Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:19:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Goneski Beat

Started by Better Midlands, December 09, 2021, 06:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Bronski Beat founder Steve Bronski dies at 61

Smalltown Boy, Why? & Hit That Perfect Beat - all bangers.

Johnny Foreigner

Letter to Brezhnev. Great film.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Die*

( Instead of "Why?")

Run to grave, turn to grave, run to grave, turn to grave, run to grave (lying in your hole)
Run to grave, turn to grave, run to grave, turn to grave, run to grave (lying in your hole)
Run to grave, turn to grave, run to grave, turn to grave, run to grave.

pigamus

I bet Ian Hislop couldn't do an impression of him.

dissolute ocelot

Smalltown Boy is just a fantastic song, although I must admit I wasn't aware of Mr Bronski's contribution and had it down as more of a Somerville project. The video is brilliant too, train ride and swimming pool, directed by Bernard Rose who also helmed Candyman (1992), Ivans Xtc, and the utterly bonkers "Welcome to the Pleasuredome".

Pauline Walnuts

Dig that perfect grave boy
Dig that perfect
Dig that perfect grave boy, grave boy

I've got that feeling
That dead boy feeling

Sorry.

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on December 10, 2021, 10:52:34 AMSmalltown Boy is just a fantastic song, although I must admit I wasn't aware of Mr Bronski's contribution and had it down as more of a Somerville project.

Yes the other two brought a lot to the table here, it's deceptively simple. I didn't realise until years later how much JS's vocal stylings were influenced by Sylvester (despite him covering Mighty Real).

There's an interesting deconstruction of Smalltown Boy if that's your thing.