Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:17:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What genre is the theme from Beadles About

Started by Goldentony, December 14, 2021, 06:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldentony

Here it is, extended -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQmh_7L2sm4

So to my ears it's either ska or whatever you'd classify BA Robertson or Chas & Dave? But maybe someone here has a better guess

imitationleather

Goldentony

you know what, the Mr Bungle shout is spot on

Mr Banlon

Dirty Boy

It's almost Ska, but the piano is pure Honky Tonk which makes it very avant-garde. It's fucking multi genre is what it is. Beadle apparently being into off-kilter proggy stuff (or so i've read) makes sense given his nutzoid theme music and his habit of wearing a beard over his own beard.

I remember my friends dad used to dance around the living room singing "watch out, Beadles a cunt" while miming playing a piano with one hand tucked into his sleeve (haha disabled). It seems less funny now, but at the time whatever hijinx followed was always going to be a letdown.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

He's not even the best drummer in the Beadles.

JaDanketies

QuoteWatch Out, Beadle's About
Oi! Oi!
Watch Out, Beadle's About
Oi! Oi!

before anyone starts slagging him off, if you slag him off you're a cunt. also the hand jokes are tired and ableist. RIP Beadle <3

Goldentony

Quote from: Dirty Boy on December 14, 2021, 08:20:39 PMI remember my friends dad used to dance around the living room singing "watch out, Beadles a cunt" while miming playing a piano with one hand tucked into his sleeve (haha disabled). It seems less funny now, but at the time whatever hijinx followed was always going to be a letdown.

good god, we're all going to hell boys

Video Game Fan 2000

Goldentony

we're all in the same area, definitely a Wax Trax group

Video Game Fan 2000

non capisco

HE SEEKS YOU HERE
SEEKS YOU THERE
BEADLE SEEKS YOU EVERYWHERE

Brrrr. And you thought the Soviets bombing Sheffield was the main thing British people were worried about in the 80s.

Quote from: Goldentony on December 14, 2021, 06:39:36 PMHere it is, extended -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQmh_7L2sm4

So to my ears it's either ska or whatever you'd classify BA Robertson or Chas & Dave? But maybe someone here has a better guess

Chas & Dave described their style as 'rockney' - part rock and part Cockney.

I can't discern any Cockney features in the Beadle's About theme - sounds like a kind on non-Cockney rockney to me.

Glebe

mothman

non capisco

Sorry, I'm still thinking of that chilling, seldom broadcast middle eight.

BE AWARE
BEADLE'S THERE
HE COULD GET YOU ANYWHERE

Are we SURE he's dead? Someone saw the corpse? He's 100% in the ground and we can all stop worrying about him SEEKING us, right?

Brundle-Fly

The parping sax, the hammering piano, the London vocals, - it's textbook 1980s ersatz Madness used on advert jingles and the like. 

non capisco

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on December 14, 2021, 11:27:20 PMThe parping sax, the hammering piano, the London vocals, - it's textbook 1980s ersatz Madness used on advert jingles and the like. 

It was probably knocked out in the same session with the same band/vocalist as "'Ow do Do It All do it?"

JesusAndYourBush

It's like a non-Cockney version of Chas & Dave.

Style: Non-Cockney Rockney

Glebe

Actually the Beadle's About theme wasn't bad, it's the You've Been Framed! theme that's the worst piece of written-in-ten-seconds piece of ITV blandness in the history of TV!