Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:04:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Starmer's Labour: Ghouls and Tools on the Ship of Fools

Started by pancreas, September 30, 2021, 08:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

I imagine all Labour will offer councils is that Kier will come to your local county hall and give an inspiring speech about his father being a toolmaker, including a couple of mentions of local institutions.

"My dad was a toolmaker...and I'll tell you who is a massive tool, the local Tory MP".

"Sit up straight and hands out of pockets when you listen to me. I'm the leader of the Labour Party, and I'm better than you"

pigamus

Quote from: shoulders on January 16, 2022, 09:17:27 AMStill parroting your opponents attack lines. So shit, so thick.

Oh that's a good one to steal

greencalx

Keith has finally come off the fence and opined that Johnson is not the messiah, but a very naughty boy. Not sure why he's not pressing for the Met to pull its finger out of its arse, having acknowledged that the internal inquiry won't establish any criminality.

Talking of which, where are we with Forde again?

imitationleather

Quote from: greencalx on January 16, 2022, 10:48:38 AMTalking of which, where are we with Forde again?

Last time I checked he's still an unfunny twat.

mattyc

Invoking the magic money tree, very promising stuff from Reeves. It's a beautifully elastic concept as well. When it comes to increasing the budget for border patrols, the police or bailing out the wealthy, this magic money tree never gets a mention. Yet when it comes to increasing NHS pay properly, nationalisation or levelling up (aka nice things), up sprouts the magic money tree again.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: mattyc on January 16, 2022, 02:57:50 PMInvoking the magic money tree, very promising stuff from Reeves. It's a beautifully elastic concept as well. When it comes to increasing the budget for border patrols, the police or bailing out the wealthy, this magic money tree never gets a mention. Yet when it comes to increasing NHS pay properly, nationalisation or levelling up (aka nice things), up sprouts the magic money tree again.

And it's a bloody stupid thing to say, given everyone has seen the evidence over the past couple of years of the existence of a magic money forest.

pigamus

That Test and Trace woman got a magic money rainforest

Fambo Number Mive

There are always billions of pounds for defence as well.

mattyc

The cheek of an MP sneering about a magic money tree! Westminster is like the magic money forest, with that salary of 80 grand, expenses, severance pay and a cushy job awaiting even when they lose their seat (yes, Change UK turncoats, I'm looking at you). Heaven forfend that a magic money tree rain its bounty upon the poor, it's not like they need it or anything!

king_tubby

beanheadmcginty

Psybro

Surely some intentional psyops having a rare Starmer headline accompanied by an insomnia header?

idunnosomename

he is so incredibly fucking bad (WHY I SIRK EIR AM AGAINST LEGALISING IT)

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1483006601850236932

county lines (how illegal drugs are distributed) kill children, that is why legalising drugs would be bad

he is a fucking idiot. at least the tories can lie properly.

it's doubly bad because not only doesn't it make sense, it means that he also seems to wish to maintain the status quo of children dying

chveik

Video Game Fan 2000

"I was prosecutor for five years" "it was personal to me" all about him and branding. Kier the focus group loves it when your answers to specific policy questions sound like Adele lyrics

Anyone who answers questions about specific substances with shite about "drugs" should be publically flogged.

pigamus

The kind of career droid whose CV is his whole personality

Buelligan

This push-button berk act might have gone across thirty years ago but there are increasingly larger number of humans who know far more about the subject than he does.  He should shut his dimwit chat and educate himself. 

Shameful twat of a man.  Embarrassing.  And fucking peoples' lives with his dim.

Blumf

It seems to be a core component of right-wing Labour to be completely against cannabis, no matter the evidence. Weird why they seem hung up on it. The other stuff (tiny Union Flags for all and whatever rich businessmen want) make a certain depressing sense for their position, but the diehard weed stance is odd.

It's why I've always suspected the Tories would be the ones to legalise it. The old dears in the party may clutch their pearls, but the rest must see the business and tax opportunities. Surprised they haven't already.

chveik

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Blumf on January 17, 2022, 07:14:46 PMIt's why I've always suspected the Tories would be the ones to legalise it. The old dears in the party may clutch their pearls, but the rest must see the business and tax opportunities. Surprised they haven't already.

They have they just sell it overseas.

mattyc

The title of that video is really misleading, he didn't explain why he's against legalising cannabis at all. In fact it was a slickly delivered but very incoherent argument. A couple of real Blairesque moments in there when he said 'Hear me out' and 'This is personal to me'. Someone's been firing up the video player, sitting down with Mandelson and watching some old Blair speeches and wanking, haven't they?

Sebastian Cobb

I get the idea that given his background he would have the utmost respect for law and order but what I don't get is that by and large his idea of it is that it's immutable for the most part.

king_tubby

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 17, 2022, 07:43:01 PMI get the idea that given his background he would have the utmost respect for law and order but what I don't get is that by and large his idea of it is that it's immutable for the most part.

Well he doesn't think the law is immutable, he's very up for it getting more draconian.

Psybro

Quote from: Blumf on January 17, 2022, 07:14:46 PMIt seems to be a core component of right-wing Labour to be completely against cannabis, no matter the evidence.

We're even behind the Hated United States on this, where both parties talk out of both sides of their mouth at national level but are much more willing to countenance it.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 17, 2022, 07:25:01 PMThey have they just sell it overseas.

Let's remind ourselves of who 'they' are:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-441090601

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tories-blasted-links-medical-cannabis-12701871

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1lol at her now being the Minister for Afghan Resettlement... https://www.reuters.com/article/us-afghanistan-cannabis-idUSTRE62U0IC20100331

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: mattyc on January 17, 2022, 07:39:44 PMIn fact it was a slickly delivered but very incoherent argument. A couple of real Blairesque moments in there when he said 'Hear me out' and 'This is personal to me'.

I misread 'slickly' as 'sickly' and was going to agree with you, but the man is completely incapable of sounding genuine.

shoulders

Quote"I was prosecutor for five years" "

Can only hear The Iain Duncan Smiths' impression.

machotrouts

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 17, 2022, 07:43:01 PMI get the idea that given his background he would have the utmost respect for law and order but what I don't get is that by and large his idea of it is that it's immutable for the most part.

I suppose a former prosecutor can't soften over time without being forced to reckon with the fact that their past self was an evil cunt. "It's personal to me"... I don't doubt it!