Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,206
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:24:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Outer Wilds + Echoes of the Eye. A Masterpiece and More

Started by brat-sampson, September 29, 2021, 04:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

I played two loops and stopped because I sort of don't know what to do. Do I just pick a planet and go there? And do that for every one? Flying/landing feels like dog dirt as well.

(I acknowledge this may all be because I'm a dummy who isn't putting the requisite effort in.)

Zetetic

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on November 09, 2021, 06:05:25 PM
I played two loops and stopped because I sort of don't know what to do. Do I just pick a planet and go there?
That's a good start. As others have noted, the ship has a log that does some collation and organisation of knowledge for you - a bit - by location and content.

QuoteAnd do that for every one?
That would be a good continuation. Generally by exploring, you discover that
Spoiler alert
the Nomai know a fair bit about the solar system and how to navigate hazards in it
[close]
and they give pointers accordingly.

QuoteFlying/landing feels like dog dirt as well.
Quote from: peanutbutter on November 09, 2021, 05:19:48 PM
but I fucking hate landing spaceships, just feels bad to do.
It's always going to be a bit clunky. I guess this is the one bit of the game where you do develop some skill over time.

Ferris

Zetetic

It's tricky because it's never actually hard, and there's not a huge amount to keep in mind, but I think it does demand slightly more determined attention over a slightly longer period, along with a bit more wilful exercise of purpose on your part, than lots of games (or films or books for that matter).

elliszeroed

Somehow I confused Outerworlds with Outer Wilds, and purchased the former. Which I am enjoying.

Zetetic

I believe that The Outer Wilds is now on Microsoft's PC Game Pass.

falafel

And now it's on Switch, two years or so after originally planned. I have held off on playing till now because it seems like a perfect Switch game. Downloading as I write. Hopefully it isn't a fucked port...

The Crumb

Fingers crossed! If it clicks with you, it's an incredible game.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: falafel on December 07, 2023, 09:10:37 PMAnd now it's on Switch, two years or so after originally planned. I have held off on playing till now because it seems like a perfect Switch game. Downloading as I write. Hopefully it isn't a fucked port...

from what I've heard it doesn't run great anywhere, best to take what you can get and go with it

falafel