Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:03:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

creep update: alexis marshall (daughters)

Started by chveik, October 22, 2021, 01:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

The Mollusk

Jesus fucking Christ, this is devastating news. Two of my current favourite artists for their uncompromising and brutal, fearsome work. I was taken aback and really happy when I saw via their Instagram comments that they were in love with one another. This is going to be really difficult for me to process, I absolutely adore Daughters but ultimately ... ugh I can't even finish the sentence, don't know what else to say. Really upset about this.

The Mollusk

After fucking everything Hayter has been through. I'm seething about this and feel like I'm gonna cry, it's nauseating

The Mollusk

Very lengthy statement from Lingua Ignota here. Immense trigger warning, as it contains extensive details of sexual, physical and psychological abuse.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RashVW63u0JVl2WhjeUTo3nrnPgh4_sQpKF2j-6_iy0/mobilebasic

I am devastated. Marshall can rot in fucking hell for all I care, fuck him. Pathetic, ugly piece of shit.

chveik

The Mollusk

Yeah to say I'm shocked and horrified by this would be an understatement.

His actions and history of behaviour certainly make me question lyrics like "don't tell me how to do my job" (fired for misconduct after being inappropriate to and possibly assaulting a colleague), "I've been called a sinner", "I'll cry about it because I want to" (manipulating women using self destructive/suicidal tendencies for attention). Yet again it's another artist you'd really hope wasn't hiding in plain sight but fuck only knows what was going through this cunt's mind over the years.

Also seen people commenting "just a reminder you can hate the person but still like the band's music" - you've got to be fucking kidding me. Ignoring, if you can, the fact that his band have either ignored Hayter's messages or told her/others that Marshall's behaviour will one day destroy his career which makes them complicit in his history of abuse, there's still the matter of being able to sit down and listen to the brutal unyielding and disturbing music of a man who nearly crippled his partner for life through his sexual violence. It's unforgivable.

purlieu

I remember reading stuff about him being accused of sexual abuse years and years ago and have been kind of surprised that he's still famous, but I wasn't prepared for the depth of that statement. What a hideous human being. The guy needs about 20 years of intensive therapy before he's allowed near other people again.

chveik

Quote from: The Mollusk on December 10, 2021, 09:48:38 AMAlso seen people commenting "just a reminder you can hate the person but still like the band's music" - you've got to be fucking kidding me. Ignoring, if you can, the fact that his band have either ignored Hayter's messages or told her/others that Marshall's behaviour will one day destroy his career which makes them complicit in his history of abuse, there's still the matter of being able to sit down and listen to the brutal unyielding and disturbing music of a man who nearly crippled his partner for life through his sexual violence. It's unforgivable.

i don't care if people privately listen to the music or not, as long as they boycott it and that they shut the fuck up. the problem is the display of narcissism of people going on about their relationship with this band over what matters in this case which is acknowledging the horrible abuse she's suffered.

Cuellar

Jesus christ, man. I was just listening to SINNER GET READY today.

It's so depressing that these abusive cunts prey on those who have been abused in the past.