Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:18:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Britain STINKS of weed

Started by Beagle 2, December 09, 2021, 03:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Torso

It's not so much that everywhere stinks of weed, it's that weed seems to smell so much worse than it used to. Granted I haven't smoke for about 15 years but I always feel it smells like absolute shit when I used to not mind the stank. Pissy skunk flooded the market?

Rizla

Aye in my day we'd be happy with the old soapbar, which was basically the same as sniffing glue, or burning the plastic on a bus shelter and inhaling the fumes. It was only when we took a trip to Amsterdam that we got to try the good stuff -burning and inhaling dutch bus shelters, much better.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on December 09, 2021, 06:07:54 PMHow do you find it? One of my mates has wrangled this after years of heavy self medicating, his review of it was 'its shit cos its grown by tory sons learning how to grow.'.

It's good quality, but not as good quality as street weed. The stuff I'm getting is grown and imported from Portugal, it's an Amnesia Haze/White Widow hybrid, 20% THC and <1% CBD. The problem comes with irradiation, it gets irradiated to prolong the shelf life, kill mold and bacteria, and while this doesn't do anything to the THC or CBD content, it does kill off some of the terpenes. Terpenes are the chemicals in plants that give them their smell and flavour but with cannabis the terpenes also have an 'entourage effect', which basically means the terpenes have a provable effect on the THC and CBD but no one knows how or why (mainly because research into cannabis has been near impossible up until relatively recently). So for instance, mango terpenes enhance the psychoactive effect of cannabis, lemon terpenes enhance the anti-nausea effect (this is why choosing the right strain for your illness can be important, but this area is often overlooked due to lack of knowledge). This is also the reason why your homegrown food tastes better than store bought stuff, that stuff has been irradiated and so has lost some of it's terpenes and so its loses smell and flavour.

And thats where we are with the legal weed at the moment, its good quality and it does the job but I do need more of it than if I was using homegrown weed to get the same effect. People here will be happy to know that because of the irradiation legal weed smells nowhere near as strong as the illegal stuff. So stinky weed is no indication of THC content (THC is odourless) or strength, it just tells you it has a lot of terpenes (which is a good thing).

I am actually suprised at the amount of people who don't like the smell of weed though, it's a lovely, flowery smell, citrus weed in particular is great, I'd love a garden full of that.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: Rizla on December 09, 2021, 06:29:19 PMAye in my day we'd be happy with the old soapbar, which was basically the same as sniffing glue, or burning the plastic on a bus shelter and inhaling the fumes. It was only when we took a trip to Amsterdam that we got to try the good stuff -burning and inhaling dutch bus shelters, much better.

I'd always wondered why bus shelters have all those scorch marks on them, thanks for clearing that up for a sheltered kid like me. Always thought they were just setting them on fire for a laugh.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Rizla on December 09, 2021, 06:29:19 PMAye in my day we'd be happy with the old soapbar, which was basically the same as sniffing glue, or burning the plastic on a bus shelter and inhaling the fumes. It was only when we took a trip to Amsterdam that we got to try the good stuff -burning and inhaling dutch bus shelters, much better.

You could make a new garbage island in the middle of the Atlantic with all the plastic I used to pick out of my soapbar back in the day, fucking awful stuff. Is it still about these days? It was that or nothing when I was a youth, when I first saw that cannabis was a plant I thought someone was trying to sell me oregano.

JaDanketies

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on December 09, 2021, 06:30:35 PMI am actually suprised at the amount of people who don't like the smell of weed though, it's a lovely, flowery smell, citrus weed in particular is great, I'd love a garden full of that.

Seems like people who don't smoke it don't like the smell of it. I don't actually much like the smell of joints now I've moved to vaping. I figure that weed smokers like the smell because of the whole positive reinforcement thing.

Although Fred Durst does say, "you silly motherfucker, puff puff give, the marijuana cig, oops, I don't even smoke but I love the way it smells" in the anthemic 'livin' it up', so what do I know

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on December 09, 2021, 06:38:58 PMYou could make a new garbage island in the middle of the Atlantic with all the plastic I used to pick out of my soapbar back in the day, fucking awful stuff. Is it still about these days?

Not seen any very low quality hash for a good long while now, at least a decade, although there's still lots of relatively low-quality hash knocking about. Nothing with rope and plastic in it.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: JaDanketies on December 09, 2021, 06:46:44 PMI figure that weed smokers like the smell because of the whole positive reinforcement thing.

I think there's a bit of the reverse in play too, where people say they don't like the smell because it's illegal and admitting to liking the smell might mean you like doing it too and then you'd be a no-good druggy. It's like people associate the smell with stereotypical stoner behaviour and admitting you like the smell means you're like that too.

Rizla

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on December 09, 2021, 06:38:58 PMYou could make a new garbage island in the middle of the Atlantic with all the plastic I used to pick out of my soapbar back in the day, fucking awful stuff. Is it still about these days?
I'm told that brexit has caused some changes to the supply chain of "solid" which traditionally came through the brit gangsters in spain, and given soapbar was the stuff they made exclusively for the UK market out of low-quality resin and floor sweepings, fortified with all sorts of grim solventy shite, I don't think it's to be had these days at all. Some maniacs used to prefer it - a bandmate asking after it in a coffeeshop one time didn't live that one down.

Sebastian Cobb

I got some kashmiri ice as a treat a while back, was nice for a treat, I don't usually smoke nowadays and use a desktop vape with a water bubbler which gets me pretty fucking mashed.

The Mollusk

Friend of mine told me one time he found a Lego hand in his resin, still cracks me up laughing just thinking about that image.

Main reason they did it was to make it weigh more and rip people off wasn't it? Or was that just a byproduct of its wretched manufacturing process?

Twit 2

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: The Mollusk on December 09, 2021, 08:07:23 PMMain reason they did it was to make it weigh more and rip people off wasn't it?

Pretty much, there was all sorts of cack in there. There was a good bit in Howard Marks autobiography about him travelling to Pakistan and seeing how it was made, soapbar was basically the sausage of the cannabis world, made up from all the leftover bits.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Twit 2 on December 09, 2021, 08:17:05 PM"There was a little hand!"

Hahaha

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on December 09, 2021, 08:23:23 PMPretty much, there was all sorts of cack in there. There was a good bit in Howard Marks autobiography about him travelling to Pakistan and seeing how it was made, soapbar was basically the sausage of the cannabis world, made up from all the leftover bits.

Grim. It's all worth it for giving us that Goldie Lookin Chain song though.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: The Mollusk on December 09, 2021, 08:25:36 PMGrim. It's all worth it for giving us that Goldie Lookin Chain song though.

I used to buy my draw from the same people they did, my old dealer was mentioned in one of their pre-fame songs. Didn't turn me into a semi-decent comedy rapper though.

Sebastian Cobb

I bought a strain called 'Pestilence' recently couldn't not buy it with a name like that.

Goldentony

re soapbar, seems lik shake and dust has taken over that as the cheap dogshit bottom of the barrell choice. giant fuck off tesco bag full of stems and leaves for 15 quid. Dont feel fuck all, you can sort of focus on going the shops or Death Stranding a bit better.

flotemysost

One of my flatmates smokes weed every day (more or less) but I only really notice it if I happen to be passing right by her room (which is the only place she does it, door closed, windows open). Doesn't bother me (either from an olfactory or moral standpoint), though it's not something I've ever massively got into myself.

The flat I lived in last year had a very distinctive, perennial weed-and-frying-onions fug in the communal hallway, not altogether unpleasant. If it wasn't for covid and therefore the fact that I only ever sprinted through the hallway fully masked up, I might've tried to get a contact high by lingering around, a bit like in 15 Storeys High.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Goldentony on December 09, 2021, 09:22:00 PMre soapbar, seems lik shake and dust has taken over that as the cheap dogshit bottom of the barrell choice. giant fuck off tesco bag full of stems and leaves for 15 quid. Dont feel fuck all, you can sort of focus on going the shops or Death Stranding a bit better.

I used to buy that because of the price and smoke it in a big blunt. It's good value for money but would be a waste of time in a vape or bong.

I used to only buy mid-grade stuff and thought that the high-shelf shit was a waste of money. Although I suppose I got into that habit when I sold it, and I wanted to sell 1g ten-bags to repeating customers and make some profit out of it. If you sell small tenbags and tell your customers that it's fine, because it's penging, they don't believe you and don't care. The ten-bag market want full bags, not penging weed.

But nowadays, fuck getting myself arrested for a few hundred quid a month. I'm now awaiting my delivery of Alien Cookies, which was expensive and looked really strong from the pictures. I want to be discrete, so I want to hit my vape and get as much drugs in my brain as I can in as short a time as possible and with as little substance as possible. So I want Alien Cookies.

ASFTSN

Quote from: Chollis on December 09, 2021, 04:27:33 PMget on the edibles ASAP

I'd love to give them a proper try as I hate smoking. No idea where I'd even begin finding them though.

buttgammon

Quote from: ASFTSN on December 10, 2021, 08:53:13 AMI'd love to give them a proper try as I hate smoking. No idea where I'd even begin finding them though.

Instagram, and that's a serious answer, not a pun!

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: ASFTSN on December 10, 2021, 08:53:13 AMI'd love to give them a proper try as I hate smoking. No idea where I'd even begin finding them though.

If you can get hold of the weed, edibles are very easy to make yourself.

Dex Sawash

Bence Fekete

yeah, eds are irritatingly easy when you know how. Only wish I'd have drugged myself that way sooner.

If you get a little mason jar with a screwtop lid and use that to decarb the weed in the oven, with the lid slightly unscrewed so you can wobble it about a bit, then it traps the majority of the smell and you can get away without causing much pong at all. If complete and total stealth is your situation then you could easily add a tray of onions or something whiffy on the tray underneath to truly mask it, but you might find that's overkill.

Then after decarb I usually just scoop a few tablespoons of coconut oil into same mason jar and bung it in the slow cooker on low for 4 hours (some odour here, but still not comparable to smoking or baking), strain through a deconstructed teabag, et voila! (+ don't forget left over plant matter still active too, hurrah)

What's nice about the cocount oil infusion in particular is that the product lasts much longer than some of the other oils and if you keep it in the fridge it solidifies very quickly into a sliceable/managable lump. You can cut little squares off that and pop them under the tongue for an on demand, measurable, sublingual, discrete and reasonably speedy lift-off as required. Different strains peak at different times but effects are noticable for me usually within the first hour or so and nowadays the psychological (pavlovian) effects are effectively instantaneous. I guess you could add anything to taste when it's still in melted form if you really need to neutralise the cannabis/coconutty oil flavour but I've grown to like it as is.

And of course you don't even need to infuse it after decarb. I'm always chucking decarbed weed in anything these days. Soups, omlettes, tea, fajitas, pizza, pilecream. Miracle stuff. 

JaDanketies

I've got a bunch of ABV - Already Been Vaped - which is 'decarbed' and apparently can be eaten straight (cos it's decarbed) or even parachuted in a pill and that will apparently still get you high. It's very unappetising-looking, and based on how little it hits you when you smoke a blunt of it, you probably have to consume a decent amount before feeling anything.

Instructions on how to turn it into something slightly less unappetising seem to involve a lot of effort.

Anyone any experience using this ABV stuff?

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: JaDanketies on December 10, 2021, 01:28:05 PMI've got a bunch of ABV - Already Been Vaped - which is 'decarbed' and apparently can be eaten straight (cos it's decarbed) or even parachuted in a pill and that will apparently still get you high. It's very unappetising-looking, and based on how little it hits you when you smoke a blunt of it, you probably have to consume a decent amount before feeling anything.

Instructions on how to turn it into something slightly less unappetising seem to involve a lot of effort.

Anyone any experience using this ABV stuff?

Yeah it's very easy to do, you've already described the 2 best ways, put it in a pill or mix it into some food (I wouldn't advise just eating it straight, it tastes pretty rank). Yogurt is a popular choice, or putting it in a smoothie or milkshake, just something to mask the taste, really. At the end of the day all ABV is is weed with a lower THC and CBD content, I think the only difference between ABV and regular weed for edibles is that you don't need to decarb ABV, that's why you can just eat it. I've never been a fan of edibles though, they've never worked at all when I've tried them, commercial products or homemade ones, no effect whatsoever, so my knowledge in that area is a little lacking.

Bence Fekete

The infusion process described above will work for AVB if you have a slow cooker (or homemade double-boiler), anything that will produce mild heat for hours and gently force the goodies into your fat/oil of choice.

It will still taste a bit minging though, depending on the age of the ABV. If you go down the sprinkle/bomb method it's recommended you use something fatty so that the cannabinoids work.

chutnut

In my experience when I've used ABV it's seemed just as strong as normal decarbed weed but I'm not an expert in making edibles by any means (just an expert in eating them)
Yeah it tastes rank though

Gurke and Hare

Sprinkling it on ice cream seems to be a popular method for ABV.

Sebastian Cobb

I made some abv caps with coconut oil and pippetted them into some capsules using an eye dropper thing.

I dunno how they actually worked though, I gave a few to a mate who said they were ok but put them in my freezer for safe keeping, forgot about them and left them there when I moved out.