Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:44:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Crisps [split topic]

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, January 22, 2021, 11:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Malcy on December 11, 2021, 08:35:42 PMI got some hot crisps from Poundland a while back. I had a good handful of or two before giving up so took them to my brother who had about 3 and drank a full pint of milk and a full pint of water minutes after.

Took them into his Uni and handed them out and watched the fallout! They were in a black packet i think with a skull and bones and a food version of a 'Parental Advisory Explicit Lyrics' logo i think.

Grabbed a pack of West Country Cheddar & Red Onion Co-Op crisps that they are doing in the £1.70 each or 2 for £2 (no-brainer). Cracking, and I'm not huge on Cheese & Onion.

What qere they called love? Interested.

Malcy

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on December 11, 2021, 11:33:29 PMWhat qere they called love? Interested.

Fairly sure it was these

Didn't remember them being Seabrook but that's them. Never saw these other flavours.

imitationleather

Those are horrendous. Too hot for me, Clive.

Cold Meat Platter

yeah just nasty tasting, heat with no flavour just bitter and weird.

touchingcloth

I like those. Last time I was in the UK I housed a packet and jerked myself silly as my face melted.

Fr.Bigley

Aldi do these "specially selected" ones for Christmas, maple glazed gammon flavour...absolutely disgusting. Taste like someone dipped a crisp in syrup and neglected any semblance of ham. I'm so aghast by the abysmal snack  I'm thinking of writing to the makers just to tell them to go fuck themselves. I've been sat here pulling that face you make when you smell shit for about an hour.

Do not buy lads.

shoulders

The words Gammon and Flavour are clearly printed on the packet, so I immediately assumed these crisps exist singularly for trolling purposes.

Video Game Fan 2000

Our lidls Christmas flavours are truffle and cep. The cep ones are pleasingly woody

shoulders

Pipers Thyme & Rosemary

Not the gratuitous self-hate furtive wank of some of the Doncaster chilli and xbox flavoured crisps posted here but some genuinely delicious herby savoury crisps.

shoulders

Replies From View

shoulders

Blumf

Tesco's finest Wild Mushroom & Truffle Flavour

Fine, just fine. A slight tang, but overall pretty plain. In no way terrible, but you're not going to crave them again. Exactly 5/10.

Replies From View

I bet they smell and taste exactly like mould.  There is something wrong with people.

shoulders

Look, maybe it's the crisps talking but what about crisps lads? Fucking hell.

TrenterPercenter

Just had a bang up Xmas dinner at mi mams (and the trimmins) then went home and had a wotsit and dairylea sandwich.  Oof! Feels great!

Blumf

Yorkshire Crisps' Cheddar & Caramelised Onion Chutney

Got them in that drum, which looks big, but it's only 50g, so a normal packet's worth, complete rip, glad I never paid for it!

Nice, bit sweet, fairly good approximation of chutney. Not a connoisseurs cheese & onion, but would be a good introduction for a young child into the world of crisps. 7/10

shoulders

Good call. Decent enough but they don't come close to delivering on their promise.

Jasha

Quote from: Blumf on December 25, 2021, 09:18:36 PM

Traditional Yorkshireness with none of that funny smelling foreign muck flavours

amateur

Back on the crisps for Christmas lads! So far I've had:

Pringles, sour cream and chive: 10/10

Piper's beef: 10/10

Piper's thyme and rosemary: 10/10

Crisps are so great.

Replies From View

Quote from: Blumf on December 25, 2021, 09:18:36 PM

Got them in that drum, which looks big, but it's only 50g, so a normal packet's worth, complete rip, glad I never paid for it!

Slightly enamel-ish aftertaste, by any chance?

Sebastian Cobb

Tried them Walkers Max Jalapeño and Cheese, reasonable kick although they're over-egging the rating but wouldn't go so far to say 'nice'.

Also got the paprika and they were below expectations as well.

Blumf

2022 crisps!!

Tesco's finest Cheddar & Pale Ale flavour

Too hoppy for my tastes (I'm more of a cider drinker), and the cheddar isn't bringing much. No sir, I don't like it. 2/10

seepage

Who decided a sea green packet was appropriate for Cheddar & ale?

Sebastian Cobb

Tried the mackies ridged cheese and onion, something not quite right about them, like an undercooked, less greasy mccoys but in a bad way.

Replies From View

Quote from: seepage on January 01, 2022, 03:31:00 PMWho decided a sea green packet was appropriate for Cheddar & ale?

Well, the colour that you're thinking might be sensible looks like a packet of beef crisps.  So try harder!

Also remember that in 2022 everything in life that is not teal or orange will be phased out.  Yes, they should have gone with orange, and saved teal for the shower gel flavour range of crisps.

shoulders

Quote from: Blumf on January 01, 2022, 01:11:56 PM2022 crisps!!

Tesco's finest Cheddar & Pale Ale flavour

Too hoppy for my tastes (I'm more of a cider drinker), and the cheddar isn't bringing much. No sir, I don't like it. 2/10

Hoppy crisps? Really?

Replies From View

Quote from: shoulders on January 01, 2022, 04:44:35 PMHoppy crisps? Really?

Hereford Hop

Check them out, too!  Plastic-free crisps - novelty!

Blumf

seepage

Hereford Hop = Cheddar rolled in hops. Can't see that adding much to the flavour - it's not exactly washing it with beer is it?