Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:33:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Archbishop Deadsmond Tutu

Started by madhair60, October 20, 2021, 02:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Yeah no way a Catholic would be allowed on the BBC in the 90s. Anglican groovy vicars only please

touchingcloth

With getup like that? He really was mad.

Cuellar

"oh right, oh great, so a Protestant is better than me?"

touchingcloth

BBC: Desmond Tutu Remembered by daughter as a 'hugger'

You can't put scare quotes around "hugger" like that! In context, it means "he was open with his love and affection for his children", not a closet Weinstein. Though as a member of the clergy...

idunnosomename

Quote from: touchingcloth on December 28, 2021, 05:44:35 PMWith getup like that? He really was mad.
wearing purple shirts even when not in church is very much an anglican bishop thing. It was pinched off Roman Catholicism who are ironically more relaxed about dress codes outside of choir now post Vatican II (makes noncing easier etc)

touchingcloth

The Anglican vicars I've seen are mainly into grey cardigans, but apart from a friend's dad and him from The Communards, I don't really know any. My family were into evangelical places where the pastors all wore jeans and Hawaiian shirts, and my impression has always been that it's the popish folks who are into the gaudy shit based on Bishop Brennan, the pope, and their cathedrals filled with gaudy shit.

Alberon

Apparently he's not being cremated but aquamated which is reportedly more environmentally friendly.

QuoteAquamation, which uses water, is touted as a greener alternative to cremation, which uses fire. Practitioners say it cuts the amount of environmentally harmful carbon dioxide produced by up to 90%.

The technical name for the process is alkaline hydrolysis - and it involves weighing the body, then heating it to 150C (300F) in a mixture of potassium hydroxide and water for up to 90 minutes.

This dissolves the body tissue, leaving only the bones - which are then rinsed at 120C, dried, and pulverised into a coarse powder using a machine called a cremulator.

idunnosomename

CREMULATORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

shoulders

All Surrogate

Wouldn't an old-fashioned burial be more 'green'? Or being weighted and chucked in the sea?

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: All Surrogate on January 01, 2022, 03:32:08 PMWouldn't an old-fashioned burial be more 'green'? Or being weighted and chucked in the sea?

Bits always float up when you chuck em in the sea, the belly goes like a balloon, shoes float up with the feet in em, carnage. You have to wrap them in chicken wire and bed their feet in concrete, and the mourners Fuckin HATE it

I would Imagine