but my local Heron Foods has got these on sale for 39p a pop.

Now not only 39p a pop, but also four for a quid. My skin will have permanently turned orange by the end of this week day sentence.

pancreas

Quote from: Malcy on February 07, 2022, 06:33:53 PMCo-Op have some seaweed crisps in at the moment. I tried the Peking Duck ones recently when I was making a Chinese and they were lovely. Haven't tried the other flavours though.

I like these, available in all good oriental supermarkets.

The problem is that a packet lasts about 20 seconds. You can't see my hands, they're moving so fast.

H-O-W-L

Yeah dried seaweed owns fuckin' bones and I wish it was more common. Great source of nutrients too iirc.

seepage

I feel we're crossing over into jerky territory now.

imitationleather

The jerky territory called... They've run out of you!

Das Reboot

Quote from: H-O-W-L on February 08, 2022, 02:27:45 PMGreat source of nutrients too iirc.

We'll have none of that in this thread, thank you very much.

Now, let's bring back those Walkers Worcester sauce crisps that could give you cancer.

Fr.Bigley

Just popped into home bargains for painkillers and noticed they were trying to get rid of mackies boxing day curry/shit flavour. £1.50- sounds like a lot for crisps in a discount store until you consider the fact you get HALF A KILO of the bastards. 500grams of crisps....blew my mind.

seepage

Partner's reaction to this news was: "you fucking cunt, why didn't you tell me sooner - get down there NOW". Pure class as usual.

Glebe

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on February 08, 2022, 04:19:30 PMJust popped into home bargains for painkillers and noticed they were trying to get rid of mackies boxing day curry/shit flavour. £1.50- sounds like a lot for crisps in a discount store until you consider the fact you get HALF A KILO of the bastards. 500grams of crisps....blew my mind.

Now for a feast! Sloo!

Das Reboot

Quote from: Das Reboot on February 06, 2022, 03:41:54 PM

I'm not proud of myself, but my local Heron Foods has got these on sale for 39p a pop.

Now reduced to 10p. Pure filth.

Replies From View

Does anyone put salt on cornflakes and sell them as crisps?  Sounds obvious.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Replies From View on February 12, 2022, 06:28:54 PMDoes anyone put salt on cornflakes and sell them as crisps?  Sounds obvious.

Cunts put cornflakes on chicken and call them nuggets.

I tried the dorito chicken on holiday and strangely wasn't put off, even though tortilla chips are essentially corn flakes covered in hot sexy powder.

Replies From View

has there ever been a crisp that if you eat it you can only hear the soundtrack for the dark knight rises for the rest of your life

Fr.Bigley

Fr.Bigley

And if you want run of the mill plain boring smug flavour.

Crisp Martins.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on February 12, 2022, 06:39:36 PMCunts put cornflakes on chicken and call them nuggets.

I tried the dorito chicken on holiday and strangely wasn't put off, even though tortilla chips are essentially corn flakes covered in hot sexy powder.

and yet the rice-krispy like stuff they put on them birdseye chicken burgers ain't bad.

Blumf

Waitrose Golden Graham Coated Chicken Nuggets

Malcy

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 12, 2022, 07:48:05 PMand yet the rice-krispy like stuff they put on them birdseye chicken burgers ain't bad.

It's better than the meat. Ages since I've had one and now right in the mood.