Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:34:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Crisps [split topic]

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, January 22, 2021, 11:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

Something more trusty like an apron or tabard would be better than the Union Jack, but then so would an actual piece of shit

Cold Meat Platter

Another possible option for Brannigan's beef and mustard fans:

Not as strong mustard-wise as the Brannigan's but pleasant nonetheless. Vegan version also available apparently as these contain, ahem, 'wagyu beef powder'.

Farmfoods, 2 quid.

beanheadmcginty

Savoursmiths was co-founded by a weath fund manager and his supermodel wife. I shit you not.

shoulders

Looks exactly what a cunt would create if you made them do a Crisps

Clownbaby

I really like Smith's scampi fries at the moment, but fucking hell, they're so inconsistent. I'll get the multipack of them with the bacon rashers in as well, and from packet to packet, they'll be a slightly different level of freshness. They'll always taste fine, but one bagful will be nice and crunchy, the next one will be a bit softer etc etc.

Same level of inconsistency with XL cheese crisps. The post office near me sells a bag of 5 packets, and from packet to packet they'll have a completely different level of flavouring on them. Pain in the arse.

shoulders

My need for scampi fries varies hugely from Pub with a pint: yes, to Any other situation whatsoever: Never

Blumf

Serous Pig Crunchy Snacking Cheese

Not a crisp, but who knows how to classify this.

You know when you make a cheese toasty, and some of it leaks out and dries and slightly burns on the side of the toasty maker. Well it's that, but chunks of it. You may think that's cool, but it really isn't. 3/10

imitationleather

I couldn't even finish a bag of those. Really vile fake chemical cheese taste and just not what I expected at all. Urgh.

Those corn snacks that were always being chucked in with Beer52 boxes are all over the supermarkets now as well. They are rubbish. Avoid. You've been warned!

dontpaintyourteeth

that's a shame because their pretentious pepperami-style offerings* are alright

*I suppose I could just say "salami" or something

Poobum

Does contain actual wasabi, but also lots of sugar, which means they have an unpleasantly sweet aftertaste.

shoulders

They look shite, plus how many are in there?!

seepage

Quote from: Blumf on February 05, 2024, 05:51:04 PM

Serous Pig Crunchy Snacking Cheese

Not a crisp, but who knows how to classify this.

You know when you make a cheese toasty, and some of it leaks out and dries and slightly burns on the side of the toasty maker. Well it's that, but chunks of it. You may think that's cool, but it really isn't. 3/10

if yo want that kind of thing, these are better: https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/Cheesies/page/EAFA0714-4E43-4ADC-94F9-2A260643A839?ref_=ast_bln

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Poobum on February 05, 2024, 06:49:19 PM

Does contain actual wasabi, but also lots of sugar, which means they have an unpleasantly sweet aftertaste.

Lidl used to do their own version of these, but unfortunately seem to have stopped, they were pretty reem.

Poobum

Only gave them a go due to these...

... absolutely delicious Sennarido wasabi pistachios that came in a Sakuraco box. No unnecessary sweetness and pure wasabi nose blast.

Utter Shit

I have some terrible news guys. Wotsits have absolutely fucked it. Without telling anyone (because they know it's a step back) they've changed the shape and texture. They're now smaller, less puffy and slightly more knobbly. The best way I can describe it is if they've merged with Nik-Naks, but retained 75% of the design. It's an absolute fucking shambles if I'm honest.

shoulders

Big fuck up
Massive fuck up

Hope you all consider blood a dip

seepage

I think they're 'Wotsits Crunchy' and you can still get the uncrunchy ones. Funny enough the crunchy ones aren't on Walkers' actual site

Utter Shit

Quote from: seepage on April 04, 2024, 03:36:38 PMI think they're 'Wotsits Crunchy' and you can still get the uncrunchy ones. Funny enough the crunchy ones aren't on Walkers' actual site

Na these aren't the crunchy ones, they're the standard packs but with a new and not at all improved texture. I did wonder if I just had a rogue bag, but the entire multipack was the same so I checked on Twitter and saw a lot of people saying the same thing.

Poobum

Store brand cheese puffs are better anyway. Let em go stale, let em go chewy, let the oil leech out. Yum, yum, yum.

shoulders

Want some Wotsits now

And to go with them, the films of Steven Spielberg

Dex Sawash

omedic fellow

omplete legend

rayon eater

olorful character

omic sans

artographer

alypso musician

Terence Bowl

Quote from: Utter Shit on April 04, 2024, 12:28:45 PMI have some terrible news guys. Wotsits have absolutely fucked it. Without telling anyone (because they know it's a step back) they've changed the shape and texture. They're now smaller, less puffy and slightly more knobbly. The best way I can describe it is if they've merged with Nik-Naks, but retained 75% of the design. It's an absolute fucking shambles if I'm honest.

They look very much like Cheetos.
Wotsits are made by Walkers who are a wholly owned subsidiary of PepsiCo.
Cheetos are made by Frito-Lay who are a wholly owned subsidiary of PepsiCo.
When PepsiCo first acquired Walkers they tried selling Cheetos in the UK under the Walkers brand but they sold poorly. Then they bought Wotsits from Golden Wonder and tried briefly to sell them as Cheeto Puffs but quickly went back to putting 'Wotsits' on the packets after they failed to sell.
Now it seems they're putting Cheetos in bags branded 'Wotsits'.
It's almost as though someone fairly high up at PepsiCo is obsessed with "Making those motherfucking Limeys eat Cheetos goddammit!".

shoulders

Quote from: Dex Sawash on April 05, 2024, 10:47:44 AMomedic fellow

omplete legend

rayon eater

olorful character

omic sans

artographer

alypso musician

Risps

Jim_MacLaine

The glorious history of UK crisps before Walkers came and shat on it.

Blumf

Grefusa's Gublins Minims

Spanish thing. Kinda like small Quavers, so maybe Mark Lamarr might like them. Not the best texture, but pleasant enough. Flavour is okay, but again, not quite right. 6/10

But most importantly, they're called 'Gublins' 9/10

Gublins!

amateur

Quote from: Blumf on April 06, 2024, 11:30:53 PM

Grefusa's Gublins Minims

Spanish thing. Kinda like small Quavers, so maybe Mark Lamarr might like them. Not the best texture, but pleasant enough. Flavour is okay, but again, not quite right. 6/10

But most importantly, they're called 'Gublins' 9/10

Gublins!

"Ah, let's get the Gublins, they're highly rated by Blumf. These are Blumf Gublins"

"Get out of my house."

Das Reboot

Enjoyed a bag of these, found in the flavour of the week aisle in Lidl. Will get some more next time I'm in.

shoulders

dontpaintyourteeth

GO BACK TO RUSSIA

nah seriously though they look decent

shoulders

Quote from: shoulders on November 11, 2023, 02:19:29 PM

Pleased to report these are still a thing. Way cheaper than Walkers (or Lays as they are called over here) and way more flavourful.

Took me nearly 18 days to notice a packet I could buy though, which is a downside.