Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:54:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling 2021/2022: All Thread Everything

Started by madhair60, November 22, 2021, 08:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

I just hope they have a good back up plan for Wardlow if MJF no shows. This is meant to be his big moment, the pay off to a three year angle.

Spiteface

If worst comes to the worst, MJF no-shows and it isn't some weird angle being worked, just have him wih the TNT title.

Then let MJF go and be someone else's headache, as they say.

Mobius

Apparently MJF has 18 months left on his contract? So he's gonna be sitting on his arse for a while, lowering his value and people will start to forget who he is. After his contract is up there'll be a bidding war between... well, he's fucked off one of only 2 wrestling companies in the world with money so WWE can offer him whatever they want and he can take it, or he can try NJPW/IMPACT or the indies or something.

If he wants to go to WWE that's up to him, but how well will that work? He's a fair bit smaller than someone like The Miz. He's a good worker, but currently wrestles like 5 matches a year. Is he gonna be some sort of special attraction, or will he wrestle on Raw every week?

Anyway guess we'll see what happens in the next few hours. It's monday morning here so I'm stuck in the office, but F5ing like madman for updates!

kitsofan34

Not that it matters tremendously at this time but CM Punk revealed MJF watches every conceivable bit of wrestling, he can find, except for NJPW, which he deplores.

IMPACT/WWE bidding war it is then.

Deanjam

According to the scuttlebutt, Wardlow vs MJF is first up on the show. Make of that what you will.

Moribunderast

Just have Wardlow powerbomb him 20 times then send him home for the foreseeable future.

Gurke and Hare

Good thing to do it first, avoid speculation overshadowing the rest of the show.

On the thing people (well, Meltzer) have said AEW wouldn't do that to the fans but what if they never actually put MJF tickets for the meet and greet on sale? I've not seen anything anywhere from anyone claiming to have had an MJF ticket and complaining about the no-show, which you'd expect these days.

Mobius

Apparently Bleacher Report has shat the bed so a lot of people have spent $50 to not be able to watch the show.

Deanjam

Deanjam

Gurke and Hare

Wheeling him out through the crows was a lovely touch.

Deanjam

Now have Wardlow rescue the TNT title.

Ja'moke

That definitely seemed like writing MJF off.

Mobius

Yeah I guess we don't see him for a long time now and they either resolve their differences backstage, or he sits his contract out.

Either way perfect squash, and glad MJF put Wardlow over.

Deanjam

Fake EMT putting the oxygen mask over MJF's eyes. Got to let those eyes breathe.

Mobius

Quote from: Deanjam on May 30, 2022, 01:27:16 AMFake EMT putting the oxygen mask over MJF's eyes. Got to let those eyes breathe.

That was so funny. And his head was hanging off the stretcher.

up_the_hampipe

I don't want MJF to go. He's the most entertaining guy they have.

Old Thrashbarg

Remsberg pocketing the diamond ring felt signifcant too.

I'm hoping it was a message being sent rather than an exit and that with a bit of time off to clear the air they can get something worked out. It did feel very final though.

Mobius

Deanjam

Papa Billy Gunn is the best thing he's done this century.

Deanjam

Ugly match. Maybe Athena could drag a good match out of Cargill.

Ja'moke

Ja'moke

Quote from: Deanjam on May 30, 2022, 01:57:55 AMUgly match. Maybe Athena could drag a good match out of Cargill.

A shame because the first Jade and Anna match on Rampage was genuinely very good.

They just weren't on the same page here until the last part.

Deanjam

Great six man. Didn't care for the finish, but what can you do.

Deanjam

Enjoyed Cole/Joe, but yet more outside interference. Three matches in a row.

Mobius

I'm pretty bored of the Cole/UE interference. It had gotten samey before they even joined AEW! Tony obviously really likes Adam Cole (and his wife)

Plus I love Joe and want good things to happen for him.

Deanjam

Soho deserved to lose after that sharpshooter. Yikes.

Gurke and Hare

Dragging out the presentation like it isn't gone 3am with a million matches still to go.

Deanjam

A feud where the crowd doesn't really want to cheer for anyone. Hope Wardlow comes out and kills everyone.