Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:45:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Jon & Lucy's Christmas Sleepover

Started by MigraineBoy, November 29, 2021, 10:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MigraineBoy

Jon Richardson and Lucy Beaumont are hosting a Christmas getaway for some of their closest friends. In Jon & Lucy's Christmas Sleepover, a one-off seasonal special made by Ranga Bee Productions, Jon and Lucy are joined by comedy pals to eat, drink and get very merry during a night away from the post-Christmas, pre-New Year lull as they look back at the year gone by.

Joining Jon and Lucy for this rollicking knees-up are Roisin Conaty, Romesh Ranganathan and Rob Beckett. There'll also be a few surprise guests along the way as the gang reflect on the highs and lows of 2021 and enjoy a boozy festive feast guaranteed to lead to misbehaving and chaos.

Jon Richardson says: "The producers of this show are guaranteeing that it will end up in chaos, obviously I will be there to make sure they are proved wrong. I don't get asked to write the press release so let me take this opportunity to tell you that this festive spectacular will start and end on time and contain an appropriate amount of fun given the year we've had and the certainty that next year will be worse." 

Lucy Beaumont adds: "I am so looking forward to being paid to hang out with old friends...and Jon. I shall be mostly slipping generous size cocktails and blocking out the resentment and negativity that Jon pretends he puts 'on ice' for the festive period. If the night is anything like the parties we throw at home, we peak at awkward conversation at about 8.30pm. Jon will go missing at 9pm and come down in some sort of weird nightwear and slippers and the guests will have gone half an hour later."

Jon & Lucy's Christmas Sleepover is a silly 1x60' Yuletide gift to help us laugh off 2021. It was commissioned for Channel 4 by Phil Harris, Head of Entertainment and Events, and Genna Gibson, Commissioning Editor, Entertainment. It is produced by Ranga Bee Productions and the executive producers are Benjamin Green and Romesh Ranganathan. The show is series produced by Aoife Bower and directed by Mus Mustafa.

turnstyle

Ha ha, Jon Richardson is such an old man! I bet he wears a cardigan and complains about something! Brilliant.

Thing is, his wife doesn't think the same things as him, and is quite out going, it's literally mental!

g0m

Quote from: turnstyle on November 29, 2021, 10:41:30 AMHa ha, Jon Richardson is such an old man! I bet he wears a cardigan and complains about something! Brilliant.

Thing is, his wife doesn't think the same things as him, and is quite out going, it's literally mental!

Dude... you just pulled back the curtain on f*cking everything... you're basically the Charlie Brooker of sitting quietly at a computer

Famous Mortimer

Oh, the laughs you'll have! (if you watch something else)

Cuellar

metaltax

Quote from: Vroomo on November 29, 2021, 10:37:49 AMIt was commissioned for Channel 4 by Phil Harris, Head of Entertainment and Events, and Genna Gibson, Commissioning Editor, Entertainment.

Well if Phil and Genna are behind it then count me in. Certified gold.

jobotic

Was gonna watch this but I have tapes of classic Emmerdale Farm to catch up on.

shiftwork2

turnstyle

Quote from: g0m on November 29, 2021, 10:55:29 AMyou're basically the Charlie Brooker of sitting quietly at a computer

So...Charlie Brooker?

You got me! My wife used to be on Blue Peter, and I think computers are cool but potentially dangerous. Imagine if, I dunno, a computer or something could send electric shocks to your genitals to get you to buy Smarties FROM A ROBOT. Fucking hell, just imagine it.

In fact that's such a good idea I'm going to write script about it for Netflix. Except, I'll have to write it on a computer. JESUS FUCK THE IRONY OF THE MODERN AGE.

Did I mention my wife used to be on Blue Peter? Imagine if it turned out she was a shitting ROBOT. Can you imagine? Actually, that gives me an idea for a script...

Steven88

Icehaven

I've not seen this or the other show they made about their chalk and cheese marriage but it amazes me anyone could be invested enough in their relationship to watch a 5 minute bit about it, never mind an entire series. But then I can't believe a show where you watch other people watching TV is a big hit either, so what the fuck do I know.

Captain Z

I sort-of assumed it wasn't even a real marriage until I heard Roisin Conaty tell an anecdote about introducing them. Even then I'm not sure. Obviously, I'm not going to watch a second of it to find out how it works, but a scripted reality show is exactly the kind of thing Jon Richardson's long-curated persona would absolutely detest.

DrGreggles

This sounds shit and Richardson is a cunt.

Thanks