Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:00:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"Light" newspaper, anti-vax misinformation rag at my work

Started by madhair60, June 11, 2021, 11:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Hundreds of copies of this, at my work, for free. I work in fucking Addenbrookes btw.

Should I kick off? Should I just take all of them and destroy them? Ideas?

buttgammon

In a fucking hospital? Burn it (the stack of newspapers, not the hospital).

Do you know who left them there?

madhair60

No. I've called security, equality/inclusion and estates and they basically all went "what the fuck?". Will update if they're gone.

Fuming tbh lads

madhair60

OK, they're gone. Collective response "eh? WHAT? HERE???"

madhair60

Did I ever tell CaB about the signed, framed photo of Katie Hopkins on a colleague's windowsill, like a direct "yeah, she knows the score!!" sort of smug challenge? Fuck's sake.

turnstyle

That is shit, glad they've been disposed of.

Did the helipad get fixed btw? Hopefully they nailed it down this time.

bgmnts

That hospital is in Cambridge right? Presumably Cambridge is quite progressive so that is surprising.

MojoJojo

Quote from: bgmnts on June 11, 2021, 01:56:22 PM
That hospital is in Cambridge right? Presumably Cambridge is quite progressive so that is surprising.

I'm in Cambridge and I've been noticing some white rose stickers about the place.

jobotic

Quote from: madhair60 on June 11, 2021, 11:41:38 AM
Did I ever tell CaB about the signed, framed photo of Katie Hopkins on a colleague's windowsill, like a direct "yeah, she knows the score!!" sort of smug challenge? Fuck's sake.

My money's on them

Bad Ambassador

My office building (quite a big expensive one in the City) had magazines in the lobby, and I noticed that one of them was Sorted, a Christian magazine that styles itself as trendy and modern with editiorials by celebrities like Bear Grylls, but also runs articles about how gay people are second-class creatures and women are too silly to have bodily autonomy. I complained and they were removed.

Fambo Number Mive

I hope your security investigates who put the papers there in the first place. Fairly sure putting information like that inside of a hospital is some kind of offence if it was a staff member. If it was someone from the outside security should keep a look out for them next time and maybe let staff know

They call themselves "An Independently Distributed Truthpaper" and they sell 10 copies for £10.

Glad you have reported this madhair. You've probably saved some lives as it's reduced the number of people who will read this shite and decide not to get the vaccine.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: bgmnts on June 11, 2021, 01:56:22 PM

Based on my experience of covid cranks their pre-covid ideologies are actually pretty diverse. They're not all Lawrence Fox rightwingers.

The common thread, of the ones of my acquaintance at least, does seem to be their work or business being specifically and disproportionately affected by the pandemic. Entertainment, hospitality, tourism adjacent jobs, that sort of thing.

Sebastian Cobb

I bet Cambridge Covid deniers were recruited from the alternative medicine pathway.

Ooh, best get me some arnica! Dont touch it, it will break the spell!

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 11, 2021, 05:03:53 PM
I bet Cambridge Covid deniers were recruited from the alternative medicine pathway.

I'll have a tenner on that, too. Fucking woo-woo merchants.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 11, 2021, 03:24:02 PM
Fairly sure putting information like that inside of a hospital is some kind of offence if it was a staff member.

Are you? Under the Putting Bullshit Propaganda In Hospitals Act?

Probably it was just some random who wandered in - with it being a hospital there's not much you can do to prevent that. Shitty, but probably better than having airport style security procedures to get into a hospital.

Kankurette

Quote from: MojoJojo on June 11, 2021, 01:58:49 PM
I'm in Cambridge and I've been noticing some white rose stickers about the place.
Me too. I saw quite a few when I was visiting my parents a couple of months ago.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on June 12, 2021, 02:51:53 PM
Are you? Under the Putting Bullshit Propaganda In Hospitals Act?

Probably it was just some random who wandered in - with it being a hospital there's not much you can do to prevent that. Shitty, but probably better than having airport style security procedures to get into a hospital.

Not a criminal offence, but fairly sure if it was a staff member they would be breaking some.kind of rule. As you say, it's probably a random with money to spare.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: MojoJojo on June 11, 2021, 01:58:49 PM

White Rose stickers seem to be everywhere in the UK. I suspect it's only a small number of dickheads going round their local area with lots of stickers.

Tried to remove three this week alone. They wouldn't peel off so I concentrated on removing the bit with the White Rose website on it. Is it better to go for that or the bit with their bullshit slogan? It's difficult to spend too long on one.

Someone should make stickers refuting the White Rose COVID deniers and similar types. Or make a newspaper calling out COVID denier newspapers.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 12, 2021, 04:36:44 PM
White Rose stickers seem to be everywhere in the UK. I suspect it's only a small number of dickheads going round their local area with lots of stickers.

Tried to remove three this week alone. They wouldn't peel off so I concentrated on removing the bit with the White Rose website on it. Is it better to go for that or the bit with their bullshit slogan? It's difficult to spend too long on one.

Someone should make stickers refuting the White Rose COVID deniers and similar types. Or make a newspaper calling out COVID denier newspapers.

Be careful peeling off stickers, some horrible cunts used to put razorblades under em.

Wd40 makes stripping labels off really easy,if you can be arsed to carry a bottle in your bag

buttgammon

Yeah, best not using your bare hands if you can help it - I use a key, which is enough to scratch off any text at the very least.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on June 12, 2021, 07:33:56 PM
Wd40 makes stripping labels off really easy,if you can be arsed to carry a bottle in your bag

Might as well just carry a marker pen and scribble over it. Less effort, smaller and also serves as overt rejection vs removing it without a trace.

George Oscar Bluth II

Glad I'm not the only one removing those shitty stickers. Although the pisspoor quality of them makes it hard to do.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: bgmnts on June 12, 2021, 08:51:39 PM
Draw a classic cock and balls on it.

Or that.

Before lockdown I visited a mates for the weekend. I had Monday off to travel back but they went to work and just told me to lob the keys through the letterbox. They had a notepad in their kitchen so I took the opportunity to pick a page a fair bit back in the pad and draw a cock and balls. Must've been over 6 months before I got the inevitable whatsapp asking me 'was this you?'.

Kankurette

I am glad to say that a lot of people in my local area have defaced the shit out of them, either by scratching them or scribbling on them with markers and writing 'FUCK OFF KNOBHEAD'. They don't do the razor blade thing but keys are more effective, as is wetting the stickers first (which I did by gobbing on them).

I had to explain to relatives the other day that it was a reference to Sophie Scholl, not the white rose of Yorkshire. Which would have been less offensive[nb]Maybe not in Lancashire though[/nb].

popcorn

What is this White Rose thing? I only know the White Rose as the resistance group in Nazi Germany. Has this been appropriated?

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: popcorn on June 13, 2021, 11:25:25 AM
What is this White Rose thing? I only know the White Rose as the resistance group in Nazi Germany. Has this been appropriated?

It has, yes. From their website:

Quote...But where did we get the inspiration from? During World War II a German underground movement called Die Weisse Rose (The White Rose) distributed leaflets calling on people to resist the Nazi regime. One of their leaflets mentioned that every single human is entitled to a government that guarantees the freedom of every single person and the wellbeing of the community. Every human should be able to reach their natural goal, their earthly joy, autonomously and by their own accord. Die Weisse Rose spoke to people's conscience and urged them to wake up from their dangerous lethargy. In their fourth leaflet the members of Die Weisse Rose wrote: "We won't be silenced, we are your bad conscience, the White Rose won't leave you in peace."

The German resistance group consisted of the students Sophie Scholl and her brother Hans Scholl, as well as their friend Christoph Probst and single other members. Coming from a Christian background, the Scholl siblings turned back to Christian moral after having spent some time in the Hitler Jugend. Spreading anti-regime leaflets was a dangerous activity, and after being caught, several members of the White Rose were sentenced to death or imprisonment by the Nazis. After the executions of the siblings Scholl, a friend still carried on with distributing leaflets entitled "And their spirit lives on". With this in mind, The White Rose UK is part of the continuation.

The disproportionate and dehumanising covid restrictions are a disgrace to humanity...Like the White Rose in Germany, that resisted the Nazi regime, we encourage people to resist the covid tyranny. We do not want anymore lockdowns and demand an end to all restrictions...

It's pretty disgusting that a group trying to put people's lives at risk during a pandemic are comparing themselves to people who risked their lives trying to stop a genocidal fascist dictatorship from murdering millions of people. None of the COVID deniers are risking their lives.

I see they use Paypal for donations - wonder how Paypal feel about enabling such people.

Interestingly, they also say this.

QuoteHowever, please note that we do not do stickers. There is a coexisting White Rose group on Telegram that distributes stickers. Please do not contact us because of stickers. We will ignore emails about the stickers.

Kankurette

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 13, 2021, 11:46:18 AM
It has, yes. From their website:

It's pretty disgusting that a group trying to put people's lives at risk during a pandemic are comparing themselves to people who risked their lives trying to stop a genocidal fascist dictatorship from murdering millions of people. None of the COVID deniers are risking their lives.

I see they use Paypal for donations - wonder how Paypal feel about enabling such people.

Interestingly, they also say this.
Funnily enough, nobody is going to get hanged for not wearing a mask. Anti-maskers are so fucking disgusting. You are not some brave resistance member, you are not risking your life the way people like Sophie Scholl were. Take her name out of your mouths.

Also, the stupid cunts are still putting their stickers up even though everything is almost back to normal now. Incidentally, I notice the Wanking Cunt has been quiet recently.

Fambo Number Mive

Has anyone ever seen one of these stickers.being put up? I suspect they do it at midnight in case someone sees them and gives them a telling off about the bullshit they are spreading. Which is the worst that would happen to them.