Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:52:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Your signature scent

Started by Chedney Honks, June 02, 2021, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
A bump here to get recommendations for an Autumnal scent.

I have a few Spring/Summer favourites - I tend to favour citrussy top notes and woody base notes it seems - D'Issey, D&G Light Blue - but wanted something a bit darker as the nights draw in. Should I be looking for wood and leather on the review sites? Was thinking something like D&G The One but the reviews paint the performance as being piss. Have quite liked Davidoff Adventure in the past but it's incredibly poor performing.

As a footnote, I blind bought Paco Rabanne Pour Homme because it was cheap and the reviews amused me. Described as smelling like a truck stop urinal and a 1970s barber shop yet ultra clean. The reviews are pretty spot on. I'd also add it's got hints of that smell of chemicals in the hairdressers as pensioners have their hair curled under the lamp.

bgmnts

Got some Nish Man Gold something. Meant to be a mix of cinnamon and vanilla and stuff.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Was previously a right guard and mediocrity smelling man, but my partner likes that Sauvage stuff and I found a big bottle of it in Santa Cruz de Tenerife that was about half what you'd pay in the UK so I got that because I'm a stingy smells man. I like it. It makes me smell like those tall men who wear suits and work at car dealerships and can grow a full beard and own a house and when they put wax in their hair it isn't a completely different shape by the end of the day.

QDRPHNC

Giant bottle of Pagan Man, ex-display model off a ferry.

Crenners

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on August 24, 2022, 06:13:58 PMA bump here to get recommendations for an Autumnal scent.

Real talk, you could get yourself a sample of Tom Ford Oud Wood and then spend your days trying to persuade yourself not to get a bottle. Absolutely exquisite. You can often get discounts codes for the biggest online fragrance retailers. Not cheap but it'll last you ages because of the quality.

I also really really love Tuscan Leather but it's a bit riskier, quite unusual. It starts off with raspberry and saffron and then sinks into this worn leather, wood and amber. Unbelievable but people might try to eat you.

Fuck me, that is real talk. What kind of discounts are we talking?

flotemysost

I treated myself to a bottle of the Bon Parfumeur 302 earlier this year, it's definitely of the autumnal bent - the label cites "Amber, iris and sandalwood" - but I don't give a fuck, been caning it all summer. Had compliments up the wazoo too.

I definitely lean towards more woody/smoky/oud-y/leather-y scents anyway, I basically want to smell like a rich old cunt's dusty mahogany liquor cabinet.

Dex Sawash

Copious fresh sweat + forgivable fart

Roxy Robinson

I've found that I generally lean towards citrus fragrances. Acqua di Parma is my go-to, with Neroli Portofino and Mandarino di Amalfi for a little extra treat. I love bursts of bergamot and orange followed by layers of white florals and a musky, warmer base.

This isn't a citrus fragrance at all but it performs in a similar way to my favourites. It opens with a sharp green metallic burst and then it quickly settles down into pure herbaceous barbershop, shaving cream and lavender soap, sage and rosemary. From there, it's quite static but very addictive, difficult to identify what draws you in. It's the balance, I suppose, the quality of the blend. It kind of envelops you without being overpowering, it's like you're in a bubble. I'm not constantly sniffing my wrist craving one particular note, it just works as a whole. It makes you feel fantastic and I can't wait to wear it in cooler weather. It's my signature scent.

buttgammon

This is my summer scent: green and bright but not too in-your-face either.

Arbiter

This is my new summer scent and it's a big recommendation. I love the original Acqua di Parma Colonia but it's sometimes a bit too bright and zesty for British weather, almost cultural appropriation tier. This is much more wearable and a bit more subtle but still absolutely gorgeous, and I probably prefer it.

It opens up with a burst of grapefruit and bergamot, like a fruitier less sharp version of the original, then quickly settles into a sweet, sticky fig which is incredibly moreish, I spray it on my chest so it keeps wafting up. One of the greatest pleasures of my morning. It soon softens into a creamy, woody fig and cedar with a little jasmine in the background. It only lasts a couple of hours but it's unbelievably good, if you like summery citrus fragrances. I'd say it's just about more masculine with the dry down but it's very much unisex. The crap performance is a great excuse to reapply a couple of times throughout the day. Also on offer recently so got 100ml for sixty quid, which will comfortably last me til autumn.

lauraxsynthesis

I've just finished Flaya No48 and replaced it with If. They last fuck all so not sure I'll carry on with them
https://flaya.co.uk/

Underturd

I don't wear any, so my signature scent is Underturd. Hello ladies.

seepage

Terre de Lumière is back, baby!

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Ian Drunken Smurf

Down to my last few squirts of Herrera for Men - used to wear it at uni. Either that or Acqua di Gio.

tookish

I wear a variety of perfumes from Lush because I am a perfumed ponce/posh soap cunt, etc. My favourite has been discontinued but I love Guardians of the Forest, Rose Jam, and Pansy. Used to wear Kerbside Violet until my husband begged me to stop.

Found Wound Round

Get a bit paranoid if I'm overscented for day-to-day business so normally just go with "clean" = wash + serviceable anti-perspirant/deodorant. Other occasions can be divided into two categories:

1. Any neat or dress-to-impress event accompanied by partner (gf). In other words, a bona fide Fahrenheit opportunity. (Scent nicked off her brother-in-law many years ago.)

2. All other unaccompanied-by-partner occasions, whether a slow day's WFH suddenly decamped to the pub or a genuine night out. Obviously, a level above "clean" is  required but without straying into the realms of "irresistibly seductive". Partner was astounded to discover that I genuinely like wearing a splash of Brut in these scenarios, which she finds repulsive. Everyone is happy.

The Bumlord

My mum bought me an M&S sandalwood bottle, so that.

Basically it's whatever my mum buys me.