Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:07:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Crisps [split topic]

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, January 22, 2021, 11:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

It's happening again!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-60230077
QuoteShops have been warned deliveries of nuts and crisps could be at risk, after KP Snacks was hit by ransomware.

In a letter to retailers, first reported by Better Retailing, the company said it "cannot safely process orders or dispatch goods".

The producer of McCoys, Hula Hoops and various varieties of nuts apologised for any disruption.

In a message quoted by Better Retailing, one wholesaler warned problems could last into March.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KP_Snacks

Replies From View

"safely"?!  You're not the emergency services pal

Blumf

Can't take the chance. One slip up and yer crushed by a big box of dry roasted nuts.

Utter Shit

The amount of enjoyment I get from a grab bag of Wotsits is quite embarrassing considering they are clearly designed for, and aimed at, children. Same with Skips.

Sebastian Cobb

Frankly after killing off Brannigans they deserve everything they get.

Utter Shit

Wait what the fuck? Brannigans don't exist any more? I hadn't seen them for a while but assumed they were still around. The beef and mustard Brannigans, especially back in the paper bag days, was the best crisp of all in my opinion.

buttgammon

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 03, 2022, 03:39:53 PMFrankly after killing off Brannigans they deserve everything they get.

Wouldn't be surprising if it turned out to be retaliation to be honest.

Jasha

Nevermind soaring gas prices petrol inflation or rising interest rates the pound shop has put the Discos/Roysters/Frisps usual suspects up to £1.25

Fr.Bigley

The £1.25 shop doesn't sound like it'll catch on.

the science eel

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on February 03, 2022, 08:20:24 PMThe £1.25 shop doesn't sound like it'll catch on.

No. So it'll be some three-for-a-fiver thing soon enough. And they'll rename the shops FIVER SURVIVOR

Sebastian Cobb

There's some weird Pringles Sizzlers going about, I had a can last night which was Sour Cream with chilli added to it. Was ok.

Also vegans might want to know they've recently started adding milk (?) to most of them for some strange reason.

Fr.Bigley

I wasn't a fan of the sizzler pringles- Aldi does the sour cream and chili knock off too and they're marginally better than Mr moustaches wank tube.

Sebastian Cobb

I like sour cream and I like chilli but I don't reckon they're a winning combination really, I quite liked the chilli and lime stuff.

Fr.Bigley

Chili and lime for tortilla chips, every single time.

Glebe

shoulders

Quote from: Jasha on February 03, 2022, 08:17:21 PMNevermind soaring gas prices petrol inflation or rising interest rates the pound shop has put the Discos/Roysters/Frisps usual suspects up to £1.25

Saw this, fucking disgrace

Brian Freeze

Because of an own brand shortage I had to buy a big multipack of Walkers.

Christ they were shite. Had a pack of salt n vinegar and an hour later my mouth tasted like Id been going down on dead crabs. The plain ones weren't much better.

Replies From View

Quote from: Brian Freeze on February 06, 2022, 10:35:57 AMan hour later my mouth tasted like Id been going down on dead crabs.

"I would assume"

shoulders

Quote from: Brian Freeze on February 06, 2022, 10:35:57 AMBecause of an own brand shortage I had to buy a big multipack of Walkers.

Christ they were shite. Had a pack of salt n vinegar and an hour later my mouth tasted like Id been going down on dead crabs. The plain ones weren't much better.

They're alright especially salt and vinegar.

Absolutely bangs in a 6/10 every time.

Replies From View

Quote from: shoulders on February 06, 2022, 01:29:56 PMThey're alright especially salt and vinegar.

Absolutely bangs in a 6/10 every time.

Why don't you marry dead crabs

Glebe

Replies From View

That doesn't answer the question

Glebe

Quote from: Replies From View on February 06, 2022, 02:57:58 PMThat doesn't answer the question

Spare me your insolence!

Tayto's Hunky Dory have a 'Chip Shop Curry' flavour now, have enjoyed this particular flavour of the snack brand in recent times.

Das Reboot

I'm not proud of myself, but my local Heron Foods has got these on sale for 39p a pop.

seepage

Quote from: Brian Freeze on February 06, 2022, 10:35:57 AMBecause of an own brand shortage I had to buy a big multipack of Walkers.

Partner will only have Walkers Cheese & Onion. No other brand/flavour will do.

shoulders

Quote from: Das Reboot on February 06, 2022, 03:41:54 PM

I'm not proud of myself, but my local Heron Foods has got these on sale for 39p a pop.

Look, you own Heron, you make the decisions. Own it.

Sebastian Cobb

The Lebonese grocers near me has a selection of Polish crisps for some reason, some varieties of Lays I haven't tried including cheese, which intrigues me. But last time I got 'green onion' flavour Cheetos which was a bit like a less aggressive version of cheap onion rings the likes of Bobbys used to make. Was alright.

Malcy

Quote from: Glebe on February 06, 2022, 03:16:27 PMSpare me your insolence!

Tayto's Hunky Dory have a 'Chip Shop Curry' flavour now, have enjoyed this particular flavour of the snack brand in recent times.

Taytos are pish.

Mr Eggs

Quote from: Malcy on February 06, 2022, 09:22:16 PMTaytos are pish.

They destroyed Red Mill Snacks. They are bastards.