Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:56:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Holding Probably Unfair Grudges

Started by Small Man Big Horse, September 25, 2021, 11:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Povidone

Quote from: Holmesy on September 27, 2021, 09:27:32 PM
What a cunty thing to say.

I'm glad Moran made you miss your train.

Didn't say it hun, typed it.

Anyway, did anyone else as a child utterly fail to understand how program scheduling worked and took the hump against a show that you percieved to be taking the place of your favourite thing?

I refused to watch the first series of The Fast Show as I held them personally responsible for the first series of Shooting Stars ending.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Povidone on October 06, 2021, 09:34:50 PM
I refused to watch the first series of The Fast Show as I held them personally responsible for the first series of Shooting Stars ending.

Shooting Stars started after The Fast Show

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Yep, first series of   The Fast Show was September 1994, Shooting Stars followed a year later.

Povidone

Must have been a repeat then. All I know is I had gotten used to watching Shooting Stars over the course of six weeks which at the time might as well have been an eternity. Then it finished its run and The Fast Show took over its Friday night night slot in what my 13 year old mind assumed to be some kind of military coup.

Perhaps the second series if it was a year after?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Second series was Feb. 1996, I remember it as part of a jolly good line up of Friday Night Comedy, with Father Ted and Fist Of Fun, so yeah, you were watching a repeat.
The 2nd series of The Fast Show was easily the worst one, btw.

Povidone

Ah well, arbitrary vindication.

It's possible im getting mixed up though, just occured to me it might have been red dwarf, holds a similarly revelatory but less enduring mystique for me. I note it was also airing a series in 1994.

Either way I held a completely unfair grudge against the Fast Show for a very stupid reason.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I'm just imagining Povidone driving his car like that Mark Williams " being angry at perfectly normal things" chatracter driving down the street, venting his spleen and shouting enraged things about, indeed, The Fast Show, turning a lovely shade of as- then- unacknowledged as such gammon.
" Oh, You're a comedy show....quickfire sketch...( fume).you, You're an unintelligent girl on a till...(snarl)...Cockney thief, You're a Cockney thief...(grr)...You're that one from the Cambridge Footlights who didn't make it as big as Stephen Fry and that lot...(etc.)
Me and my mate used to do a great approximation of this sketch while propping up the bar back in the day because we're a pair of unfunny cunts.

Povidone

Icehaven

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on October 06, 2021, 10:36:03 PM
...You're that one from the Cambridge Footlights who didn't make it as big as Stephen Fry and that lot...(etc.)

Who dat?

Fr.Bigley

Icehaven

Quote from: phantom_power on October 07, 2021, 09:22:48 AM
Paul Shearer?

Oh right, I barely even remember him being in it. Haven't watched it in at least ten years though.

Ray Travez

I got told off by a comedian for laughing. I don't hold a grudge, but I did for a while. It was Peter Brush. He was telling a joke about how you always find your way home when you're drunk- so when he's lost, he  goes and gets pissed. He told it much better, obviously. I laughed longer than everyone else, and he essentially stopped the gig and said that someone had "enjoyed the joke a bit too much" and ruined his flow. It's an unusual experience, being heckled from the stage, by a comedian, for laughing. Sort of the exact opposite of how heckling is supposed to work. Anyway I've forgiven him; I still think he's funny; but it sure fucked the gig for him, 'cos nobody wanted to laugh at his jokes after that.   

superthunderstingcar

So is it fair to say that you had the last laugh?

Ray Travez

:D

I like to think that he who laughs last, is still laughing after everyone else has stopped

Catalogue Trousers

Graham Linehan. Literally worse than Hitler.

Frankie boyle said sweary words on the telly once and Ive never ever forgiven
the fuckin specky faced shit cunt

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Ray Travez on December 26, 2021, 04:22:05 AMI got told off by a comedian for laughing. I don't hold a grudge, but I did for a while. It was Peter Brush. He was telling a joke about how you always find your way home when you're drunk- so when he's lost, he  goes and gets pissed. He told it much better, obviously. I laughed longer than everyone else, and he essentially stopped the gig and said that someone had "enjoyed the joke a bit too much" and ruined his flow. It's an unusual experience, being heckled from the stage, by a comedian, for laughing. Sort of the exact opposite of how heckling is supposed to work. Anyway I've forgiven him; I still think he's funny; but it sure fucked the gig for him, 'cos nobody wanted to laugh at his jokes after that.   

I'd have shouted back

Stop being so funny then you hilarious CUNT

THAT'D LEARN HIM

billyandthecloneasaurus

Took my oldest and dearest friend, who is black, to a sadowitz show, and then he used the n word about 5 times in the first ten minutes.  That was the moment I ceased to agree with the weird liberal defenses of sadowitz's act. I mostly held a grudge against myself though for being stupid enough to think it was a good idea.

sutin

Quote from: Ray Travez on December 26, 2021, 04:22:05 AMI got told off by a comedian for laughing. I don't hold a grudge, but I did for a while. It was Peter Brush. He was telling a joke about how you always find your way home when you're drunk- so when he's lost, he  goes and gets pissed. He told it much better, obviously. I laughed longer than everyone else, and he essentially stopped the gig and said that someone had "enjoyed the joke a bit too much" and ruined his flow. It's an unusual experience, being heckled from the stage, by a comedian, for laughing. Sort of the exact opposite of how heckling is supposed to work. Anyway I've forgiven him; I still think he's funny; but it sure fucked the gig for him, 'cos nobody wanted to laugh at his jokes after that.   

As unlikely as this sentence sounds, once my mate got kicked out of a Robin Ince show in Belfast for laughing too much.

canadagoose

Bethany Black has had me blocked on Twitter for ages. I don't really understand why, and it might have been a mistake, but I still hold a wee grudge anyway. She's not that funny.