Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:24:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

David Baddiel to tell us about online abuse

Started by Famous Mortimer, August 02, 2021, 05:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lankyguy95

QuoteDavid Baddiel says whatever is on his mind — like a child does. This, he insists, is not a bad thing. "Our world has a paralysing self-consciousness where nobody says anything that is true to who they are any more," he says. "And where can you find that honesty? In a child." Baddiel's wife has suggested that he could, perhaps, say the second thing that comes to his mind. "But I've monetised it," he says of his brashness. "I'm a limited performer, but I'm very good at being myself."

Mr Baddiel making a most splendid case in favour of paralysing self-consciousness.

Ray Travez

Quote"where are the famous bald people?"

Well there's Moby... Moby... Moby... Moby, Michael Stipe, Moby, Moby

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote"Our world has a paralysing self-consciousness where nobody says anything that is true to who they are any more,

authenticity will save us

always the same with these cunts

neov1974

Get to the bottom of that Times interview and there's links to another one from August 2023, and another one from October 2022, so within 18 months we have been deigned worthy of finding out exactly what Baddiel thinks about the world three times. This is Glinner level erasure, when will he ever find a platform

dontpaintyourteeth

Kankurette

Me too, because people assume we're all like him. He's an embarrassment.

Also, Pep Guardiola would like a word. As would Sir Patrick Stewart.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

QuoteBaddiel's wife has suggested that he could, perhaps, say the second thing that comes to his mind.
even his wife finds him exhausting

DrumsAndWires

Record number of hate incidents against British Jews reported, says antisemitism charity
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2023/nov/03/record-number-hate-incidents-british-jews-reported-hamas-attacks

Baddiel is single handedly responsible for this

phantom_power

Quote from: lankyguy95 on February 19, 2024, 06:05:03 PMMr Baddiel making a most splendid case in favour of paralysing self-consciousness.

It is just a more long-winded and self-justifying way of saying "I speak as I find"

Quote from: DrumsAndWires on February 19, 2024, 11:27:14 PMRecord number of hate incidents against British Jews reported, says antisemitism charity
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2023/nov/03/record-number-hate-incidents-british-jews-reported-hamas-attacks

Baddiel is single handedly responsible for this

I do think that the weaponisation of anti-Semitism, and its use against people demonstrating about Gaza, has emboldened actual anti-Semites to think that their bigotry is more acceptable than it is and probably added to this number of incidents. That is before you factor in how many of these incidents are misreportings of pro-Palestinian sentiment

That is not to say anti-Semitism isn't a problem. I just don't think it is being helped by people using it for political gain

frajer

"I call it as I see it. It's just who I am."

The call of the frequently-spotted tosser.

Perhaps try and improve yourself? Nah, just write a very slim book about how the world's on its arse because you can't ogle a lady's bum and shout "Honk honk! I respect the hell out of that wagon, but bet you're dead brainy too! ... You what? Oh, yeah, they're messed up cos I put them in the microwave! I microwave things as I see them, it's just who I am!"

dontpaintyourteeth

I just want to make it clear that I don't hate David Baddiel because he's Jewish, I hate him because he's David Baddiel.

KennyMonster

It seems from my twitter feed that he was on Times Radio's Mariella Jockstrap show on Tuesday and has endorsed Keir Starmer.

Says that the bar for liking politicians is very low at the moment but admires Starmer for what he's done with regards to the 'problem of Anti-Semitism in Labour'

So considering that Starmer's Labour has expelled more Jews than anyone else in UK political history what does that make Baddiel?

(cue .gif of Margaret Hodge)

BlodwynPig

robhug

Do all the Times articles about him end with a link to where to buy one of his previous books?

king_tubby

Quote from: robhug on February 22, 2024, 03:42:44 PMDo all the Times articles about him end with a link to where to buy one of his previous books?

That's standard, the Guardian do the same thing, I think they get a cut if anyone is stupid enough to buy one.

FeederFan500

Yeah it's not even like they are doing it as part of a new book promotion, it might have a six year old title as the suggestion.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: frajer on February 20, 2024, 01:33:29 PM"I call it as I see it. It's just who I am."

The call of the frequently-spotted tosser.

Perhaps try and improve yourself? Nah, just write a very slim book about how the world's on its arse because you can't ogle a lady's bum and shout "Honk honk! I respect the hell out of that wagon, but bet you're dead brainy too! ... You what? Oh, yeah, they're messed up cos I put them in the microwave! I microwave things as I see them, it's just who I am!"

John Finnemore - Marmite Flavoured Toothpaste: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAMHBlt_CQA

Johnny Yesno

I say it how I see it and Leonard Cohen looks French to me.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on March 18, 2024, 02:32:30 PMI say it how I see it and Leonard Cohen looks French to me.
He was from Quebec, which is more French than France. (Although parents of east European Jewish ancestry.) (Not entirely sure if the above was in the right thread, but discrimination against folky singer-songwriters is a serious issue.)

Funcrusher

Quote from: frajer on February 20, 2024, 01:33:29 PM"I call it as I see it. It's just who I am."

Isn't this the same line that right wing drones like Nick Ferrari and Jon Gaunt trot out?

phantom_power

Quote from: Funcrusher on March 18, 2024, 06:32:29 PMIsn't this the same line that right wing drones like Nick Ferrari and Jon Gaunt trot out?

Yes it is the clarion call of the cunt

jobotic

Thosworth

Quote from: jobotic on March 18, 2024, 09:52:48 PMIt's what everyone says on Big Brother.

And if you try to avoid any drama and politely bear the presence of imbeciles you're 'two faced'.

Bernice

I'm seeing double here! Two Muslims and two Jews going there!