Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:51:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Moth Effect (Australian sketch show on Amazon)

Started by steveh, October 12, 2021, 12:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveh

Amazon gives me terrible recommendations for TV so only came across this this week though I think it came out in July.

Anyway, sketch show from Nick Boshier (Bondi Hipsters, Drunk History Australia) and Jazz Twemlow (senior writer for topical comedy talk show Tonightly). Some decent enough ideas such as a Q-Anon makeover show for old contrarians, taking nags from IoT devices to their extreme and David Attenborough becoming a Godzilla-like creature because nobody will listen to him on global warming. Rather variable as you'd expect from a sketch show, not much subtlety and a tendency for sketches to go on too long and not always have enough jokes beyond their main concept. However, it did still get enough laughs from me to make it worth a watch. Six episodes of only around 17 mins each so doesn't outstay its welcome.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Moth-Effect-Season-1/dp/B099YZRBKR

TheGingerAlien

For an Amazon show I thought it was pretty good.

That Attenborough one defo had shades of Day Today/Brass Eye.  Time Knight could have been from H.S. Art... 

The dad vibes song was painful though.  Also over-reliance on jokes involving being 'woke' and I wasn't 100% sure what their angle was sometimes.

Doesn't seem to have had much promotion as far as I can tell, although I don't log into Prime video much these days.  I'm guessing the CaB hive mind thought it was shit?