Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:27:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Plan B finally announced

Started by Fambo Number Mive, December 08, 2021, 06:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

WFH if you can from Monday.

Covid passes coming in.

Masks in more areas including theatres.

They should have gone to Plan B weeks ago. I do realise WFH doesn't work for many people but it would have made sense for those who can work from home and are ok doing so to have been asked to have done so a lot earlier.

Fambo Number Mive

Taking pre approved questions from the public first.

Zetetic

mothman

jobotic

Public libraries exempt from mask wearing up to now. Bet they still are.

Haven't at any point been able to work from home and never will.

Fuck knows how I haven't had it. Still I'm sure I will now.

Fambo Number Mive

It's ridiculous that libraries are exempt from mask wearing. As well as mandating masks for those not exempt, they should look at ways to improve ventillation in libraries.

Johnson now trying to imply a journalist is criticising those involved in the vaccine rollout. Utterly shameful.

bgmnts

Plan B lol. Just throwing all these meaningless buzzwords and shit ideas out there. Shit government for shit wankers.

jobotic

He's always done that.

Q.  Why don't you fund the NHS properly?

A. Stop slagging off hard working NHS staff

frajer

Plan B stands for Plan Boris in that it will be staggeringly ineffective and shit

jobotic

Why is Whitty answering questions about Johnson's cunt behaviour?

shoulders

The mask thing has been tightened a little already.

The travel rules were tightened already.

So we have:

Working from home where possible, a fairly big change, although some people are already now, and many hybrid working.

Vaccine certs or clear test for gigs (should have already been the case from Euros onwards but well done, finally)

Alberon

Universities should finish their term with no change which makes absolutely no sense.

No chance for me to work from home, but most of the rest of staff can so it sort of works out.

Attila

Quote from: Alberon on December 08, 2021, 09:28:09 PMUniversities should finish their term with no change which makes absolutely no sense.

No chance for me to work from home, but most of the rest of staff can so it sort of works out.

Yeah,  management at mine immediately leapt on this and sent around an email yesterday evening that we must finish out the semester face to face, no exceptions, penalties for anyone attempting to switch to online teaching. It was suggested at a meeting last week that staff consider cancelling any xmas plans and travel so that we're not having to isolate and disrupt the start of second semester.

The email stated emphatically that we're staying face to face because it's what the students want and the rule of the government.

They must have been walloped by emails because about half hour later sent around another email that we deffo have to be face to face the rest of this week, and then wait and see what the PM says on Monday subsequently.

My students emphatically don't want f2f classes next week, and have been asking why can't we just call it a reading week, since it's all mostly assignments due next week, &c.

I'm on the train 4-5 days a week to get to campus, and even with the 'everyone must wear masks in the classroom' rule back, about 1/2 the students don't. Good times.

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: Alberon on December 08, 2021, 09:28:09 PMUniversities should finish their term with no change which makes absolutely no sense.
I live outside the country now so I'm not really current with the news, but didn't loads of people complain that they were getting charged uni fees yet hadn't actually been able to go in?  Isn't this just a kneejerk response to that?

Crenners

Literally can't wait for a full national lockdown a week on Monday.

Fambo Number Mive

Wondering if Tory MPs will stop the Plan B restrictions taking place - they'd need a lot to vote against though, given all the opposition parties apart from the DUP will vote for them.

MojoJojo

It's all seems a bit pointlessly mild. Looks like we could be heading for a repeat of last year with a panic lockdown in January.

Tory backbenches still in revolt over it. Fucking lunatics.

Attila

Update from my uni's management is that from Monday, anyone at the university who can work from home, should work from home except library staff, student services staff, security, and all lecturers.

In other words, management will all be working from home from next Monday.

They keep sending blanket emails to the staff ordering that staff be in the classrooms next week for face to face sessions. Given that it's the last week of the semester and a lot of assignments are due in, I expect to be teaching empty rooms.

Oh, they've finally cancelled all of the Christmas parties ('we announce this with a heavy heart'), but the carolling sessions are still on.