Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:47:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Songs to walk back from the pub

Started by turnstyle, December 07, 2021, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnstyle

Currently walking back to the homestead rocking Shellac's Watch Song. Glorious stuff.

What's your favourite song to walk to we walk back from the pub to?

BJBMK2

Glebe

I get knocked down but I get glans again.

the science eel

BJBMK2

Would always stick on Old Red Eyes Is Back, because we had an actual red eyes, in our old local. Would sit in the corner, not speak to any soul, have his six pints, stare into space, not take part in the pub quiz, then go home. He's now dead.

We've all seen one person like that in our lives. I can never decide if that song is mocking that kind of person, or treating them with sympathy.

Lungpuddle

Quote from: BJBMK2 on December 07, 2021, 11:27:50 PMWe've all seen one person like that in our lives. I can never decide if that song is mocking that kind of person, or treating them with sympathy.

Think I read Heaton saying it's a route he could see himself going down if he didn't watch out.

Back in my drinking days, we'd sing You're Gorgeous Bad Old Man by Babybird or, um, Tribute by Tenacious D on the walk home. From what I recall, we were really, really, really good.

boki

Pijn & Conjurer - High Spirits
Lasts for most of the walk from the town centre and is ideal after a few beers.

The Mollusk

Vaguely recall one night in California a few years back, walking from a dive bar back to the hostel with my mate singing "The Omen" (Fantômas version) at the top of our lungs pissed out of our heads.

SANGUIIISSSS BIBIMUUSSS
CORPUUSSSS EDIMUUUSSSS
TOLLE CORPUS SATANI! AVE!!!

jobotic

I think walking back from the pub a bit pissed is the only time these days I listen to breakcore. And it's perfect.

Brundle-Fly

shoulders

Norton Canes

The Mollusk

Quote from: Norton Canes on December 08, 2021, 03:36:05 PM"Cinema, cinema!"

Laughed. The aforementioned friend in my above post introduced me to "Man Bites Dog" and, again, we have sauntered about drunk yelling that on more than one occasion.

Johnny Foreigner

holyzombiejesus

The only pub I really walk to is up on the tops so relatively rural. This is the road back to my house...

...and if it's a dark night I usually listen to some witchy folk like Lankum or Cinder Well. If it's summer then Teenage Fanclub, circa '95-7. Will sing.

easytarget

The Mollusk

I usually stick on something raucous and heavy like "2 Towers" by Lightning Bolt and it's fucking great till I get home and everything stops and suddenly my head is a total mess.

itsfredtitmus

i always end up singing hmhb songs and two pints of lager just seems like the right thing to do at the moment

sardines

Something by the Longpigs
The perfect mix of arrogance and regret

Kankurette

Friday Night Saturday Morning by the Specials.
Quote from: BJBMK2 on December 07, 2021, 11:27:50 PMWould always stick on Old Red Eyes Is Back, because we had an actual red eyes, in our old local. Would sit in the corner, not speak to any soul, have his six pints, stare into space, not take part in the pub quiz, then go home. He's now dead.

We've all seen one person like that in our lives. I can never decide if that song is mocking that kind of person, or treating them with sympathy.
Considering Heaton was an alkie himself, I'd say it was the latter. I always think of George Best when I hear that song, myself.

amateur

The only foolproof method I have for getting rid of hiccups while walking home battered from the pub - a more regular occurrence than any of us would like to admit - is to listen to 96 Quite Bitter Beings by CKY while holding my breath.

It stands up!

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Kankurette on December 13, 2021, 11:44:58 AMFriday Night Saturday Morning by the Specials..

Yeah, I nommed it here earlier the other day. This Spesh one works too.