Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:42:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Britain STINKS of weed

Started by Beagle 2, December 09, 2021, 03:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGingerAlien

Quote from: JaDanketies on January 08, 2022, 02:18:14 PMI don't really want to stop using it and figure out if there's something wrong with my brain with the help of mental healthcare professionals. I've already found a cure that works for me tyvm. I do tend to relate well with people who have depression but I don't quite fancy SSRIs.

All very relatable.  I think age is a factor also.  Maybe you're just getting old?  I'm not sure if I'm the best judge, but time dulls the senses.  Which in turn means it's totally OK to use the herb to sort your arthritis out with zero guilt.  Get on it!

In terms of the SSRIs then they will absolutely put you in the Anhedonia zone.

edit: new page plops

Head Gardener

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on January 03, 2022, 10:50:34 PMYeah that's too much fucking about for me, that's why I've just been smoking it. Putting it into caps might just be the right skill level/amount of effort for me to do. I've never had any luck with edibles before, they seem to have little to no effect on me, another reason I've not tried eating ABV before.

Filling caps is a piece of piss, just get a little pippette eye dropper bottle.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 05, 2022, 06:45:45 PMFilling caps is a piece of piss, just get a little pippette eye dropper bottle.

I'm going to try something like that next and then that will be my last try. I ended up grinding up the ABV and filling capsules with half ABV and half coconut oil, ate a load of those, nothing. Then I tried filling the capsule completely with ABV and then took a cap of coconut oil for every cap of ABV I took, still nothing. So I'll try infusion, I gather that the basics are I just need to dump the ABV in hot/warm coconut oil, leave it, strain it out, then put it in caps? I just think I'm going to have to accept that eating it doesn't work for me and I should chuck all this ABV away.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on February 05, 2022, 06:56:04 PMI'm going to try something like that next and then that will be my last try. I ended up grinding up the ABV and filling capsules with half ABV and half coconut oil, ate a load of those, nothing. Then I tried filling the capsule completely with ABV and then took a cap of coconut oil for every cap of ABV I took, still nothing. So I'll try infusion, I gather that the basics are I just need to dump the ABV in hot/warm coconut oil, leave it, strain it out, then put it in caps? I just think I'm going to have to accept that eating it doesn't work for me and I should chuck all this ABV away.

Yeah i think the oil and the abv stuff has to be mixed and heated for it to work well. I did make them but gave some away and then left the rest in my freezer and forgot when I moved out. I followed some quite detailed reddit post about it, can't find it now but will look again.

Harry Badger

OK, so I grew about seven ounces last summer. Not being much of a smoker, I have gone down the edible route. Here's what worked for me.

1/2 oz weed

500g coconut oil

Grind the weed as finely as possible then bake on Gas Mark 1 (or a bit lower) for 45 minutes.

Meanwhile boil a kettle and pour it into a slow cooker switched to high.

Put the oil into a pyrex bowl and place in the water until the oil has liquified. Add the weed. Put a lid over the bowl then leave to infuse for a few hours.

Strain the oil into a container and use in place of butter to make truffles with dark chocolate. The recipe above will make literally hundreds, which can be kept in the freezer.

If you just want oil then repeat the above but use olive oil or MCT oil. The key is not to let it overheat, which is the mistake I made at first. I had the oil in the slow cooker itself and it boiled ridiculously quickly even on the lowest heat. Hence using this crude bain-marie method.

I've got fuck loads of pipette bottles if anyone wants a few. Capsules sounds like a ballache.

Sebastian Cobb

Reading that I think that's more-or-less what I did with abv.

The good thing about buying the coconut oil is I could also have a bash at 'butter coffee'.

Harry Badger

I must admit I haven't read the rest of the thread!

I have a few drops of oil in my camomile tea at night. The idea of actual butter in a hot drink makes me a bit nauseous but have had the coconut oil that way. Also, any unused coconut oil can be kept in the fridge and it doesnt appear to lose any potency in the short term (ie a few months)

Sebastian Cobb

You mix coconut oil and butter into it, you need to run it through a blender though so it's all mixed up properly and not a massive oil slick floating on top.

Harry Badger

Ah yes, I have heard of that. I don't mind an oil slick on top to be honest as long as it isn't dairy (and I'm not a vegan).

no_offenc

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 05, 2022, 07:29:07 PMYou mix coconut oil and butter into it, you need to run it through a blender though so it's all mixed up properly and not a massive oil slick floating on top.

Or use a tiny bit of lecithin powder, which should emulsify it together nicely. Works with vegan Options hot chocolate, too, I would imagine. With a big spoon of infused oil plus some lecithin I reckon that'd take you places. Not speaking from experience obviously. But still.

kalowski