Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:26:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

More info about GB News shows.

Started by Sebastian Cobb, March 10, 2021, 06:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on April 09, 2022, 09:06:01 PMSee who's the latest "biggest name in politics, sport, entertainment and more" to appear on GB News. Only the fucking Krankies! (The Fucking Krankies is their nightclub act.) Should you want to know what they said: the Scottish Daily Express reported they are anti Scottish independence and the tall one said

Eerily close to what Mickey Pearce was saying a week or two ago.

These people are walking around with vacuums in their heads, eager to absorb the latest tabloid narrative, and repeat almost verbatim. In the mid '00s it was political correctness, 2010s was immigration, then brexit, 2020s looks like it's gonna be "woke".

Kankurette

It's got nothing to do with 'woke', the Krankies are just terminally unfunny.

Alberon

Ferris

Yeah some really choice quotes in that. I lost connection and it knackered my post, but the stuff about producers hiring their mums to be interviewees and "which cunt had my squash?!" were highlights.

Kankurette

QuoteGB News denied this, saying: "Our strategy is to be the antithesis of hate and anger. We take great pride in hosting viewpoints from across the political spectrum."
Bullshit.

Pink Gregory

They really do take that Goebbels thing to heart, don't they.  Accuse the enemy of that which you are guilty and all that.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Alberon on May 06, 2022, 02:46:32 PMNew Statesman's article about behind the scenes at GB News.

https://www.newstatesman.com/long-reads/2022/04/were-going-to-disrupt-a-year-inside-gb-news
Quote from: Ferris on May 06, 2022, 09:55:03 PMYeah some really choice quotes in that. I lost connection and it knackered my post, but the stuff about producers hiring their mums to be interviewees and "which cunt had my squash?!" were highlights.

Just seen this, from last week's Popbitch:

Quote from: PopbitchThere was a great long read about the tumultuous first year of GB News in the New Statesman this week, which saw a load of former and current staffers lining up to spill the beans on what it's been like working at the fledgling channel.

One thing we were pleased to see the piece touch on was the whiff of love that's been in the air. We've written before that things have been getting noticeably horny at GB News as time goes on – with accounts of a few different interoffice romances sparking up.

And although the New Statesman piece has a number of great quotes in it, the greatest line we've heard being uttered in the GB News studio was:

"If [X] doesn't fuck me tonight, I'm going to do the splits in his face."

The Ombudsman

Quote from: Popbitch via Ambient Sheep on May 09, 2022, 03:44:33 PM"If x doesn't fuck me tonight, I'm going to do the splits in his face."

Why did my mind go straight to Farage?

I didn't want to see that mental image. That's twice now. Once reading it in the newsletter and again here. It will only help me by knowing others will see this too now.

Trying to think of the logistics of doing the splits in someone's face.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on May 09, 2022, 05:12:41 PMTrying to think of the logistics of doing the splits in someone's face.

It's probably easier if the other person is lying down.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 09, 2022, 05:19:31 PMIt's probably easier if the other person is lying down.

Yeah, but how are you going to engineer getting a colleague to lay down unless you've already gotten them into bed?

First aid course, but you'll have at least the instructor in the room.

You could trip them down some stairs, but they'd probably be too dazed and in pain to notice you spreading your legs.

No, I'm afraid the only way this could work is if the person is either very short or sat down and you're that one off Pussycat Dolls.

Sebastian Cobb

Maybe it's like a flying-kick but legs akimbo so the 'splitter' ends up flying fanny first into the target at head height. If so, I hope they've practised landing techniques.

Of course. Straight out of the Anne Diamond playbook.

Bigfella

Farage has just politely fucked off Paisley's son.  Brexit is now splitting the loyalists.

petril

The Ombudsman

Quote from: petril on May 09, 2022, 09:57:50 PMyeah but whose face tho?

Why must you insist on me reliving this memory.

Bit worried I like it now.

Cold Meat Platter

Blumf

I'll take "Things that didn't happen" for 100, Alex.

TrenterPercenter

Yes obvious bullshit is obvious bullshit.  "Oh get out of my salon I refuse to shave off that tiny bit of hair at the back of your head"

Fambo Number Mive

Conservatives desperate to be seen as the underdog again.

Is that a tiny jar of Marmite?

jobotic

If it was real he'd be naming the hairdresser's

frajer

Yeah and it wouldn't be a calm "can you believe it" recounting. It'd be apoplectic with rage and @'ing the salon, the hairdresser and the local constabulary.

Fambo Number Mive

If it isn't real, did he ask the hairdresser to give him an uneven hairline? What excuse would he have used?

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 31, 2022, 10:18:03 PMIf it isn't real, did he ask the hairdresser to give him an uneven hairline? What excuse would he have used?

Cut a bit of his own hair off for the story I recon

It's not even going to be particularly noticeable. If I was cutting a gbbies head I'd just run the buzzer up the back

Bently Sheds

Perhaps his cordless clippers ran out of juice halfway through a home haircut & he didn't want to admit to the GBNews viewer that his mum still cuts his hair...

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on May 31, 2022, 10:20:18 PMIf I was cutting a gbbies head I'd just run the buzzer up the back

Cock and balls shaved in back of head

Fambo Number Mive

GB News will be broadcasting live coverage of the Twelfth of July parades in Northern Ireland, with commentary from Arlene Foster. BBC Northern Ireland will no longer be broadcasting the parades live apparently.

So I presume the channel will gain quite a few viewers in Northern Ireland for one day.