Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,343
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:49:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Universal Credit Work Search Meeting???

Started by H-O-W-L, November 30, 2021, 01:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: H-O-W-L on December 16, 2021, 02:19:45 PMProper shitting it!

all the best and try not to worry overly; remember every question is to be answered as you on a bad day.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on December 16, 2021, 10:14:12 PMall the best and try not to worry overly; remember every question is to be answered as you on a bad day.

That's a good advice, I'd just add "A very, very, very bad day". When I was recovering from full knee replacement surgery the first time I went to a meeting they were good about it, seeing that I could barely walk, but three months later as I stupidly told them I could just about walk 30 metres without being in agony (but only that) they found me fit for work, which really was insane.

So I'd suggest being completely honest about how you are on your very worst days, and be very emotional if need be, I think I only was given more time to recover the first time as I burst in to tears due to the pain of it all.

H-O-W-L

Still shitting it. Meant to be between 1 and 4. Nearly 3. Been doomscrolling news and shit, flicking about, all fucked to pot. What if it was a fake call or sommat yesterday??? Fucking head of mine.

H-O-W-L

Went well! The lady on the phone was lovely. I only got my asthma down and she said she was satisfied. I asked if she needed to know about my anxiety/depression she was like "well honestly what we look for is a certain amount of points in each area of your day to day and living standards at these assessments, and you've already given me more than enough in each area, obviously the anxiety will be noted as exacerbating all this but this is already obviously a great challenge for you, so this is more than enough for me to send off to the decision maker."

Hopefully this is as it sounds (IE: "You're clearly clinically fucked and hearing more will just be gratuitous.") and isn't code for "I think you're a chancer and will send your name off to the Stasi to be shot in a Dunkelstadt basement." because she was lovely.

Quote from: H-O-W-L on December 17, 2021, 04:04:14 PMWent well! The lady on the phone was lovely. I only got my asthma down and she said she was satisfied. I asked if she needed to know about my anxiety/depression she was like "well honestly what we look for is a certain amount of points in each area of your day to day and living standards at these assessments, and you've already given me more than enough in each area, obviously the anxiety will be noted as exacerbating all this but this is already obviously a great challenge for you, so this is more than enough for me to send off to the decision maker."

Hopefully this is as it sounds (IE: "You're clearly clinically fucked and hearing more will just be gratuitous.") and isn't code for "I think you're a chancer and will send your name off to the Stasi to be shot in a Dunkelstadt basement." because she was lovely.

Good stuff. Glad it went OK and it sounds like the person you spoke to was reasonbly competent and human. Enjoy the rest of the weekend :)

Bence Fekete

"points"

Congratulations, you have won the right to be ill

stevek89

Followed this thread through and really pleased the assessment went well for you. Hope you get the result soon! I think the majority of these "assessors" are honest decent people and we just hear the horror stories regarding the minority.
That's not to excuse the fucking shitstorm that universal credit and these stupid "assessments" are though.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: stevek89 on December 18, 2021, 01:45:34 PMThat's not to excuse the fucking shitstorm that universal credit and these stupid "assessments" are though.

Aye I won't lie as lovely as everyone I've had the fortune to meet has been, it has been a truly nerve-wracking anxiety-increasing affair all around-- a lot of my anxiety is borne about feeling like an impostor/waste of people's time, too (as I think I've mentioned before on this site; even here I feel like I don't fit in a lot of the time). So the whole "prove to me that you're ill and mental" slice of it has been a lovely big violent churn of the guts. A constant twisting stab-stab-stab.

I do really appreciate the well-wishes from everyone in this thread though!! Genuinely!! I am just very, very shit at expressing emotion and gratitude -- part of the complex and all.

bgmnts

Congrats. Didnt even know you could get pip due to asthma. May have to reapply myself now and go for a worsening of conditions.

Junglist

Quote from: bgmnts on December 18, 2021, 08:46:26 PMCongrats. Didnt even know you could get pip due to asthma. May have to reapply myself now and go for a worsening of conditions.

You can get it for anything as long as you hit the criteria. Had my assessment in July and got it last month due to anxiety/depression. Assessment call was almost 3 hours.

Congrats H-O-W-L, the call can be hideous to go through.

H-O-W-L

This is all assuming I've actually genuinely met the criteria of course -- my assessor may just write "LAZY FUCKER WHO COUGHS A BIT -- GIVE HER FIFTY QUID ONCE AND THEN HAVE HER STRANGLED"!

Ahh, anxiety thoughts. :D

H-O-W-L

Finally had the meeting this thread title's about. It went fine, literally just "you not dead? my name's gizmug we'll call every 2 weeks ok seeya" sorta stuff. Told him I was waiting for my assessment results and he said "yeah no prob I'll wait on that and ask how far you are".

Triggered my asthma hard though won't lie. Gonna note that to my coach.

the Fallen

Ah yes, the mind games of the dole.

Universal Discredit is sinsiter. You worry about meetings that have no import, then they fuck you the second your guard slips.

Good luck to all on it. It is possible to escape its grasp.

It is beyond the Conservatives to conceive that for some people, it is beyond a question of even wanting to work. And that's why the enmity in my heart persists

And why I crave universal benefit for all.

H-O-W-L

Got accepted for disability at the full rate today. Thank fuck, my lungs are getting worse by the week. Can't imagine commuting, let alone working, in this state.

The Guppy

Glad to hear they aren't going to fuck you around. It's a load off, int it?

H-O-W-L

Incredibly. Feels like I've had another boxing day shit.