Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:26:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Gig 'Whores : A New Hope

Started by non capisco, May 01, 2021, 09:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

non capisco

Shellac, Pissed Jeans, Elder and Part Chimp at the Roundhouse in April 2022. BOOKED!!!
YEAHHHHH LET'S DO THIS IN JUST UNDER A YEAR'S TIME!

Egyptian Feast

Quite tempted to see Shellac there. I was listening to them for the first time in years the other day and wondering what they were up to, funnily enough. I saw them at Koko around 5 years ago and they were fantastic.

I had tickets to see Van Der Graaf Generator last May, which has been rescheduled a couple of times and is now going ahead next February. I've only seen Peter Hammill solo and it was one of the most intense gigs I've ever attended, so I'm hoping VDGG will melt my face off. Also hoping he's written an 'After The Flood' style epic about the pandemic.

The only gig I've booked since the pandemic began is Scritti Politti in October, which is apt since they (well, two of them) were surprise guests at the last gig I saw in the olden times (The Raincoats in November 2019).

non capisco

There's also the oft-rescheduled Sparks gig now in April 2022 that a lot of us had tickets for before the spiteful armoured bollock times. Still going to that if y'all are.

R J MacReady

Desertfest2022 is a goer,happy days!As long as the 'vid behaves itself.Got tickets for Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets that should have happened back in March,hopefully it will go ahead in May next year.

Kankurette

Shellac, eh? Might have to book.

The Mollusk

Yeah I'll be booking that Saturday night Roundhouse slot for Desertfest as well. Champing at the bit to see Pissed Jeans again!

mclusky (well, two thirds of them) doing a tour for the 20th anniversary of "mclusky do dallas" next year is unmissable for me as well, one of my all time fave noisy guitary albums. It's a non-profit tour to support the venues they're playing as well which is fucking lovely. Falco is such a top guy.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Black midi are doing cambridge junction in November (hopefully) which is good news for me. Just got to remember to actually buy the tickets cause they go on sale tuesday

The Mollusk

Deffo go see them! Their drummer is an absolute force of nature. Caught them at Fabric a couple years back and the stage security guy was doing nowt to stop people surfing as he was totally transfixed watching the drummer, a cheeky smile visible from under the brim of his bucket hat, it was great.

DrGreggles

My new concern is gigs that I already have tickets for (and there are a bloody lot of them) being rearranged for the same day.
In this instance I would happily accept another lockdown.

sardines

The other half booked tickets for Godspeed You Blah Blah for 2022. Frankly it feels a little depressing to think we are about a year away from regular gigs.

That End of the Road line-up just announced gets me excited but then the likely practicalities and risk of it going tits up at the last minute put me straight back into a slump.

jobotic

Quote from: non capisco on May 01, 2021, 09:17:54 PM
Shellac, Pissed Jeans, Elder and Part Chimp at the Roundhouse in April 2022. BOOKED!!!
YEAHHHHH LET'S DO THIS IN JUST UNDER A YEAR'S TIME!

Is this all on one night?

imitationleather

Apparently it is all on one night!

Huh, I might actually have to go down to London for that. Big line-up.

The Mollusk

^ You should, and you're welcome to crash at my place. There will actually be a place for you to sleep this time, promise!

imitationleather

jobotic

Might get tickets for me and my brother, if they still have any when I have money.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: imitationleather on May 05, 2021, 10:50:49 AM
Apparently it is all on one night!

Huh, I might actually have to go down to London for that. Big line-up.

you can get just the Roundhouse for a cheaper ticket.

I'm gonna do that and Powerhaus (GNOD, Hey Colossus, Bonnacons of Doom and such)

Enough for a CaB saturday Desertfest meetup?  Maybe...
Would've been arsed about Electric Wizard years ago, but last time I saw them was less than good, so...

GoblinAhFuckScary

are gnod still good? they used to be fucking immense, but the last time i saw them in like 2017 or so they were proper like basic sludgy riot season fodder

DrGreggles

Faith No More re-rescheduled for 2022*.
Always going to happen, but that didn't stop me swearing.

*not that Ticketmaster have mentioned it

DoesNotFollow

Solempnytys Festival (death/black metal fest) in Plymouth coming up in September, covid-willing. Diamond Head ere in Bournemouth next Feb.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on May 05, 2021, 05:55:23 PM
are gnod still good? they used to be fucking immense, but the last time i saw them in like 2017 or so they were proper like basic sludgy riot season fodder

i've missed them twice (and had tickets!) and the last one I heard was Just Say No to the etc. etc.

Impossible to guess.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Pink Gregory on May 05, 2021, 07:46:10 PM
i've missed them twice (and had tickets!) and the last one I heard was Just Say No to the etc. etc.

Impossible to guess.

fuck me were gnod good when they were doing the tony's last communion shows

niat

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 05, 2021, 05:58:06 PM
Faith No More re-rescheduled for 2022*.
Always going to happen, but that didn't stop me swearing.

*not that Ticketmaster have mentioned it

I haven't had any emails from Ticketmaster, but I checked in the app and the date on the e-ticket has been updated to the new date. I was trying to work out whether I was going to the first or second Manchester date as the poster doesn't have the original dates. Turns out it's the second, which is a Saturday now.

SteveDave

I've got a ticket to see Gruff Rhys supported by Bill Ryder-Jones in Camden in October. No doubt I'll be wearing my mask for it.

DrGreggles

Quote from: niat on May 06, 2021, 12:22:33 PM
I haven't had any emails from Ticketmaster, but I checked in the app and the date on the e-ticket has been updated to the new date. I was trying to work out whether I was going to the first or second Manchester date as the poster doesn't have the original dates. Turns out it's the second, which is a Saturday now.

Ticketmaster email just arrived!
The new Brixton date is a Monday instead of a Saturday, which is a bit of a pisser.

Oz Oz Alice

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on May 05, 2021, 07:56:10 PM
fuck me were gnod good when they were doing the tony's last communion shows

I saw Gnod doing a noisy electronic set at the Conti in Preston a couple of years ago and was then really impressed to see them in their rockier guise later. They've been great every time I saw them. Really looking forward to getting back to the Conti of all venues: my band did a live-stream from there on Friday and I'm not ashamed to admit I got a bit emotional stepping back into that big room, site of so many great gigs I've been to both as a spectator and playing. The site of the first time I met my good friend Simon from Ceramic Hobs now sadly no longer with us; the site of me and several members of Smell & Quim doing "Whitehouse karaoke" over the sound of an already malfunctioning embarassing whiteboy reggae band's malfunctioning sound; a rare UK show from Natural Snow Buildings; Fat White Family being absolute dickheads and showing their true colours; the list goes on.

niat

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 06, 2021, 01:43:47 PM
Ticketmaster email just arrived!
The new Brixton date is a Monday instead of a Saturday, which is a bit of a pisser.

Just got mine too. It's gone from a Tuesday to a Saturday which is a bonus for me!

peanutbutter

Had never bothered much beforehand but my plan pre-pandemic was to spend 2020 checking out various clubs in London whenever someone who remotely grabbed my interest was on in a place I hadn't been before. One or two a month until I can't be arsed anymore.

Which venues are worth keeping an eye on?

boki

Bought a ticket to see Mike Vennart (along with Ben Griffiths and Joe Lazarus, who played on his latest album) play Black Sabbath's Paranoid album in full in August.  Support is a 70s and 80s metal DJ set from Kavus Torabi!

DrGreggles

Quote from: niat on May 06, 2021, 02:57:47 PM
Just got mine too. It's gone from a Tuesday to a Saturday which is a bonus for me!

I've already got in touch with them to see if I can exchange it for Saturday in Manchester.

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: boki on May 06, 2021, 03:14:18 PM
Support is a 70s and 80s metal DJ set from Kavus Torabi!

He gets everywhere this one, doesn't he?! ;-)