Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:30:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Gettting my Playstation 5 in a few hours!

Started by Mobius, December 01, 2021, 11:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobius

Shop just rang me and it's finally here, after numerous delays. Going to pick it up after work today.

Going to get FIFA 22 because I'm a twat, but not sure what else to buy. I'm playing Hitman 3 and Tom Clancy: Breakpoint on my ps4 at the moment so I'll install those too probably.

Might get Dark Souls since I don't think I played the first one. Even though I'm shit at them, just want to see the nice graphics and all that. Maybe Control Ultimate because I enjoyed Control on PS4 but it ran a bit shitty.

Any recommendations?!

Glebe

madhair60

Quote from: Mobius on December 01, 2021, 11:44:35 PMAny recommendations?!

Sell it

Edit: non-joke answer, no. Honestly, there's nothing worth having one for yet. Returnal is good but not £400 console good. Demon's Souls is good but it's a remake. Er, Sackboy is fun for multiplayer.

Mobius

Quote from: Glebe on December 02, 2021, 12:27:16 AMEnjoy mate!

Thanks Glebe! My ps4 disc drive has been broken for about a decade, so this can only be an improvement.

Quote from: madhair60 on December 02, 2021, 12:28:24 AMSell it

Edit: non-joke answer, no. Honestly, there's nothing worth having one for yet. Returnal is good but not £400 console good. Demon's Souls is good but it's a remake. Er, Sackboy is fun for multiplayer.

Ha yeah, I know I know... :( But I still play my PS4 a lot, so will play the same shit on a quieter console with faster loading screens.

But yeah slim pickings to be sure.

bgmnts

Enjoy! Got to love that just about to get the new console buzz.

Mister Six

Enjoy! I've still got about 15 PS4-era (or earlier, with Psychonauts and Yakuza 3-5 remasters) to play before I can justify even considering getting a PS5, so I'm jealous. Although by the looks of things, when I'm looking around in 2023, there will still be waiting lists for the bloody thing, so...

Mobius

It's a big bastard isn't it? Got it laying down with the stand, looks sort of weird.

Can't really be arsed to play it tbh

Mobius

The store and main screen doesn't have any lag

Timothy

Recommendations:

Astro's Playroom (Free on the console). Absolutely lovely experience and a great showcase for the Dualsense.

Returnal
Goty.

Deathloop
A great game by the creators of Prey and Dishonored.

Miles Morales
Really fun. Better then the first game imo.

Demon Souls

PS Plus Collection
Available if you have PS Plus. A collection of great PS4 games.

Bugsnax
Neat little adventure.

Crash Bandicoot 4
Awesome but difficult platformer

Enjoy the console! I have mine since release and still really happy with it. No loading times, playing PS5 (and a selection of PS4) games in 60fps, the Dualsense... it is a great console.

Timothy

FIFA makes great use of the Dualsense by the way. Really fun to pass the ball around. And as strange as it sounds you can almost feel the ball hitting the net when you score.

Mobius

Thanks Timothy, I love Dishonoured and Deathloop does look interesting.

Actually I really enjoyed that Spider-Man game so might get that Miles one.

Yeah there's some good stuff actually now you lot mention it. Cheers lads.

Console is so quiet. I can't tell you how fucking loud my ps4 was. Feels nice and cold too.

Timothy

My PS4 Pro was soooo loud. I also couldn't believe how quiet the PS5 was.

I looked at some of the other games I played on PS5 that I enjoyed:

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
Yakuza 7: Like A Dragon
Death Stranding: Director's Cut
Ghost of Tsushima
Resident Evil Village
Guardians of the Galaxy
Control: Ultimate Edition
Sackboy

Two things I wished I knew when I got the console that I learned later:

Always look if a game is on the PS4 and if it has a free PS5 upgrade. Games like Guardians of the Galaxy are cheaper on PS4 but give you a free PS5 digital upgrade. When you pop the disc in you can go to the product page where you can download the PS5 version. You need to have the PS4 disc in your PS5 to play the digital PS5 version.

Most games offer you a fidelity and a performance mode. Fidelity focuses on the best graphics but performance focuses on framerate. Some games, like Miles Morales, offer performance RT, where you have the best framerate but also still have ray tracing. It's worth it to play around with the settings to see what you like most. Control looks stunning in fidelity mode for example but I choose performance mode because 60fps for this game was essential for me.

brat-sampson

The FFVII Remake / GoW 4k/60fps* upgrades made both feel almost like new games to me, plus you can get the Yuffie DLC now too, which I would recommend if you liked the base game.

*FFVII you make a performance/graphics choice, GoW does both.

spanky

While I've not yet been blown away by anything graphically on the console, the feeling in Astro's Playroom of the rain hitting the controller was a proper wow moment. For what's basically a free demo of the new controller it's so good.

Mister Six

Quote from: brat-sampson on December 02, 2021, 09:27:36 AMThe FFVII Remake / GoW 4k/60fps* upgrades made both feel almost like new games to me, plus you can get the Yuffie DLC now too, which I would recommend if you liked the base game.

*FFVII you make a performance/graphics choice, GoW does both.

Does Yuffie get introduced earlier in the remake, or have they got to the world map already?

Crenners

Quote from: Mister Six on December 02, 2021, 05:18:16 PMDoes Yuffie get introduced earlier in the remake, or have they got to the world map already?

Remake main game is only Midgar.

DLC is wholly 'original' content, a side story to Remake, and therefore expectedly worse.

___

Separately, the PS5 is fucking excellent but there isn't a lot of topic tier first party stuff - just like the Xbox and Switch over the last year or two.

It's silly to say Returnal isn't worth £x because a) it depends on your own circumstances and b) there's much more to the PS5 than that.

Demon's Souls is fantastic, it's Demon's Souls (which most people haven't played) and it looks/sounds/feels spectacular.

Miles Morales is also very good, better than the first Spider-Man game.

Ratchet and Clank is cunt tier kid game gameplay but looks fucking outstanding.

Death Stranding Director's Cut is well better than the PS4 version and finally hooked me after a good year and a half of bouncing off.

Astro cunt is great for what it is. Seems like a game for people who don't really play games but nothing wrong with that, we're talking about normal people.

Tsushima and GoW look and feel very different at 60fps.

Lots of other PS4> PS5 updates.
___

Alternatively, you could get a peado box.

Mobius

FIFA 22 looks and feels nice.

Ghost Recon: Breakpoint just runs so much smoother. No lag or stuttering, graphics are definitely nicer too.

I've got Tsushima on the PS4 so can probably upgrade for cheap. I didn't finish the DLC so can definitely do that. I think I might pick up Miles Morales tonight for the weekend, like the idea of webbing around and seeing all the shiny surfaces.

Glebe