Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:21:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I fucking hate mayonnaise

Started by spaghetamine, November 08, 2021, 02:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twit 2

Mayonnaise is wonderful. It ain't a sandwich if it ain't got mayo. Japanese mayo awesome. Aioli awesome.

Dex Sawash

<adds spaghetamine to buddies list>

Jerzy Bondov

I used to absolutely fucking hate mayonnaise but recently I decided it was causing me too much bother. Could never order a burger in case it had mayo in it. So I decided to just start liking mayonnaise and now I do. Easy. Mind over matter

Capt.Midnight

I dislike all mayonnaise except KewPie Mayo, which is fucking delicious.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on November 08, 2021, 04:13:52 PM
Apparently Hitler wasn't a fan of mayonnaise.  Make of that what you will.

You couldn't come up with a word that would make Hitler's voice sound stupider than "mayonnaise" so its probably that.

Avril Lavigne

It's okay on a McChicken Sandwich, that's about the full extent of my mayonnaise knowledge.

Happy with this post, a 9.5/10

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteAioli awesome

So long as very garlicky.

jobotic

As usual a food thread has spawned "oh you must try Japanese mayo but only if it's from this one shop in Okinawa/I've eaten mayonnaise all over Central Europe and the best was in a small village in Slovakia/only if its from Big Donny's in the mayo district of Pittsburgh" type posts.

You don't get this sort of nonsense with a salad cream thread.

Video Game Fan 2000

Imagine Hitler saying "mayonnaise" on a rickety tram

seepage

Hard cheese sandwiches infinitely better with mayo instead of butter.

Capt.Midnight

Quote from: jobotic on November 08, 2021, 06:58:53 PM
As usual a food thread has spawned "oh you must try Japanese mayo but only if it's from this one shop in Okinawa/I've eaten mayonnaise all over Central Europe and the best was in a small village in Slovakia/only if its from Big Donny's in the mayo district of Pittsburgh" type posts.

It was Osaka, actually. Dispensed from the breast nipples of a legendary Geisha named 'Mayo-chan'.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: seepage on November 08, 2021, 08:12:43 PM

Oh not having that

You have disgraced yourself. And you must be punished.

Shit Good Nose

Course, there's two types of mayonnaise - mayonnaise for sarnies and on chips (which needs to be light and quite mild in flavour so it doesn't overpower everything else), and mayonnaise for dipping, where a stronger, tangyer and more pungent sauce is required.

On balance I do much prefer slalad cream, but there are some things slalad cream shouldn't be used with, whereas mayonnaise is perfectly fine.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on November 08, 2021, 08:50:12 PM
What the fuck is that?

Terry Thomas makes them for you with various body fluids.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: seepage on November 08, 2021, 08:12:43 PM

This is worse that covid 19

Butchers Blind

Winiary Majonez is the best mayonnaise.

Emma Raducanu

I like Paul Newman's mayonnaise. And Barry Norman's.

idunnosomename

a mayonaise sandwich was my go to thing coming in pissed. still is occasionally. lovely stuff

Povidone

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on November 08, 2021, 08:50:12 PM
What the fuck is that?

You get as much cheddar as you can and stuff it in between a couple of HEAVILY buttered slices of white bread (bap works equally well), all the while keeping a look out for egg deviants attempting to put mayonaise into it. Delicious.

I quite like mayo but it has no place near unmelted cheese, more of a ham condiment in my opinion.

I don't really understand salad cream

Avril Lavigne

Thanks, that makes sense. That was always just a cheese sandwich to me, inserting 'hard' just makes it worse, and yes I know what I just typed.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: spaghetamine on November 08, 2021, 02:20:25 PM
The popularity of the stuff is absolutely baffling to me. I can't stand its putrid, cloying flavour, even the tiniest amount will taint whatever it comes into contact with. I've tried the various vegan alternatives and those are vile as well. It's an extremely rare thing I meet another mayo hater so I'm hoping there will be at least one other person who feels the same on here and we can complain about being persecuted minorities together.

This very clever and handsome chap agrees

sutin

I've never tried salad cream. Seems a bit English, like baked beans.

Mayonnaise is wonderful in all it's forms. I won't eat chips without it.

Cloud

Twonty Gostelow

Mayonnaise have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.

You'll just have to take my word for it.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Mayonnaise is in my ears and in my eyes

Jerzy Bondov

I found it so easy to trick myself into liking mayonnaise it's made me think all of my opinions and tastes can be changed on a whim. Who even am I? Oh well who cares

pigamus

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on November 08, 2021, 08:57:46 PM
Course, there's two types of mayonnaise - mayonnaise for sarnies and on chips (which needs to be light and quite mild in flavour so it doesn't overpower everything else), and mayonnaise for dipping, where a stronger, tangyer and more pungent sauce is required.

Nonsense

Mayonnaise should be creamy, not tangy

This why Heinz is superior to Hellmans