Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:33:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Archbishop Deadsmond Tutu

Started by madhair60, October 20, 2021, 02:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

imitationleather

#mymate got a Tutu degree.

It was in Religious Studies.

Dex Sawash

Twit 2

He died ages ago. It's called the Des Nelson effect.

shiftwork2

Twit 2

Always been disappointed he didn't actually wear a Tutu. Could have built bridges.

Twit 2

Where once he would have turned to you if you beeped your horn behind him, he wouldn't hear you now cos he's dead.

JaDanketies

Quote from: imitationleather on October 20, 2021, 02:27:16 PM
#mymate got a Tutu degree.

It was in Religious Studies.

I'm gonna have to come up with some different slang to describe my university results now.

And RIP Desmond Tutu, whatever else you did other than be slang for university results. The CoE or something I think. He never pissed me off. Apparently he was an anti-apartheid figurehead, which is better than anything I've done to date

imitationleather

Hmm... Nothing on the news. I am beginning to think he might not actually be dead.

Is this a lampoon, funny boy?

Twit 2

It would be great if he was dead, would really help this thread out I think guys. Like when madhair realises what he's done he'll be mortified. I think we should spare him that.

JaDanketies

Quote from: imitationleather on October 20, 2021, 02:38:12 PM
Hmm... Nothing on the news. I am beginning to think he might not actually be dead.

Is this a lampoon, funny boy?

You click this link and it's broken and there's nothing on the news website about 2:2

Maybe Madhair's really on the ball here, maybe he killed him. What a bad photograph choice for an obituary

Twit 2

Yes it reminds me of that apartheid.

JamesTC

Twit 2

Madhair sitting smug tonight with his beans on toast. Tutu carked, good job done with the reporting. Chuckling at how we thought it was a jape. "Nope, his life got fucked in and I've played it straight down the line."

pigamus

Quote from: JaDanketies on October 20, 2021, 02:36:01 PM
I'm gonna have to come up with some different slang to describe my university results now.

JK Rowling

(JK Rowling)

JamesTC

Pink Gregory

Had no idea he was still alive.  And now I know that he is dead.  It's a funny old world.

JesusAndYourBush

https://twitter.com/BishopSMoreo/status/1450803727548522497
QuoteBishop Stephen Moreo
@BishopSMoreo
ATTENTION. The Anglican Diocese of Johannesburg receives now the sad news of the death of our dearest Archbishop Desmond Tutu.

https://twitter.com/TutuLegacy/status/1450817503903555587
QuoteTutuLegacy
@TutuLegacy
The Desmond and Leah Tutu Legacy Foundation can confirm that this is not true, it is fake news.
@TheDesmondTutu as well as Mrs Leah Tutu are still with us. Thank you

https://twitter.com/turkey_dinde/status/1450809072408612864
Quote七面鳥(FVの姿)
@turkey_dinde

This account tweeted fake news 'Haruki Murakami was dead' yesterday, posing as Shincho-sha.
This must be fake news too.

Twit 2

pancreas

Twit 2

madhair60

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on October 20, 2021, 02:52:42 PM
https://twitter.com/TutuLegacy/status/1450817503903555587

How can there be a Desmond and Leah Tutu Legacy Foundation if they aren't dead? Someone's absolutely taking the piss here.

Quote from: JaDanketies on October 20, 2021, 02:40:46 PM

Well if you're going to drive around at that speed your luck's going to run out eventually.

idunnosomename

lol you gullible fucking idiot. As if a 90 year old man would just die like that

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: JaDanketies on October 20, 2021, 02:40:46 PM
What a bad photograph choice for an obituary

He looks like Ronnie Barker in one of the sketches that was cut from the repeats.