Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:20:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fad Gadget was brilliant

Started by Johnny Foreigner, December 02, 2021, 08:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Foreigner

I was washing up just now and it struck me that Fad Gadget was brilliant. He's been gone for nigh-on twenty years now and his jagged, raw tunes with sarcastic lyrics still fascinate me no end. Tovey's later bluesy stuff, I must confess I find less interesting, but then I am a latter-day dark-waver.

That is all I wanted to say, really. Do youse have a favourite Fad Gadget song? I find it quite hard to choose betwixt:

• Life on the line IV
  • The sheep look up
  • One man's meat
  • Ideal world
  • Newsreel
  • Ricky's hand
  • Luddite Joe
  • For whom the bells toll
  • Lemmings on lovers' rock

...but they are nearly all brilliant.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Let's " Make Room"* for some comments on how good and ahead of its time his music was!

* One of my favourite singles by the lad. Has some verry 1981ish aspects  though, the poor feller was competing against the likes of fucking Blue Rondo A La Turk.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Johnny Foreigner

No, don't ignore him. His music deserves to be better known.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I meant ignore the DP I'd inadvertently made ( although you may just be joking around).

Kankurette

I only really know Ladyshave. Love it. PLUCK YOUR BROW. PLUCK IT NOW.

Jockice

Whenever anyone mentions Fad Gadget I always tell this story. A schoolmate of mine was quite into him and bought the album Incontinent. The title of which he wrote on several of his school books. Until his elder sister told him what the word meant and that it didn't refer, as he thought, to travelling abroad.

I just pissed myself laughing at him.