Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,186
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 767
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:10:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New variant from South Africa

Started by shoulders, November 25, 2021, 03:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

I think you've captured the essence.

I came across this nice snippet recently - viruses are symbionts.

Viruses did not evolve first, they found. Instead, viruses and bacteria both descended from an ancient cellular life form. But while – like humans – bacteria evolved to become more complex, viruses became simpler. Today, viruses are so small and simple, they can't even replicate on their own.

The Mollusk

I've been enjoying the resurgence of nu-metal in pop music in recent years, but nu-variant? Not so much!!

Dayraven

So long as you're not a fan of omicron-metal, you'll be fine.

Catalogue of ills

George Oscar Bluth II

This seems like it might actually be bad doesn't it lads. Fuck.

Hope we all had our fill of fun over the last few months!

Exposition

FiremanJim

Covid press conference by BJ tonight.

Chollis

elliszeroed

This time he won't mention Peppa Pig, but he will have one of the Teletubbies doing sign language.

poo

Fambo Number Mive

I hate how Johnson crows about the vaccine and booster rollout being faster than other countries, like it's some kind of competition.

Fambo Number Mive

Anyone who enters the Uk will need to take a PCR test by end of second day after arrival and isolate until a negative result.

Everyone who is a contact of someone with suspected Omicron variety of covid to self isolate for 10 days.

"Tightening the rules" on face masks in shops and on public transport - which isn't very clear.

Also "boosting the booster programme" whatever that means.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 27, 2021, 05:08:33 PM"Tightening the rules" on face masks in shops and on public transport - which isn't very clear

"Johnson says rules on face coverings will be tightened up in shops and public transport. The rules will be reviewed in three weeks."

Hang on does that mean the rules will be tightened up now and further reviewed in three weeks? Or that the rules won't be tightened up until the review in three weeks?

Unusual lack of clarity from the PM there.

Fambo Number Mive

Johnson says "The Saj" will set out more information tomorrow. Is he trying to get Javid to take the heat from anti-maskers?

I'm sure Johnson's recent attempts to discourage people from wearing masks won't help with trying to raise mask compliance again.

Quite a lot of the media present not wearing masks, perhaps some are exempt though.

jobotic

Quite scared now. If that cunt has agreed to mandatory mask wearing it must be bad.

It's never going to end.

BlodwynPig

As I'm travelling on train to London tomorrow, is it in my right to tell people to mask up or get off the train?

olliebean

Johnson says he's "absolutely confident this Christmas will be considerably better than last Christmas."

That's Christmas fucked, then.

Milo

I didn't watch it but did Johnson still look completely fucked? Every time I've seen him recently he's looked defeated. It's almost a parable about someone who will do absolutely anything to get their wish but their wish turns out to be a nightmare.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 27, 2021, 06:07:14 PMAs I'm travelling on train to London tomorrow, is it in my right to tell people to mask up or get off the train?

It's possible some people on the train could be mask exempt. I don't know what passengers' rights are when confronted by an unmasked passenger.

Milo

Is there a rule of thumb on how many people of a random sample are actually exempt?

Crenners

Omicron make me think of something from The Transformers: The Movie (1984).

bgmnts

Quote from: jobotic on November 27, 2021, 05:43:41 PMQuite scared now. If that cunt has agreed to mandatory mask wearing it must be bad.

It's never going to end.

Not bad enough for a lockdown though so silver lining.

Alberon

A member of SAGE was on the BBC after the press conference and was ripping into Johnson for not going far enough.

As for Johnson looking defeated I'm not surprised. He's had a hell of a month and he only has to look at Europe to see how well new restrictions will be welcomed.

Fambo Number Mive

Maybe mask wearing on my bus will go up from 15% (estimated based on Friday's journey) to 40%. I don't think we'll get any higher than that. Probably around 10-20% of passengers are genuiuely exempt (fair enough) and at least 40% of passengers are arrogant selfish tossers.

Steven88

Quote from: Milo on November 27, 2021, 06:17:40 PMI didn't watch it but did Johnson still look completely fucked?
He was breathing like a fucking bullmastiff when he was fumbling atound during  that Peppa pig speech last week.

jobotic

Wonder if mask wearing from PMs in hospitals, workplaces and theatres will go up from 0%.