News:

Registrations are currently delayed due to a spam wave, please bear with me.


Boris Johnson - Time Running out?

Started by Alberon, December 09, 2021, 01:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Guppy

He's too gelatinous to be killed with bumming. I think they've gaped his arsehole wide, rolled a red carpet up his rectum, and the Queen has marched right up there in her ceremonial robes and crown. Then she puts her finger to her lips, shhhh, and pulls his anus closed behind her. Now he's screaming and spasming and bleeding out of his face, as the Queen goes APE SHIT inside him with a scimitar.

vanilla.coffee

The news media have made people bored of covid dangers.
The news media will make people bored of Boris capers.


greencalx

Quote from: greencalx on January 14, 2022, 10:09:23 PMMy worry is that the replacement is Patel.

Quote from: jobotic on January 14, 2022, 10:44:44 PMNah the membership wouldn't vote for her. And they blame her for not having "control"  of the channel.

Maybe... I don't claim to have any insight into the mind of a Tory. Truss, who has no discernible talent that I can see, is apparently second in the running. Sunak seems to be the favourite and he scares me, having built up a reputation as a cuddly chancellor despite having a very hardcore no-tax, no-regulation ideology. I imagine he could be quite the charmer whilst being totally ruthless.

I am not at all enthusiastic about a leadership election, given the bottomless barrel of awfulness that constitutes the parliamentary Tory party.

imitationleather

It feels a bit weird to think that, whatever happens, in a couple of years we'll definitely be looking back at the Johnson era and saying "He was bad... But better than what we have now!"

AllisonSays

Operation Save Big Dog?! Fuck me that's funny.

Replies From View

Quote from: bgmnts on January 15, 2022, 12:07:24 AMGot an image of him currently being strapped to a chair with his arse out and a queue of ministers behind him who are, i  can only say, bumming him into oblivion.

LABOUR ISN'T WORKING

Replies From View

Quote from: vanilla.coffee on January 15, 2022, 07:55:10 AMThe news media have made people bored of covid dangers.
The news media will make people bored of Boris capers.

He'll still be lolboris and twats in pubs will still laugh and think he's a lad when they see him on the pub telly.

And when the Tories need to win something lolboris will be able to make it happen by giving it his backing.

People are stupid, forgetful, and lolboris will survive this.

Norton Canes

Just thought this perspicacious little nugget was worth dropping in

QuoteMeanwhile, a former minister told the BBC: "Johnson is toast... if you were the chief whip looking at him you'd say he's not fit to do any other jobs in government, you wouldn't make him a junior minister, he doesn't work hard enough."

superthunderstingcar

Quote from: Norton Canes on January 15, 2022, 09:39:05 AM"Johnson is toast...
Nah, he's too cartoonish to be a Matt Berry character.

pigamus

He's toast because he doesn't work hard enough? I don't think so

jobotic

Tories saying they are fed up with being asked to "defend the indefensible".

They're happy to do the indefensible. It's why they're Tories

olliebean

Quote from: greencalx on January 15, 2022, 08:39:20 AMMaybe... I don't claim to have any insight into the mind of a Tory. Truss, who has no discernible talent that I can see, is apparently second in the running. Sunak seems to be the favourite and he scares me, having built up a reputation as a cuddly chancellor despite having a very hardcore no-tax, no-regulation ideology. I imagine he could be quite the charmer whilst being totally ruthless.

I am not at all enthusiastic about a leadership election, given the bottomless barrel of awfulness that constitutes the parliamentary Tory party.

Basically it's going to be Sunak or Truss depending on how racist the Tory membership are, rather than on any qualities they might have that make one or other of them more suitable for the job.

Norton Canes

Quote from: pigamus on January 15, 2022, 10:17:42 AMHe's toast because he doesn't work hard enough? I don't think so

I liked the quote more because finally someone in his party has come out and said he's a lazy fucker.

pigamus

Quote from: olliebean on January 15, 2022, 10:48:07 AMBasically it's going to be Sunak or Truss depending on how racist the Tory membership are, rather than on any qualities they might have that make one or other of them more suitable for the job.

I get what they see in Sunak, but Pork Markets? Cheese Disgrace? What is there to see in her except a joke?

Inspector Norse

Sunak is the one who would be a "good" leader, surely. Slick and smart and gives the impression of competence and calm and being able to connect with normal people, and sure to work very very hard to make sure all the money and power stays with exactly the right people.

imitationleather

If they got Sunak in the thing that centrists say Starmer is good for (looking competent/sensible) surely becomes redundant. If he's against a capable-seeming and bland Tory what's the point?

I still feel it'll be Truss, though.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

If Pork Markets Cheese Disgrace ends up prime minister then fuck me, what a time to be alive.

mothman

Quote from: pigamus on January 15, 2022, 10:56:35 AMI get what they see in Sunak, but Pork Markets? Cheese Disgrace? What is there to see in her except a joke?
She's white.

Dr Rock

Sunak will still be PM while the country goes to ruin because of Brexit, he can't change that.

idunnosomename

Truss with all the authority of a supply teacher saying out of the corner of her mouth "time to move on" cant have done her  image much good with her supposed horny tory dad base

pigamus

Quote from: mothman on January 15, 2022, 11:30:18 AMShe's white.

But also strongly reminiscent of Theresa May, they can't have failed to spot that surely?

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: mothman on January 15, 2022, 11:30:18 AMShe's white.

This.  It not impossible mind that Sunak could become leader and there will be some people in the party that will see having the first non-white PM as evidence of their progressiveness.  The Tories main concern is keeping the establishment hierarchy in order and controlling the economy as such so that it remains a rich persons country (this isn't quite as simply barbaric in there reasoning as people make out, rather they tell themselves this is the way it must be to maintain order and "safety" for international funds, which is key to British interests in the global economy - i.e. they are doing it for your own good serf!).  There are therefore a lot of senior players that couldn't give a fuck about the colour of someones skins as long as they are "one of them".

The problem is that for votes they rely on old crinkly "they let anyone in nowadays" OAPS, middle-class white flight votes in the shires, and nationalist sentiments in the conurbations all of which verge on actual rightwing nationalism egged on by Tories when convenient. Selling Rishi to these arseholes will be seen by many of them as a betrayal (though this problem of their own making will have to be face at some point).

Mr Farenheit

Quote from: pigamus on January 15, 2022, 10:56:35 AMI get what they see in Sunak, but Pork Markets? Cheese Disgrace? What is there to see in her except a joke?

I think they're hoping that her role as Ruth in the Netflix series Snowpiercer has given her some 'star power' and recognition with the general public.

pigamus

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on January 15, 2022, 11:52:05 AMThis.  It not impossible mind that Sunak could become leader and there will be some people in the party that will see having the first non-white PM as evidence of their progressiveness.  The Tories main concern is keeping the establishment hierarchy in order and controlling the economy as such so that it remains a rich persons country (this isn't quite as simply barbaric in there reasoning as people make out, rather they tell themselves this is the way it must be to maintain order and "safety" for international funds, which is key to British interests in the global economy - i.e. they are doing it for your own good serf!).  There are therefore a lot of senior players that couldn't give a fuck about the colour of someones skins as long as they are "one of them".

The problem is that for votes they rely on old crinkly "they let anyone in nowadays" OAPS, middle-class white flight votes in the shires, and nationalist sentiments in the conurbations all of which verge on actual rightwing nationalism egged on by Tories when convenient. Selling Rishi to these arseholes will be seen by many of them as a betrayal (though this problem of their own making will have to be face at some point).

Yes that's all very true, but there is another side to it. If Sunak plays his hand well, he can say that Sunak PM decisively proves that the Tories aren't racist and Britain isn't racist either, so he gives the crinklies something to pat themselves on the back about, as well as being one in the eye for the lefties. The racists will embrace him if he makes them feel good about themselves.

Jittlebags

Surely the public will hate Truss. They got sick of May, and will think Truss is a pretty poor downgrade.

imitationleather

It's not Sunak's race that will put people off. It's that he's a shortarse.

shoulders

People have heard of the stalking horse concept, right?

The fact Truss as a candidate for Tory leader (and therefore Prime Minister) is a deranged, incomprehensible idea isn't an accident.

I don't understand why people seem to be taking it seriously.


pigamus

Because she's very popular with Tory members. I don't understand it any more than you do.

Zetetic

Popularity with Tory members doesn't mean anything if you can't convince Tory MPs that you'd be tolerable. That's not a high bar either, historically, but still.

pigamus

Key thing for Truss will be her credibility to the Brexiteers. But Sunak has an even bigger problem there I think. They don't trust him.