Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:25:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

JDTV - Jim Davidson's new project

Started by holyzombiejesus, December 13, 2021, 06:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Farenheit

In amongst all the racist rants, obsession with 'big boned' people, lefties, veterans etc there are some fantastic bits where he complains about hotels.
Hyatt Birmingham
Crowne Plaza Nottingham
Novotel Wolverhampton

Fambo Number Mive

Wonder how the other guests feel about Davidson loudly ranting in his room for his Youtube channel.

The Ustreme Veterans Fund has a rather unfortunate abbreviation.

jobotic

Like how he's hitching up his trousers as he speaks on the Nottingham one.

Fambo Number Mive

I like how he was scared of the man behind the bar in the Crowne Plaza in Nottingham.

The comments on the videos include a couple of people calling for him to "run this country". Imagine that.

Goes off on  a rant about the French in one video and points out how a member of hotel staff had a "strange accent" in another.

Fambo Number Mive

"self-licking ice cream people". What does that mean?

And in that Henry video, why does he have two pieces of paper in front of him/ His script? I like how the intro makes it look like he's on TV and then it's just him behind his desk. He must really miss being on TV.

I  do wonder if  Davidson and the people commenting on his Youtube video have ever donated anything to a charity helping  people in Africa.  He is  also totally distorting what  Henry said.

Video Game Fan 2000

Guys like Davidson were hugely out of touch even when they were young and of the moment. I think he didn't know that there was a generational shift happening at the end of the 70s. Instead he believes there was some sort of scam going where people like Lenny Henry were exploiting minority status to get jobs that should go to talented people (like Jim Davidson). It wasn't that the world was changing or there was any cultural shift happening that would account for a change in attitudes and tastes, its simply that if Lenny Henry never became famous all comedians would still be white guys doing the pole vaulter joke.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: amateur on December 16, 2021, 10:14:35 AMThis is good, actually

It's got layers to it. Or at least that's what I told myself when I was drunkposting.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 16, 2021, 05:10:04 PMAnd in that Henry video, why does he have two pieces of paper in front of him/ His script? I like how the intro makes it look like he's on TV and then it's just him behind his desk. He must really miss being on TV.

Yeah - the difference in production values between the titles and the actual video was startling. I wonder who did them for him...

mippy

If Twitter is anything to go by, Lenny Henry is the only non-white entertainer any of them have ever heard of, so is the go-to example of how They get to be on TV all the time because of tokenism.

Never mind that he's spent the last few years getting a PhD and becoming a respected classical actor, his whole existence is all about preventing a revival of Big Break.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: mippy on December 17, 2021, 10:23:14 AMIf Twitter is anything to go by, Lenny Henry is the only non-white entertainer any of them have ever heard of, so is the go-to example of how They get to be on TV all the time because of tokenism.

I don't know who they are, but there are plenty of people on Twitter who get very angry about Nish Kumar all the time (and not in the same way people on CaB do).

kalowski

Quote from: WangChungLung on December 14, 2021, 06:29:14 PMEither way LH is and never has been funny , a moderately talented actor at best *awaits numerous vociferous attacks*
He might not be brilliant, but I fucking love him. A huge part of my childhood. I loved him on TISWAS and I saw him in Blackpool when I was young and he made me cry huge tears if laughter. He is a national treasure and I won't hear a word against him.
Theo P Wildebeest is great on the first Comic Relief.

PeasOnSticks

Quote from: Mr Farenheit on December 16, 2021, 04:44:31 PMIn amongst all the racist rants, obsession with 'big boned' people, lefties, veterans etc there are some fantastic bits where he complains about hotels.
Hyatt Birmingham
Crowne Plaza Nottingham
Novotel Wolverhampton

'When I asked why the bacon was all soggy, they said 'ur...no.' '

Poor Jim really is living a nightmare. They didn't even have back bacon. Just streaky.

It's grim stuff, though. Quite apart from the subject matter, barely coherent and lacking any presentational skill. Baffling that this is a one-time professional broadcaster.

imitationleather

I've watched three of his videos and I am getting a slight impression that race is a bit of a bugbear for him.

Cuellar

"The French, they're stealing our fish, sending us migrants, and fucking up our...hotel chains"

PeasOnSticks

Quote from: imitationleather on December 17, 2021, 11:05:40 PMI've watched three of his videos and I am getting a slight impression that race is a bit of a bugbear for him.

You say that, but there's a moving 'Open Letter to Ian Wright' video where he recalls how the two of them bonded at Matt Le Tissier's testimonial over each having chauffeur-driven Bentleys.

idunnosomename

Lenny Henry whatever you think about him is worth an infinite amount of Jim Davidsons. hope he bangs his fucking head on the inside of a septic tank, the unfunny racist little cunt

Mr Banlon

"I was in the pool, and the staff refused to bring me a packet of chips !"
"The bloke on reception was too big for me to shout at !"
"There's not enough room in the lift to punch a woman !"
"The hotel refuses to replace the trousers I shat."

Glebe

Quote from: phantom_power on December 15, 2021, 12:54:31 PMFor a comedian he is so lacking in any wit or timing, and as a former prime-time BBC presenter he is so lacking in charisma or engagement

Eloquently put PP!

Quote from: Kankurette on December 16, 2021, 10:10:30 AMCouldn't he just join GB News like every other grifting turd?

Even they don't want the vile arsehole.

TheMonk

Tried the Wolverhampton one. Couldn't sit through it. Not a negative comment to be seen. One says
"It's because the migrants are stopping in the best hotels we end up with the shit"
Goodness me. Awful.

Gurke and Hare

The hotel ones are great because he has to pretend he doesn't know that the staff realise exactly who he is and are reacting accordingly.

Kankurette

Lenny Henry is not remotely funny (except Theopilus P Wildebeeste), but Davidson makes him look like Spike Milligan.
Quote from: PeasOnSticks on December 17, 2021, 11:13:47 PMYou say that, but there's a moving 'Open Letter to Ian Wright' video where he recalls how the two of them bonded at Matt Le Tissier's testimonial over each having chauffeur-driven Bentleys.

I wonder if Le Tissier was into conspiracy theories back then.

Paul Calf

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on December 13, 2021, 06:42:54 PM

Horrible racist turd of a man has got his own shitty streaming site called Ustreme. Got a bit too into these little videos yesterday. Most of them just seem to be on twitter...

https://twitter.com/JimDOfficial/status/1468988815025000451

https://twitter.com/JimDOfficial/status/1467525574801465353

https://twitter.com/JimDOfficial/status/1464986947466797062

https://twitter.com/JimDOfficial/status/1465999553820254215

Should really be in the 'desolation' thread.

That last has a Downfall parody of Hitler screaming "Cancel the BBC! Lefty bastards!"

I mean, it's honest at least...

The funniest thing though is the lack of interaction with the tweets.

holyzombiejesus

This one's strange, if only for the behaviour of the black guy hosting the discussion. Starts at about nine minutes.

https://youtu.be/5CAt_yPLlpI

Fambo Number Mive

Love how the bloke who uploaded the video calls himself "THE VOICE OF REASON". Nice and modest.

Davidson is keen to point out that the producer he is talking about was an "Irish fella".

The interviewer claims that most white people would say "coloured" rather than "Black" as "they think it is polite", but surely "coloured" was regarded as a racist term even back in the 80s - I doubt many white people would use the term "coloured" these days, I would hope not anyway. Whenever I hear the term "coloured" it makes me think of an aggressive racist police officer in 1980s police uniform stopping a young Black man for no reason.

Is the term "Black" racist?

Sonny_Jim

I grew up in a small village in the south west and moved to Bristol in my 20s.  I distinctly remember using the word coloured to refer to a black person and my friends being absolutely mortified.  This was about 2002.

Their reasoning was we are all 'coloured', so if they are black, just say black.

pupshaw

Quote from: PeasOnSticks on December 17, 2021, 11:13:47 PMYou say that, but there's a moving 'Open Letter to Ian Wright' video where he recalls how the two of them bonded at Matt Le Tissier's testimonial over each having chauffeur-driven Bentleys.

There's an unspoken assumption here that we will just believe that Ian Wright has a chauffeur-driven Bentley.
He is one of the last people who would own one. Maybe have been in one as a VIP at some event, but come on...
I've met him through a mutual friend a few times and I'd be very surprised if this is true.

This says so much about Davidson. He's like the wankers you meet on cheap package tours who tell you about their properties and their cars and money, but never have any dosh on them.

Is there anybody else on this planet with so much concentrated vileness as this cunt. The other day a coworker of mine saw the news and said "that comedian has died". I said right away please God let it be Jim Davidson.
It was Jethro of course

peteprodge

Quote from: pupshaw on December 20, 2021, 09:16:18 AMThere's an unspoken assumption here that we will just believe that Ian Wright has a chauffeur-driven Bentley.
He is one of the last people who would own one. Maybe have been in one as a VIP at some event, but come on...
I've met him through a mutual friend a few times and I'd be very surprised if this is true.

This says so much about Davidson. He's like the wankers you meet on cheap package tours who tell you about their properties and their cars and money, but never have any dosh on them.

Well...

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/jim-davidson-claims-broke-after-17070960

gilbertharding

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 19, 2021, 10:27:00 PMLove how the bloke who uploaded the video calls himself "THE VOICE OF REASON". Nice and modest.

Davidson is keen to point out that the producer he is talking about was an "Irish fella".

The interviewer claims that most white people would say "coloured" rather than "Black" as "they think it is polite", but surely "coloured" was regarded as a racist term even back in the 80s - I doubt many white people would use the term "coloured" these days, I would hope not anyway. Whenever I hear the term "coloured" it makes me think of an aggressive racist police officer in 1980s police uniform stopping a young Black man for no reason.

Is the term "Black" racist?

'Coloured' was indeed considered the politer term by some white people in the 70s/80s. Crucially, I don't think anyone had thought to ask any actual coloured (sic) people up until then.

I think (pure speculation) that the idea it was polite to say a black person was coloured was at least partly due to the South African system, where 'coloured' was a separate category, who had slightly more privileges than black people.

I also think that stupid people are confused by the current 'person of colour' terminology: "I thought we weren't allowed to call them that any more. Why do they have to keep changing it?"

gilbertharding

Sonny_Jim

He must have done shitloads of Hamilton's Water Breaks videos.