Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:17:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Archbishop Deadsmond Tutu

Started by madhair60, October 20, 2021, 02:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Desmond's Law to go into effect at midnight tonight.

The Mollusk

madhair60

poodlefaker

Archbishopdesmond Tutu
He's not strange
He just wants to live his life that way

Johnny Foreigner

He should have spent more time fighting popery. No popery, no slavery.
Remember Justice Godfrey.

hamfist

Desmond Tu 2: Bishop Bounces Back

touchingcloth

I met Archbishop Desmond Tutu at a charity do do once.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: poodlefaker on October 20, 2021, 05:50:04 PM
Archbishopdesmond Tutu
He's not strange
He just wants to lose his life that way

FTFY.

Butchers Blind

I'll always remember him when he was alive.

madhair60

fuck every single one of you who doubted me.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Buelligan

Glebe

idunnosomename

Keir Starmer must condemn this virulent anti-Semite or the Board of Deputies will see he never wins another by-election again

Sebastian Cobb

Getting felt up at the pearly gates by Janice Long 🕯

Keebleman

A friend's late mother, the mildest woman imaginable, had an inexplicable animus towards Desmond Tutu.  I've just messaged him to check that my memory was correct and he said it was.  The Archbish was on his mum's own personal shitlist in the company of Tom Jones, Rod Stewart and Alex Higgins.

Cuellar

THIS is why I thought he'd died ages ago!

Madhair!!!😠😠😠

king_tubby

The Guardian didn't mention his support for Palestinians in their obit and are now deleting comments that point this out.

https://twitter.com/BrandistCraig/status/1475166272388276224

beanheadmcginty

My mum seemed inexplicably pleased at his death this morning, which seemed an odd grudge even by her standards. It wasn't until teatime that she realised she'd got him mixed up with Robert Mugabe.

imitationleather

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on December 26, 2021, 08:14:44 PMMy mum seemed inexplicably pleased at his death this morning, which seemed an odd grudge even by her standards. It wasn't until teatime that she realised she'd got him mixed up with Robert Mugabe.

Haha. Standard Mum.

chveik

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on December 26, 2021, 08:14:44 PMMy mum seemed inexplicably pleased at his death this morning, which seemed an odd grudge even by her standards. It wasn't until teatime that she realised she'd got him mixed up with Robert Mugabe.

lol

Bronzy

shoulders

Catalogue of ills

You lot are making me feel old. Old Des was a regular on the TV news when I were a lad. He was all like "let's stop the killing of Black people and let's give Black people the vote" and Thatcher was all like "Ah, but what if British jobs", and most people were all like "I'm with the Black fella".

Bit churchy but still definitely one of the good guys.

shoulders

touchingcloth

Quote from: Catalogue of ills on December 27, 2021, 11:39:39 PMYou lot are making me feel old. Old Des was a regular on the TV news when I were a lad. He was all like "let's stop the killing of Black people and let's give Black people the vote" and Thatcher was all like "Ah, but what if British jobs", and most people were all like "I'm with the Black fella".

Bit churchy but still definitely one of the good guys.

I feel like he used to be on chat shows a lot when I was a kid in the 90s. I was actually surprised to learn after his death that he's widely respected internationally rather than just a novelty act for the One Show audience, but I think the buck stops with him there - what assumptions do you expect people to draw if you go around with your loud pink shirts and cerrrrazy big crucifixes in an era in which Timmy Mallet is popular, you mad catholic bastard?

king_tubby