Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:42:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Man finds GIGANTIC seven-inch long oven chip!!!

Started by JesusAndYourBush, June 05, 2021, 02:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Apologies for the link, but this is the only place I can find this story:

https://metro.co.uk/2022/03/30/dorset-man-discovers-huge-crisp-during-midnight-snack-16374752/

QuoteA 'mutant crisp' has been discovered by a dad who plans to auction his find off for charity.

Michael Landford thought he was dreaming when he pulled out the massive snack this week.

The peckish 44-year-old had been craving a midnight snack and reached for a cheese and onion bag of Snackrite crisps he'd bought from Aldi.

But one crisp unearthed from the packet just 'kept going and going' and was almost the length of the packet...

Michael, an online shop owner from Poole, has decided to hang onto the crisp rather than satisfy his hunger.

It is being kept in a safe place ahead of Michael's plans to auction it off and give the proceeds to charities helping Ukrainian refugees.

It's been a successful year for larger-than-usual potato-based foods. Back in August, 26-year-old Sam Lightfoot was the lucky finder of a four-inch-long Hula Hoop.

The crisp was eight times the usual length and had only just about fit inside the packet.

Proud Sam said he would 'keep it forever and hand it down through the family'...

I'm not sure that this massive crisp is going to raise much money but it's a nice thought by the peckish 44 year old.

JamesTC

Just imagine all those Ukrainians worrying about their future before they find out that somebody has a massive crisp.

robhug

Quote from: JamesTC on March 31, 2022, 11:31:08 AMJust imagine all those Ukrainians worrying about their future before they find out that somebody has a massive crisp.

They'll be nonplussed until they realise ALL the profits from this little beauty will be heading over their way

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteMichael told the Sun: 'I remember the packet feeling particularly bulgy. I put my hand in the bag and clasped onto the first crisp I could find. It was the first one to come out and it kept going and going.'

I say!

Johnny Yesno

I don't want to be churlish but I'm a bit underwhelmed by this one, if I'm honest.

Cold Meat Platter

I recently bought a bag of potatoes and one of them is pretty big. I'll keep youse posted.

I'm a bit annoyed they focused the camera on his face and not the crisps in this picture.

Fambo Number Mive

Michael's crisp isn't the biggest one ever found though:

Quote...Back in 2020, a woman found what she reckoned is the world's biggest crisp - measuring a whopping 20cm long.

Janine Ross, 38, made the bombshell discovery while sharing a packet of 69p Asda own brand onion ring snacks with her friend's daughter Izzy.

Their humble bag contained a massive sausage-shaped crisp - measuring a hefty eight inches...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/aldi-shopper-dad-gobsmacked-find-26602007

bomb_dog

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/woman-gobsmacked-find-full-fried-26249501

QuoteTikTok user Katherine bought a packet of Kettle Chips and was surprised when she opened it to discover she had one great big crisp, as a whole potato had someone how snuck through the system

A woman was left gobsmacked after she found a full fried potato in a packet of Kettle Chips.

TikTok user Katherine bought a packet of salt and vinegar crisps and when she opened it she was in for a shock.

She went to dive in, but instead of a packet full of thin delicious crisps, she was left with a huge golden potato, covered in Kettle's iconic flavouring and perfectly fried.

Now Katherine, 22, from Bristol, has shared a video of the crisp potato and her fans on social media all thought it looked delicious - but she said it didn't taste so good.

Katherine, @katherineeatsplants, shared her discovery on TikTok, where she wrote: "Can someone from Kettle Chips tell me why I found a whole potato in the bag?"

Her clip has been viewed more than 280,000 times and Katherine was inundated with comments.

One said: "That looks kinda nice tho."

And a second added: "It's beautiful."

Then a third wrote: "Maybe it's like the gold creme egg, you might get a prize."

"That is the opposite problem of Walkers crisps," commented a fourth user.

A spokesperson for Kettle Chips said "We would like to apologise to our consumer for any inconvenience caused. We're very proud to create delicious hand-cooked crisps made from 100 per cent British potatoes.

"These potatoes are sliced, fried and seasoned at our site in Norwich and very occasionally, small potatoes can get through the slicing process without being cut.

"We're sorry to hear that this happened to this particular consumer but pleased to hear that Kettle Chips remains Katherine's brand of choice."

Fr.Bigley

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Better Midlands on April 01, 2022, 10:20:06 AM

Amazing what people will do for fame.  If I found a crisp like that I'd have shrugged and eaten it.

Oh and... Keith Lemon's let himself golooks ok actually, I s'pose.

Fambo Number Mive

I've found a couple of massive carrot roots on my tinned carrots recently, didnt think to contact the newspaper though. Maybe I should get my priorities right.

"Oxfordshire man finds 4 inch carrot root, auctions it for phimosis charity"

kalowski

Quote from: Better Midlands on April 01, 2022, 10:20:06 AM

I'm a bit annoyed they focused the camera on his face and not the crisps in this picture.
This crisp is small...and this one is far away.

Glebe

JesusAndYourBush

Glebe

[EDIT]Wrong thread!

Replies From View

Quote from: Better Midlands on April 01, 2022, 10:33:57 AMhttps://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/woman-gobsmacked-find-full-fried-26249501

QuoteNow Katherine, 22, from Bristol, has shared a video of the crisp potato and her fans on social media all thought it looked delicious - but she said it didn't taste so good.

"We're sorry to hear that this happened to this particular consumer but pleased to hear that Kettle Chips remains Katherine's brand of choice."

They know what they're saying there.  The big potato with flavouring on was of course delicious, but this fuckwit of a consumer couldn't appreciate it due to being a stupid fucking bitch.  A miracle food went to the wrong person - absolutely traumatising.

Glebe

racecar bed indy 500

Quote from: JamesTC on March 31, 2022, 11:31:08 AMJust imagine all those Ukrainians worrying about their future before they find out that somebody has a massive crisp.

see, all we need to do is find a chip or crisp or some other form of potato that is big enough, and then we use it to beat or strangle putin into submission. boom, ukraine is saved.

Povidone

Can we please have a chip embargo until Jersey Royal season has passed, or do you loony lefties have no respect for the institutions of this country? EH?!

dead-ced-dead

I once opened a packet of jerky only to find one giant, mouldy piece of beef jerky. I complained and I got a free pack of jerky. I should have held out for more - sorry, no pictures.

Brian Freeze

Look at this dirty bastard we found in our bag of crinkle cut oven chips.

Horrible innit?

Only 3" long but an absolute horror show I think you'll agree.

Will keep you updated on the value of the vouchers we recieve to compensate us for our trauma.

shoulders

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 01, 2022, 10:23:41 AMMichael's crisp isn't the biggest one ever found though:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/aldi-shopper-dad-gobsmacked-find-26602007

Free Speech Is Banned says in the comments: 'A new low in journalism has been reached!'

aunt mildred

Brian Freeze

Update: £8 of vouchers for a chip that someone had wiped their bum on.

Might do it more often if the margins are this good.

touchingcloth

I like the unusual longevity of this thread, it's very much like the eponymous chip.

I feel like the thread has never left the front page, but it's also never been particularly heavily posted in. Not even twelve pages yet, and it'll be a year old in about a week. We should mark the occasion by putting a candle in a fucking chip.

PlanktonSideburns